Wiki Posts
Search

Reward flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Reward flights

Quick question for anyone who might know:

when I look up F availability for LHR-IAD it gives me plenty of options. When I add INV-LHR-IAD to the search it only allows me to look up to J class…. Why does F disappear??

also anyone able to tell me best place to look for monitoring reward flights LAX-HNL? Pre-pandemic I thought I’d been using reward flight finder but this doesn’t allow me to look for flights departing LAX so maybe I am misremembering.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
F disappears presumably because there's no F on INV-LHR. Have you tried the multi-city tool?
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Truthmonkey
F disappears presumably because there's no F on INV-LHR. Have you tried the multi-city tool?
Yes it must be but I’m pretty sure this didn’t used to happen and it just defaulted INV-LHR to the next available class rather than cut F off for the international leg. Multi city tool isn’t appearing in the book with avios+241 voucher section. Might be that if I just called up to book this wouldn’t be an issue but it’s a lot less convenient not being able to just do it online
efincomputer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
It makes no odds that there is no F from INV, I've booked several GLA departures (in CE) connecting on to F no problem. Isn't this "married segment" issue ? Not that I understand them........

Try adding in a "stop over" when it gives that option, but make the arrival from INV and departure from LHR the same date, that worked for me one time.
SxMan, Savvysaz and efincomputer like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Use the add a stopover tool during the booking process and put your stopover as LHR, with both the domestic and transatlantic legs on the same day. This should get around the bug.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Use the add a stopover tool during the booking process and put your stopover as LHR, with both the domestic and transatlantic legs on the same day. This should get around the bug.
it worked, thanks!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
It makes no odds that there is no F from INV, I've booked several GLA departures (in CE) connecting on to F no problem. Isn't this "married segment" issue ? Not that I understand them........

Try adding in a "stop over" when it gives that option, but make the arrival from INV and departure from LHR the same date, that worked for me one time.

thank you!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
You're most welcome. Some years ago another member on here helped me in exactly the same way for the same issue, so I'm happy to be passing it forward

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.