Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice please on original routing credit and downgrade refund.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice please on original routing credit and downgrade refund.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Is BAMissingAvios no more? I can see their profile, and apparently recent activity, but no posts.
This is a fully active account.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:00 pm

Tonight at LGW - A mess.

Hey guys. I was finishing my TP run to go LGW MAD then MAD CMN in J, I let the gate know my plans were flexible as they told me the flight was oversold. Anyway I didn’t get on the flight after waiting at the gate and I was one of five who were denied boarding due to oversell.

I don’t live too far so suggested I will take a taxi home as the hotel options were 2 hours away. (Late Saturday and champions league). Operations offered £100 per person to stay at their house FYI.

I said I would prefer to reach out to Iberia to re book etc. They didn’t have a connection tomorrow and could only offer direct but this wasn’t explored as I said I would get in touch to re book. My nested flights I can get a FTV. I have however lost out on 2 nights hotel in Madrid.

I presume EU261 would apply and I’m quite keen on ORC rather than or as well as flying. Need TPs

any advice welcome. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Egbg100
I presume EU261 would apply and I’m quite keen on ORC rather than or as well as flying. Need TPs
Yes, if it's an oversale then that's IDB, and probably BA won't contest that if it was done at the gate. For ORC - if you don't fly and thus get a refund from the cancellation, then normally that removes ORC, however the shortfall in TPs may not be a problem by the time it gets to year end.
Old May 29, 2022, 3:26 am

Thanks for your reply. Does this affect the connection as IDB too? Presume it’s travel insurance for the loss of hotels etc in relation.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is a fully active account.
I was wondering that myself. I sent a PM a week ago and never received a reply.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Is BAMissingAvios no more? I can see their profile, and apparently recent activity, but no posts.

I have similar issue - constant error message when adding the (correct) 125 ticket number and when I called they said it would be fixed, but nothing so far.
I'm in the same boat.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by u01sss3
Given England's half term and the public holidays, I would leave it until mid next week and then send a follow up.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I don't think you should necessarily expect a reply – when I have contacted BAMissingAvios I have simply had a Customer Service email a few days later (7-10 I think) that says "Thanks for contacting us through FlyerTalk.com. We have investigated your request and ..."
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott lifetime platinum
Three months later an update from me: I did get the original routing and the BA Holidays double TPs credited, I followed the process documented on this forum it was painless and quick.

Sadly the same can’t be said of the complaint i raised re the downgrade, still no response after three months. I think that I’ll write that one off.

Thanks again for the advice and help.
u01sss3 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
I don't think you should necessarily expect a reply – when I have contacted BAMissingAvios I have simply had a Customer Service email a few days later (7-10 I think) that says "Thanks for contacting us through FlyerTalk.com. We have investigated your request and ..."
Thanks, I'm still waiting on a response of any kind.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
1. I suspect you will get the TPs for the cabin travelled rather than ORC
Looking into ORC to protect myself on an upcoming booking. Why wouldn't they get ORC in this case?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by exeu2017
Looking into ORC to protect myself on an upcoming booking. Why wouldn't they get ORC in this case?
Well it was one of those posts with a lot of words and not so many specifics, plus we don't have an outcome. But the implication I read into that post was that a redund down to the travelled cabin would be provided, so that covers the ORC scenario. Had they been rebooked on to United then ORC would be provided. Ditto if a rerouting gave no refund but did reduce TPs and Avios (LHR-NYC-LAX going to LHR-LAX for example). As ever the details matter.
flyertalker00133 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Oddly enough I received an update to my complaint from BA last week. They have passed the issue to BA Holidays to so they can calculate any applicable refund due.... I'll wait another four months and see what happens! I did get ORC for Tier Points and Avios.
Old May 23, 2023, 4:03 am
Original Poster

One year and lots of chasing later and I finally have a resolution, I got a refund last week. I'm happy with the refund but it took far too long. Thanks to all for your help with this.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.