Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL phone line really is hopeless these days

GGL phone line really is hopeless these days

Old Mar 31, 22, 2:23 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Lifetime Gold
I've had to phone them three times today. First call just after 8am was answered immediately. Second, at 4.25pm answered in three minutes and the final one at 7pm answered in one minute.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Mar 31, 22, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I had to call this evening at 615 pm uk time.

Was very reluctant to call as always normally call overnight to avoid waiting.

But what a surprise, especially with the recent IT 'issues', got through in seconds!

I thought pure luck, but maybe not as CTV also..
CTV likes this.
Old Mar 31, 22, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
While the wait times have been on the higher side recently, getting through to somebody who knows what they are doing is a pleasure and should never be taken for granted!
Having spent the combined time of 2.5hrs across 3 calls to AA today to try and resolve a booking for tomorrow (funny enough caused by BA cancelling the first leg!) I can safely say AA agents have literally no idea how to search for flights or ticket rules on their own system! (And they arent the ones in melt down!)
The idea of me giving them a routing (which is routine on my BA GGL calls) was alien to AA (and always has been it seems) - so never take for granted the knowledge and professionalism of the GGL phone team - they make life a lot easier on itineraries I am asking them to navigate!

Pilot37
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by CTV View Post
I've had to phone them three times today. First call just after 8am was answered immediately. Second, at 4.25pm answered in three minutes and the final one at 7pm answered in one minute.
Truly bizarre. Same day, my 8:30am call took over 40 minutes to answer (and I am pretty sure did not end up with a GGL trained person considering she swore up and down she could not do what the next person did immediately) plus a 40 minute wait for a supervisor (I gave up before it got through), and my 10:30am call took over half an hour.
Old Apr 1, 22, 1:17 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
While the wait times have been on the higher side recently, getting through to somebody who knows what they are doing is a pleasure and should never be taken for granted!
Having spent the combined time of 2.5hrs across 3 calls to AA today to try and resolve a booking for tomorrow (funny enough caused by BA cancelling the first leg!) I can safely say AA agents have literally no idea how to search for flights or ticket rules on their own system! (And they arent the ones in melt down!)
The idea of me giving them a routing (which is routine on my BA GGL calls) was alien to AA (and always has been it seems) - so never take for granted the knowledge and professionalism of the GGL phone team - they make life a lot easier on itineraries I am asking them to navigate!

Pilot37
Theres this odd American cultural thing where you dont want to come across as doing their job for them. So the best way is to sort of gently guide the AA agent into discovering what you already know you want rather than directly telling them.

eg instead of giving a flight number, you might say something like I think theres a mid-morning flight between A and B, Obviously use this in the most sincere way and not to manipulate someone.
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 2:50 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by abligh View Post
Truly bizarre. Same day, my 8:30am call took over 40 minutes to answer (and I am pretty sure did not end up with a GGL trained person considering she swore up and down she could not do what the next person did immediately) plus a 40 minute wait for a supervisor (I gave up before it got through), and my 10:30am call took over half an hour.
YMMV, I suppose. The longest i've had to wait back in early January at the height of the issues was 15 minutes, but generally my maximum is 5 to 10 mins with an average of less than 5. There's definitely a wider mix of knowledge and abilities now, so if I think there are other options i'll just ring back. I'm sure that will get better as the new team members get more experience.
Old Apr 1, 22, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post
Theres this odd American cultural thing where you dont want to come across as doing their job for them. So the best way is to sort of gently guide the AA agent into discovering what you already know you want rather than directly telling them.

eg instead of giving a flight number, you might say something like I think theres a mid-morning flight between A and B, Obviously use this in the most sincere way and not to manipulate someone.
The complete opposite to BA then where it can help (and is often appreciated) when you call up and say please rebook me on BAxxx!
Old Apr 2, 22, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Is there a reason that when you get routed to India they can only move a cancelled flight 14 days, but if you get through to a UK centre they move the flight to any day with ticket validity?
Old Apr 2, 22, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I've needed to call them a few times in the last couple of weeks, and like others here have noticed a marked deterioration in response times, with 10-20 mins being the norm.

Interestingly when I called yesterday the agent asked how long I'd waited, and I said about 20 mins. I asked if it was due to short staffing or just being busier with travel picking up. She said neither, but rather the phone number for the GGL was appearing prominently in Google searches for people needing to call BA, and the team is spending an inordinate amount of time answering calls from non GGL members, and redirecting them to the right place.

Worth saying though that when you do get through, the agents are as high calibre and professional as always.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I've also noticed now they do ask for your exec number pretty much straight away, most of the time.

Added
I believe some of the time they can match your tel no to a GGL account .

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Apr 2, 22 at 3:19 am
Old Apr 2, 22, 3:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jonr405 View Post
Is there a reason that when you get routed to India they can only move a cancelled flight 14 days, but if you get through to a UK centre they move the flight to any day with ticket validity?
Minus 3 to plus 14 days is a long established policy and no-one gets into trouble by rebookinng to those windows so it's easy to get. If the specifics of the circumstances allows for a wider window then it's down to which Disruption Guideline is in place, its latest incarnation and whether an agent reckons there is enough wriggle room to go above and beyond. Again depending on the specifics, I would imagine the Manchester team could insist on the -3 to +14 window if that was what the relevant policy said.
jonr405 likes this.

Search this Thread