BA519 LIS to LHR today 26 March delayed

Old Mar 26, 22, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
if it gets delayed beyond 20:30 then there is a high chance it will be delayed overnight as it could go into LHR overnight flight ban time. I donít think so it will to be honest so donít panic.
Heathrow is open H24, there is no overnight flight ban. (BA as a based airline get a large amount of the night noise quota to use as they wish).
AJA_ likes this.
Old Mar 26, 22, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Mucci recipient
Just pushed back. Captain explained delay down to staffing issues in at least 4 departments following people leaving BA in 2020.

Apparently will arrive in LHR in 2 hours 10 minutes. Let's see.
Old Mar 26, 22, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Landed at c gates . On board announcement while taxiing to gate that local time at LHR is 22:05. So captain did well to make up time but didn't beat 3 hour limit.
Old Apr 7, 22, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Update: Good news! Just received an email from BA with the following:

"We’ve reviewed your application and we’re pleased to confirm that you’re entitled to compensation under EU Regulation 261. This has been calculated as €400 per customer. Please visit ba.com to find out more about the calculation.

This amount will shortly be transferred into your bank account or, if you didn’t provide any details, we’ll send you a cheque in the post"

My thanks to everyone who responded to me on the day and subsequently. I am very grateful to all of you and in particular @corporate-wage-slave for his advice on the fact that the flight from LCA had arrived early and that the delay was likely due to lack of flight or cabin crew. I am also very grateful for the update on the departure from LHR of the outbound plane by @JohnKeane and @Krisz
Old Apr 7, 22, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
This amount will shortly be transferred into your bank account or, if you didnít provide any details, weíll send you a cheque in the post"
Excellent result, i had a similar problem LHR-FAO on 12th march
12th March - Logged claim
31st March - Received email saying the amount to be transferred shortly.
7th April - still waiting and wondering how long shortly is (thou not in any rush)
Old Apr 20, 22, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Further update: Just checked my bank account and today (20 April) I have received £333.60 being the compensation payment.

I was curious to see whether they would pay out the Sterling equivalent of €400 or whether they would pay the amount as set out in the post-Brexit adoption of EC261 which would have been £350.00.

Pretty pleased with the amount regardless. Thanks BA (and EC for introducing the regulations). It goes some way to make up for the delay on the day.

Search this Thread