Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When will BA sort out the sorry state of CW?

When will BA sort out the sorry state of CW?

Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Is it even a “monopoly” when a person chooses a specific airline to fly?
According to Flyertalk economics, if there isn't a flight at the time I want it to be, at the price I want it to be and with direct aisle access... it's a monopoly. Go figure.
ExpatExp, TomMM and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Voting with your wallet is the only thing that speaks.
Flyers being addicted to status only hinders, but I understand that being GGL on BA is valuable
At the end of the day, unless the masses move away from BA, a few here saying theyll rake their cash elsewhere isn't going to make the slighest bit of difference to them.
​​​
99.999999% of us who might be "loyal" to BA, are, at the end of the day, no different to Mr and Mrs "once a year to the sun" flyers in BA's eyes.
daftboy, T8191 and JD1905 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by xenole
At the end of the day, unless the masses move away from BA, a few here saying theyll rake their cash elsewhere isn't going to make the slighest bit of difference to them.
​​​
99.999999% of us who might be "loyal" to BA, are, at the end of the day, no different to Mr and Mrs "once a year to the sun" flyers in BA's eyes.
And in any case the money goes to the same people if you go AA QR IB AY etc with joint business and revenue share and QR being shareholders etc
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:45 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by hydro001
And in any case the money goes to the same people if you go AA QR IB AY etc with joint business and revenue share and QR being shareholders etc
Indeed, but if less people start flying British Airways it is possible that one of two things will happen.

- They will get their act together
- A competitor will take over the market

In honesty, neither will happen. They don’t care and if you’re bothered by it then just use another airline, but don’t for a second think it’ll make any difference.

I think people here sometimes forget they are just a number. BA don’t care about your status (Unless you’re premier).
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC
I dont think anyone here is under any illusion that they are 'valued' by BA. The discontent with the product and/or services is valid and BA needs to up its game but price and convenience will always prevail for the masses and for this little corner of the internet you can add status/avios etc and a route network to get you to most corners of planet.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by UncleDude
BA is still lower than Percentage than every other National/Airline on Your List except Defunct Alitalia and Sanctioned Aeroflot I've also included Delta with an amazing Dominance at Atlanta
Eh??
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Eh??
BA's dominance at Heathrow is less that the dominance of other airlines listed at their hubs, eg AF at CDG etc.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by RJD1983
Yes, it can be. If you have limited choice. BA prioritises it's own needs with those slots. Those needs of BA might not be compatible with your needs. If BA had half of the slots, it might be more competitive with its products and routes.
but you only have limited choice if you want to fly 1 airline.

There are competitors on many (most) routes ba has from lhr, just that its not one airline. If ba has 51% of the slots then together the competitors have 49%. Dominant position yes, monopoly i am not so sure about and would depend to some extent on your perspective
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:23 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This started as a discussion about the quality, or lack thereof in Club Europe. I find it somewhat odd that when booking no one notices the seating plan. I actually check in SeatGuru but that’s just me. I’m surprised also that anyone who posts or reads here does not know that state of the meals as they are discussed here on a daily basis. The choice is not poor, it is disgraceful. As for internet, if it has to be paid for in Premium Cabin, I’ll pass thanks.

It does all seem a bit hit-and-miss. I have heard praise heaped and I’ve heard that people will leave and I don’t blame them. If I felt that strongly, I’d go. I will not go yet as I’ not dissatisfied enough. Indeed I’m quite happy actually. Club Kitchen is often ransacked by greedy fellow passengers and not all of them entitled as they are in WT+.

Yes, I think that the Club Suites will improve matters and that the catering will improve as it has in Club Europe. Whether it will satisfy everyone. I am actually having to fly with AA LHR-ORD in May and I can then judge for myself. I am not looking forward to it but maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Dan72
BA's dominance at Heathrow is less that the dominance of other airlines listed at their hubs, eg AF at CDG etc.
Probably the reason why AF J has also been far from stellar over recent times!

Same can be said for KL an LH. There’s not many who are going to connect to fly on those products over a direct service on BA
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Dan72
Probably the reason why AF J has also been far from stellar over recent times!

Same can be said for KL an LH. There’s not many who are going to connect to fly on those products over a direct service on BA
Dan72 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
It was interesting comparing some recent LH trip reports to the standard on BA. Incredible difference in the F&B offering.
Take trip reports with a pinch of salt.. I've been on lots of flights with the missus and many's the time our opinions differ.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I was watching a travel blogger's recent YouTube video report of KLM from AMS-DXB, and that really didn't come across as any better than BA from their primary hub. Crew, aircraft and food didn't seem to live up to much.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Confus
I don’t. Believe it or not, most people prefer direct flights. I don’t want a 2am stop in the desert, and will readily accept a lower quality product to achieve it.
I think it's obvious that most people prefer non-stop flights (one reason the airline industry generates confusion with the "direct" term, to mislead people into thinking a flight is non-stop when it may involve a change of planes).

Not sure what difference it makes if a stop is "in the desert" or not. We're not the 1940s where everyone had to climb down stairs onto the tarmac to change planes.

For myself, I refer a better flight experience for bth work and personal trips. I can do work on board if I need to, and i'd rather be comfortable and have an enjoyable flight. But that's me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.