Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL phone line really is hopeless these days

Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold

I appreciate that there have been some trying days for BA in recent months when there have been major system failures, etc. On a day like that I expect even the GGL phone line to be slow in answering. But it now seems just to be a regular fact of life. Unless I've missed something, today is just a regular day. And I've been holding for nearly 30 minutes. So not impressive...
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Certainly not like a few years ago.

I just call UK time between midnight and 4am. Answers within max a minute.

Usual wait I believe it's 10 20 mins uk peak times.

Used to be pretty immediate as you probably know, so now I just avoid peak uk times
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DominicB
I appreciate that there have been some trying days for BA in recent months when there have been major system failures, etc. On a day like that I expect even the GGL phone line to be slow in answering. But it now seems just to be a regular fact of life. Unless I've missed something, today is just a regular day. And I've been holding for nearly 30 minutes. So not impressive...
A lot down to luck I suppose, but have just spoken with the GGL line. My call answered within 1 minute (probably less).

Doc Copper
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I know it's of scant comfort but at least you are getting an answer eventually, whenever I call to try and sort out BA's mixups on an imminent booking they say they won't answer my call and hang up !!
Grande Annee and SA100 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:42 am

Not sure it’s fair to say they are hopeless. I’m my experience wait times seem longer (twice last week it was c11 and c17 minutes during normal UK working day for baggage issues) but they were super helpful and efficient (as ever).
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:48 am

Regrettably I have to agree that wait times have become significant. On approximately 10/15 calls over the past month, all within UK hours, my best wait time has been 10 minutes and worst 20. As others rightly pointed out, it used to be immediate.

I wonder if it’s driven by a downsized team, or more demand (which would seem odd, as I would imagine that we are not back to pre pandemic levels of travel).
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I was waiting for 40 minutes earlier today. What is more frustrating is that the GGL lady I spoke to on Monday promised me she would call me on Tuesday morning to take payment after the space release had been completed… I got no call back hence me calling them today.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
I was on hold for about 20 mins this morning. Agent did say that they are currently training a group of new agents for the GGL line who should be coming online in the next few weeks, and that we will hopefully see improvements in response times soon.

I’ll second the comment above that in addition to longer wait times, the follow-up reliabilities have dropped dramatically in recent months - multiple instances where agents have failed to call back after promising to, or action tasks which then necessitates members having to call back to chase.
becks1 and islandadventurer like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I needed to make a minor change on my TUI flight today, and once I'd navigated the menu options, I was talking to AN ACTUAL HUMAN BEING within 30 seconds, and the issue was sorted within 2 minutes. I don't even have status with TUI

Now whether that's in any way a useful data point in this thread is arguable. But regardless, it's something that makes me feel like I want to
fly with them just a little bit more. If only they had a proper business class... (not that everyone thinks BA does either)
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Huh, I'm only calling the Silver line [skype to the UK 0800 number] but four calls over the last two days have had the longest wait be ~25mins - tonight after work on a Friday. The rest max five mins - and the agents all seemed entirely familiar with multi-carrier rewards, which is not a given IME. I was expecting much worse, given the reports on here.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by flying_pig
Regrettably I have to agree that wait times have become significant. On approximately 10/15 calls over the past month, all within UK hours, my best wait time has been 10 minutes and worst 20. As others rightly pointed out, it used to be immediate.

I wonder if it’s driven by a downsized team, or more demand (which would seem odd, as I would imagine that we are not back to pre pandemic levels of travel).
You are lucky. 10 minutes is a good day. 20-30 seems more normal these days. On a bad day, I just hang up at 30+ minutes.

They used to answer emails in a day, sadly 3-4 days is the norm. Or zero response at all if you're unlucky.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I was waiting for 40 minutes earlier today. What is more frustrating is that the GGL lady I spoke to on Monday promised me she would call me on Tuesday morning to take payment after the space release had been completed… I got no call back hence me calling them today.
Likewise, I confirmed a booking a week ago and was told it would be sent for ticketing. Nothing. Had to call back myself after a week and told that the credit card number hadn't stored correctly. Not that anyone was going to contact me of course.
islandadventurer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
If they don’t answer within 2-3 minutes, I generally hang up and then send a priority email explaining I tried to call, and it’s usually answered within 24 hours. Obviously for non time sensitive issues it just gets things done without consuming wait times. I agree, as reported, these wait times are not acceptable really.
islandadventurer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
You are lucky. 10 minutes is a good day. 20-30 seems more normal these days. On a bad day, I just hang up at 30+ minutes.

They used to answer emails in a day, sadly 3-4 days is the norm. Or zero response at all if you're unlucky.
Are you using the correct email address? Without exception all my email has been answered within 24 hours and not a single one has gone unanswered.
morges1 and islandadventurer like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you using the correct email address? Without exception all my email has been answered within 24 hours and not a single one has gone unanswered.
I always had an answer via email, but my last experience was +36h to get a reply.
As I wrote in another thread, early in the year I got a reply within 12h - and I thought we were back close to what it was pre-pandemic, 2 to 6 hours waiting time - but for all 2021 the waiting has been around 48 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.