Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirbusA350
List of BA destinations where masks ARE mandatory

You will need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling to the following countries (as of 4th May 2023):
  • Morocco

You will not need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling from any country back to UK (as of 4th May 2023)
Print Wikipost

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 2:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Is this info current on France? They don't require masks in CDG or in France, so I don't see why flights from CDG to LHR would require masks when they aren't required in either airport.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
They don't actually require masks at JFK. I flew out of JFK last week. No masks in the airport and none on the flight from JFK to Europe.
The link in the post above yours suggest they are required at JFK - although it sounds like in your experience most people ignored it.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Is this info current on France? They don't require masks in CDG or in France, so I don't see why flights from CDG to LHR would require masks when they aren't required in either airport.
BA has not updated its website since 19 April, but it appears the list in the wiki is generally consistent with what is required onboard. I’m pretty sure France still mandates mask wearing on flights notwithstanding they are not required to be worn in French airports. Air France require masks on all its flights.
alex67500 likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:29 am

yes the list matches the one on ba.com. It seems they are still required on public transport in France.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/03/14/...-health-passes
Old May 2, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
They're required whilst on public transport in France, so BA will ask for them.

The transport hub itself I am not sure about. Saw quite a few people at CDG not wearing them when I was there last month and saw zero enforcement.

At the same time, I was asked to put one on in the concourse of a Metro station when I entered having forgotten to put one on whilst I hauled a pram and suitcase down the steps. I had to press the assistance button to get through the barriers with the pram and a suitcase and was reminded at that point. I'd guess they are required in transport hubs on that basis or there would be no reason to say anything otherwise.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Le port du masque est toujours obligatoire dans les transports en commun pour toutes les personnes âgées d'au moins 6 ans. L'obligation concerne les espaces intérieurs des véhicules et les espaces dont l'accès est réservé aux détenteurs d'un titre de transport.

They are still obligatory on board. It’s so stupidly inconsistent.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
They are indeed still required on public transport in France, so it applies to flights. Nobody said it was logical, it's just what the law says, and BA has to comply.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:07 am
Suspended

As a data point, I would like to note no masks were required at CDG, we were not made to mask up on the CDG-LHR leg and no masks at LHR.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I flew Malaga (where masks are not mandatory at the airport) to Heathrow (where masks are not mandatory at the airport) yesterday 3rd May - Masks required on the flying bit between both airports...

I have no idea which authority stipulates this.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I flew Malaga (where masks are not mandatory at the airport) to Heathrow (where masks are not mandatory at the airport) yesterday 3rd May - Masks required on the flying bit between both airports...

https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/during/

Use of face masks

In Spain, as of 20 April 2022 it is no longer mandatory to wear a mask indoors or outdoors with certain exceptions. You must wear a mask:

1. When travelling by plane, train or bus, as well as in all other public transport.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

The Spanish. The UK has no mask mandate that affects air travel.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:49 am

As a data point, I would like to note no masks were required at CDG, we were not made to mask up on the CDG-LHR leg and no masks at LHR.
No masks at CDG and LHR is consistent with BA's guidance. When you say you were not 'made to mask up' does that mean there was no announcement that masks should be worn or do you mean crew did not enforce the mask policy save for a boarding announcement that they should be worn?
Old May 4, 2022, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No masks at CDG and LHR is consistent with BA's guidance. When you say you were not 'made to mask up' does that mean there was no announcement that masks should be worn or do you mean crew did not enforce the mask policy save for a boarding announcement that they should be worn?
There was no boarding announcement saying they should be worn and at least half the other people in Euro Traveler were unmasked, crew did not ask anyone to mask up. Kudos for their moxie. Enough of this theater.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:51 am

There was no boarding announcement saying they should be worn and at least half the other people in Euro Traveler were unmasked, crew did not ask anyone to mask up. Kudos for their moxie. Enough of this theater.
At FAO last Saturday there was a half-hearted attempt at the gate to tell pax a mask was required, but no follow-up for those that ignored the request.

No announcement on the plane, although there was an announcement that there was a passenger on board with a severe nut allergy and that we should all refrain from eating nuts.

Some did put a mask on before boarding and some didn't, but there was no attempt to tell the refuseniks to mask up. Once the drinks trolley came round hardly anyone put them on again for the rest of the flight.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:08 am

British Airways has today updated its mask policy. Albania, Chile and Germany are added to the list of destinations where masks are required. Masks are no longer required for Bulgaria and Czech Republic.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.