Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirbusA350
List of BA destinations where masks ARE mandatory

You will need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling to the following countries (as of 4th May 2023):
  • Morocco

You will not need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling from any country back to UK (as of 4th May 2023)
Print Wikipost

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
total mess! Gate staff say no, crew say yes but don’t know why.
It’s the crew who have the final word. According to BSL website masks are mandatory on flights:

”Mandatory face masks
As EuroAirport is subject to French Covid regulations, protective face masks are still mandatory throughout the terminal and on airport buses save for children under 11. Face masks are mandatory onboard airplanes, and airlines may have additional requirements apart from the mandatory face mask rule.”
adrianlondon and Woodbinerich like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:25 pm
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackDann
Righto then. Second time lucky. After yesterday’s sh*tshow we seem to have made progress.

No masks required from LHR - BHD. No announcements regarding masks. No crew wearing masks. Proper normality, except I still can’t get a beer in ET because I haven’t pre-ordered… not sure how i’ll survive the next hour.
Good news. Could order a beer on wifi and pay by card. Fantastic flight and lovely to not have to wear a mask. A complete contradiction to yesterdays mess.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by nk15
'Worker exploitation", lol, for wearing a mask to protect self and others, lol, unbelievable...
Like it or not, I don't wanna support a company that makes its employees suffer beyond rules required for passengers. I'm a bad person, I guess.

But as other explained, this doesn't seem to be the case with BA and rules are the same for passengers and crews so there's no problem with that.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by the810
Like it or not, I don't wanna support a company that makes its employees suffer beyond rules required for passengers. I'm a bad person, I guess.

But as other explained, this doesn't seem to be the case with BA and rules are the same for passengers and crews so there's no problem with that.
Yup, Cabin crew should be allowed to wear their Koala bear Onsies on Long Haul flights.

No more not being able to have bright pink bags either

let’s the start for their rights! ✊🏼

POWER TO THE PEOPLE
mpkz and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I don't wanna support a company that makes its employees suffer .
Everybody likes and supports the crew, is the message...
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue

Crew are not “suffering” with masks; they’re a minor inconvenience which I’ll be glad to see the back of when the time is right.
Cap'n Benj, mpkz, nk15 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:09 pm
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Yup, Cabin crew should be allowed to wear their Koala bear Onsies on Long Haul flights.

No more not being able to have bright pink bags either

let’s the start for their rights! ✊🏼

POWER TO THE PEOPLE
All for this. Wouldn’t bother me if crew were dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. The days of “Business Dress” are fading out in Europe.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:55 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Exemple of why BA rules will be hard to follow: Austria reimplemented a full indoor mask mandates overnight. So if BA would have took Austria on the list yesterday they would have to add it back today.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Exemple of why BA rules will be hard to follow: Austria reimplemented a full indoor mask mandates overnight. So if BA would have took Austria on the list yesterday they would have to add it back today.
It’s due to take effect from 23 March so there would have been no change today.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:50 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
That does not change much the point, that things are still moving too much to have destination dependent rules.
nk15 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC
I’m afraid BA will simply have to press ahead with this now. The genie is out of the bottle and most of us are simply not willing to regress. I understand it is hard for some people to accept but you only have to look at behaviours when it is not mandated to see that the majority will take them off as soon as possible. Commercially BA needs to stick with the plan to make them optional wherever possible even if there are some teething troubles in the implementation.
bakera, LETTERBOY, the810 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
That does not change much the point, that things are still moving too much to have destination dependent rules.
Well it does change your point in that ba have several days notice to change their policy for flights to Austria, as opposed to the overnight change without warning which you claimed.

However, putting that misleading post aside, yes there will be changes - in the same way entry requirements are changing a lot atm. I am sure ba and passengers will cope.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
BA doesn't have a choice. Airlines with smaller networks are already able to remove mask mandates on their flights. Unless BA's prepared to lose customers on European routes, it needs to have a destination-based policy.

By the way, domestic mask mandate doesn't automatically mean there is a mask mandate for foreign planes flying into that country. For example, Flyr operates mask-free to countries such as Austria or Spain, which still have mask mandates on public transportation.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Masks on for my flight Zurich to LHR today,

aks120
nk15 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
I’m afraid BA will simply have to press ahead with this now. The genie is out of the bottle and most of us are simply not willing to regress. I understand it is hard for some people to accept but you only have to look at behaviours when it is not mandated to see that the majority will take them off as soon as possible. Commercially BA needs to stick with the plan to make them optional wherever possible even if there are some teething troubles in the implementation.
I’m confused by this statement, isn’t this exactly BA’s current policy? This is the policy:

• You will be required to wear a mask on board our flights if the destination you’re travelling to or from requires you to
  • You will be required to wear a mask to disembark the aircraft, and at your arrival airport, if the destination you’re flying to requires it
  • Where we have not been able to clarify the local restrictions and because restrictions can change quickly, we will still require you to wear face covering
  • For destinations where we have established that the wearing of a face covering is not mandated, you are able to make a personal choice and we kindly request everyone respects each other’s preferences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.