Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirbusA350
List of BA destinations where masks ARE mandatory

You will need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling to the following countries (as of 4th May 2023):
  • Morocco

You will not need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling from any country back to UK (as of 4th May 2023)
Print Wikipost

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; HHonors; ClubCarlson
Originally Posted by KARFA

For inbound flights I suspect it is face coverings for the whole flight until you get off at LHR.
So can face masks come off as soon as you land or do you have to wait until you are in the terminal? Or maybe as soon as the flight is over U.K. airspace masks can be removed? Personally I always make sure I have sufficient food and drink which can keep me maskless for a long time while airborne.
CrazyLilBlondie likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vanmunchen
So can face masks come off as soon as you land or do you have to wait until you are in the terminal? Or maybe as soon as the flight is over U.K. airspace masks can be removed? Personally I always make sure I have sufficient food and drink which can keep me maskless for a long time while airborne.
my understanding is they are doing a “full flight” approach, so they are needed for the full flight or not needed at all during the flight. On that basis I suspect it is until you disembark.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by vanmunchen
I suspect it was compliance questions like this that caused BA to briefly delay implementing the new policy. These are not BA’s rules, BA are simply trying to implement the legal requirements for the jurisdictions they are serving, they are trying to ensure all passengers are complying with the law applicable for the flight being operated.

I agree with KARFA, where masks are required to be worn during a flight I would say masks could lawfully be removed once a passenger has disembarked the aircraft at LHR.
flygirl68 and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect it was compliance questions like this that caused BA to briefly delay implementing the new policy. These are not BA’s rules, BA are simply trying to implement the legal requirements for the jurisdictions they are serving, they are trying to ensure all passengers are complying with the law applicable for the flight being operated.
I don't dispute that. Once again, my point is that BA obviously saw a clear commercial benefit in removing mask mandate. They believe that doing so will be beneficial for their business. Yet they fail to provide comprehensive information on mask mandate to their customers. That's the only problem. If they published a list of routes where masks aren't required, I would support this policy.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by the810
I don't dispute that. Once again, my point is that BA obviously saw a clear commercial benefit in removing mask mandate. They believe that doing so will be beneficial for their business. Yet they fail to provide comprehensive information on mask mandate to their customers. That's the only problem. If they published a list of routes where masks aren't required, I would support this policy.
I do not accept your premise regarding the motive for changing policy. I suspect all airlines are wanting to get back to normal as soon as possible and this change in policy is due to the worldwide (and in particular English/NI) removal of mask mandates. I do not believe there are very many passengers who care as much as you clearly do about masks. I would guess that the vast majority of passengers would prefer not to wear masks on board (me included) but are prepared to wear them when required if that means they can travel and enjoy their freedom.

It won’t be too long before mask wearing becomes a personal choice for most flights, but airlines can’t mandate that until local laws are changed to allow it. Providing a list might appear helpful, but the problem with that is laws often change quickly and a country where masks are stated as optional at the time of booking might then require passengers to mask up when the day of traVel arrives. What happens then? Well, I suspect more agro for the poor crew from those who want to make a fuss about it.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:27 pm

Anyone know if masks are being mandated on flights to Germany given the FFP2 requirement over there currently?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by aviosasw
Anyone know if masks are being mandated on flights to Germany given the FFP2 requirement over there currently?
do you see any German destinations on the list in the wiki?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:31 pm

do you see any German destinations on the list in the wiki?
Apologies, I hadn’t seen the wiki had been updated. Thanks.
adrianlondon and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by aviosasw
Apologies, I hadn’t seen the wiki had been updated. Thanks.
sorry, I can see how that may have come across not as I intended. Basically yes if the destination still has a mask mandate you should expect ba will require you to wear one on the flight. In this case Germany does and as expected there aren’t any German destinations on the ba list of routes where they don’t require a face covering.
DaveS, nk15, AirbusA350 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
my understanding is they are doing a “full flight” approach, so they are needed for the full flight or not needed at all during the flight. On that basis I suspect it is until you disembark.
I've definitely noticed an increase in food and drink orders on the plane in flights the last year or so. One couple must have spent about Ł150 behind me on a flight to Rhodes to remain constantly fed and watered for the flight. I admired their determination
vanmunchen likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
I've definitely noticed an increase in food and drink orders on the plane in flights the last year or so. One couple must have spent about Ł150 behind me on a flight to Rhodes to remain constantly fed and watered for the flight. I admired their determination
tbh it’s not an approach I agree with and seems a little daft. Much as I don’t want to wear them and am happy when I don’t have to, I think I would resist playing the game of constantly ordering just to have an excuse to keep it off.
flygirl68, mpkz and DiamondMile like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:54 pm
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

tbh it’s not an approach I agree with and seems a little daft. Much as I don’t want to wear them and am happy when I don’t have to, I think I would resist playing the game of constantly ordering just to have an excuse to keep it off.
Maybe they just wanted to get pissed.
the810, Haagen Daz and JessicaB like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: Executive Club
I don't understand why my route (PUJ) hasn't been added to the list. Dominican Republic cancelled all Covid restrictions on February 17th.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by the810
Ironically, my travel budget throughout the pandemic was all time high but 95% of those money went to that one European country that never had any strict restrictions in place.
Thats about as ironic as an Alanis Morissette song.

The full flights over the last few months would indicate that whilst testing and other restrictions are barriers to travel for many, masks are an inconvenience at worst for the vast majority of travellers.

Finally, forgive me for not buying into your “free choice” schtik, given your previous history of discriminating against those expressing their free choice to wear masks.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33758933-post103.html
chrisny2 and Smiley90 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB
I don't understand why my route (PUJ) hasn't been added to the list. Dominican Republic cancelled all Covid restrictions on February 17th.
According to the Dominican Republic travel website sectors governed by Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation Authority has to comply with their measures, and the website states that it is imperative that face masks are worn on mass transportation.

https://www.godominicanrepublic.com/...irus/#measures
mpkz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.