Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday ideas with no restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by GodAtum
But the Uk gov website says
I'm in the Maldives now and I know what I had to declare and upload when preparing to travel on British Airways less than a week ago. I'm not here to debate specifics over rules and regulations. We all know they can change for the better and for the worst without much in the way of notice.

With respect this is a pretty non-specific topic and has nada to do with British Airways. Perhaps you should seek advice and recommendations elsewhere in a more appropriate forum?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Dominican Republic has no mask requirements in the country and no vaccine requirements. Masks are currently required on BA but I think that will change as they are not required on TUI
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Grenada have just dropped all restrictions and entry requirements, effective from Monday 4 April.

Silversands emailed me this morning, hoping to tempt me back with a 4 nights for the price of 3 offer.
Unfortunately no CW reward seats until late this year.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by JessicaB
Dominican Republic has no mask requirements in the country and no vaccine requirements. Masks are currently required on BA but I think that will change as they are not required on TUI
I still need a PCR test though?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I still need a PCR test though?
No ... See the TR in my signature.
Dominican Republic. ¡Ole! The DR have implemented an extremely sensible and practical on-line “E-ticket” arrangement, which generates a QR Code that covers the passenger for Immigration, Customs and Health declarations! For both passengers … and up to 7, IIRC! And, to our amazement, no testing requirement if fully vaccinated … just a declaration of “No Symptoms” … how brave!
https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/...m/coronavirus/
https://eticket.migracion.gob.do
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
That website is contradicting itself. It first says

Most travelers (for example, from United States, Canada, Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Panama, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Puerto Rico, etc.) do not need to present a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival to enter the Dominican Republic.
then it says

All passengers and crew members arriving in the Dominican Republic from Australia, Brazil, Democratic Republic of Congo, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Ireland, Kuwait, Monaco, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Senegal, Sweden, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales) and the Kingdom of Spain, as well as South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Swaziland, and Angola, must present a vaccination card or a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival. This measure also applies to all passengers coming from the aforementioned countries arriving to the Dominican Republic from another country, and to those who have been in those countries in the last 14 days.

Last edited by GodAtum; Mar 25, 2022 at 9:14 am
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:12 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
That website is contradicting itself. It first says

then it says
Where's the contradiction? It says you either show you've been vaccinated or have a negative test result. Most people have been vaccinated, so most travellers don't need to present a test result.
jerry a. laska and T8191 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That website is contradicting itself. It first says …
I assure you we were not tested in January. We just filled in their e-ticket. No need to upload a vaccination certificate, just (as vaccinated pax) a declaration of “no symptoms”. Nobody asked to see our vaccination certificates, although we must have submitted them to VeriFLY to enable OLCI. It was blisteringly easy and quick.

Last edited by T8191; Mar 25, 2022 at 9:30 am
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
I assure you we were not tested in January. We just filled in their e-ticket. No need to upload a vaccination certificate, just (as vaccinated pax) a declaration of “no symptoms”. Nobody asked to see our vaccination certificates, although we must have submitted them to VeriFLY to enable OLCI. It was blisteringly easy and quick.
I've been on the phone to BA. According to the rep, as a non-vaccinated person, I'm required to present a negative PCR test. Is she incorrect?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been on the phone to BA. According to the rep, as a non-vaccinated person, I'm required to present a negative PCR test. Is she incorrect?
Ah, I had missed that significant nuance. Apologies!

T8191, Vaxx #4 yesterday!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
No one mentioned Switzerland, unless we are talking about hot countries only. No entry forms, anyone can visit and masks only on public transport. I enjoyed couple of days in sunny Alps recently, flights to Zurich by BA.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
No one mentioned Switzerland, unless we are talking about hot countries only. No entry forms, anyone can visit and masks only on public transport. I enjoyed couple of days in sunny Alps recently, flights to Zurich by BA.
But on the gov.uk website it says I need a vaccine? In my OP I specifically say NO vaccine requirement.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
But on the gov.uk website it says I need a vaccine? In my OP I specifically say NO vaccine requirement.
Yawn, just have it like the rest of the world. Your other thread about taking you mum in F - that's going to need a vaccine!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Looks like information is confusing. Switzerland lifted entry restrictions and there's no forms and no tests but at the same time it says that vaccination is needed. I have EU passport and just entered the country the same as before Covid, just went through automatic gate without doing anything beforehand. Didn't notice that there are different rules for UK passport holders. I honestly thought that Switzerland lifted all restrictions. So, depending on what passport you show, you will be treated differently, regardless of country of origin.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/u...ronavirus.html

Currently, no COVID-19 related measures apply when entering Switzerland. This means ELIGIBLE travellers from the UK can enter Switzerland without any further requirements (e.g. passenger locator form, testing).

Categories of travellers from the UK who are ELIGIBLE to enter Switzerland:
(for the complete list see SEM FAQs, section ‘Who can enter Switzerland’)
  • Swiss citizens
  • Holders of Swiss residence rights
  • Holders of rights of free movement (EU/EFTA citizens)
  • Fully vaccinated persons (last vaccination/booster within 270 days before entry)
  • Recovered persons (a person is considered recovered from the 11th until the 180th day after a positive PCR or rapid antigen test; please note that the NHS recovery certificate is recognised in Switzerland)
  • Children under 18
  • Cases of special necessity
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think you probably best leave it a year. There are a few places such as Mexico which don't have much in the way of restrictions, but my hunch is that it will take about 6 months from now before other countries move to zero restrictions of any sort, writing in general here, and I can see a scenario where many countries will make it quasi permanent in some form. The biggest unknown is how the virus will evolve over the next few months, and I can tell you that those of us paid to know this, don't. For all the queues in LHR T5 today, with all those people jetting off in many cases for the first time in 2 years plus, the one thing that nearly 100% of them can say is that they have had their safe and effective vaccinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.