Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AirbusA350
List of BA destinations where masks ARE mandatory

You will need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling to the following countries (as of 4th May 2023):
  • Morocco

You will not need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling from any country back to UK (as of 4th May 2023)
Print Wikipost

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
My experience is that crew clearly had a choice whether to wear them as well - and all the ones I saw had chosen not to wear a face covering. This was on a route on the list in the wiki where face coverings are no longer required.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFL
No masks to WAW today.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aks120
Face masks a definite on the Zurich flight today. Staff were wearing it, tannoy made it clear it was not optional etc. Sort of what I expected on my flight yesterday but didnt get.
By the way, does anyone understand why Switzerland isn't on the list yet, despite having no mask mandate at all?

Originally Posted by KARFA
My experience is that crew clearly had a choice whether to wear them as well - and all the ones I saw had chosen not to wear a face covering. This was on a route on the list in the wiki where face coverings are no longer required.
Thanks, that makes me feel much better about my upcoming trip. Though I'm still consider cancelling unless BA comes up with a clear list of destinations where masks are and aren't required very soon.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by the810
By the way, does anyone understand why Switzerland isn't on the list yet, despite having no mask mandate at all?…
The mask requirement on public transport and in healthcare institutions is still in place.
aks120 and nk15 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:45 am

By the way, does anyone understand why Switzerland isn't on the list yet, despite having no mask mandate at all?

Though I'm still consider cancelling unless BA comes up with a clear list of destinations where masks are and aren't required very soon.
The "list" is found in the masks link quoted in the Wiki at the top of the page, as suggested by BA themselves.
It takes you to this page, where you can check the requirements yourself; BA COVID Entry Requirements

In the case of Switzerland it states (under Additional Information)
Travelers aged 12 years and older must wear masks on public transportation and in healthcare institutions.

Source

For full details and exemptions, see
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health
Updated on March 18, 2022

There is a link to correct the information if you believe it to be incorrect.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The mask requirement on public transport and in healthcare institutions is still in place.
You're right. I didn't notice it will only be removed from 1 April. My bad!
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I’m on the BsL flight shortly. I’ll report back.
CrazyLilBlondie likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
I’m on the BsL flight shortly. I’ll report back.
BSL will probably be treated as France rather than Switzerland. I believe masks aren't required at BSL (Euroairport) any more.
Woodbinerich likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:31 pm
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

Second time lucky…

Righto then. Second time lucky. After yesterday’s sh*tshow we seem to have made progress.

No masks required from LHR - BHD. No announcements regarding masks. No crew wearing masks. Proper normality, except I still can’t get a beer in ET because I haven’t pre-ordered… not sure how i’ll survive the next hour.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Speaking of crews and masks, what is the policy for crews on BA flights where masks aren't required for pax? Is crew able to be mask-free as well?

The rule on SK mainline is that crew can be mask-free on flights where there is no mask-mandate, while wet lease flights (Cityjet, X-Fly) require crews to wear masks even if passengers don't have to. Frankly, I don't feel comfortable with my money supporting worker exploitation so I would love to know what the BA policy is.
Agreed. It’s very “us and them” sometimes and it makes me uncomfortable. I always tell anyone providing me with a one to one service e.g. hairdresser or beautician that I am more than happy for them to be mask free. Sadly they have had the hard word put on them and were scared of fines. Recently they dropped them as soon as possible and I’m pleased to see their pleasant smiling faces again.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
BSL will probably be treated as France rather than Switzerland. I believe masks aren't required at BSL (Euroairport) any more.
total mess! Gate staff say no, crew say yes but don’t know why.
adrianlondon, LETTERBOY and the810 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by aks120
Face masks a definite on the Zurich flight today. Staff were wearing it, tannoy made it clear it was not optional etc. Sort of what I expected on my flight yesterday but didnt get.

Hey ho 0 I was happy as I wear a mask anyway - some on boarding had to be given one but no descenters that I could see.

aks120
Thank God, some sanity...I hope they keep it, as I have upcoming flights there....
the810 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Agreed. It’s very “us and them” sometimes and it makes me uncomfortable. I always tell anyone providing me with a one to one service e.g. hairdresser or beautician that I am more than happy for them to be mask free. Sadly they have had the hard word put on them and were scared of fines. Recently they dropped them as soon as possible and I’m pleased to see their pleasant smiling faces again.
Crew can be mask-free on routes wherever passengers are allowed to also.
So no crew injustice in this matter. Crew injustice is in the way BA comms basically messed up and then salt to the wound was social media team stating crew well tell you if masks are needed or not!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Speaking of crews and masks, what is the policy for crews on BA flights where masks aren't required for pax? Is crew able to be mask-free as well?

The rule on SK mainline is that crew can be mask-free on flights where there is no mask-mandate, while wet lease flights (Cityjet, X-Fly) require crews to wear masks even if passengers don't have to. Frankly, I don't feel comfortable with my money supporting worker exploitation so I would love to know what the BA policy is.
'Worker exploitation", lol, for wearing a mask to protect self and others, lol, unbelievable...
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
... passenger holding newspaper clipping...
That part actually was kinda cute...they should have let them on just for that....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.