Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 28, 22, 5:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: AirbusA350
Wiki Link
List of BA destinations where masks ARE mandatory

You will need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling to the following countries (as of 28th November 2022):
  • Grenada
  • Japan
  • Morocco
  • Seychelles
  • Spain
You will need to wear a mask on board if you are travelling from the following countries (as of 28th November 2022):
  • Grenada
  • Spain

More information will be found here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...irus/steps-123
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 18, 22, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board View Post
From what I can see the mask requirements have been removed from the following (so far).

Short Haul

ARN
BHD
BLL
BRU
BUD
CPH
GIB
GOT
KEF
MAN
NCL
OSL

Long Haul

ANU
KWI
MLE
NBO

I’ll try and update as and when 👍🏼
Oh i love you! So excited for my Male flight next week now!!
Welcome On Board likes this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by paulaf View Post
All Spanish airports should be added as the entry requirements on the link.on ba.com doesn't include air travel specifically unlike Italy say and there's lots of reports on trip advisor of people flying mask free to the Canary Islands so Spain obviously don't mandate them. That's good enough for me and I will be hopping mad if told otherwise.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
That may be your aspiration, but at the moment there is a requirement to wear a mask if 6 years old or older, on all public transport in Spain. Moreover Iberia has very clear statements to that effect on their website and a fairly tight set of exceptions.
I concur with CWS, if you think you will be able to go maskless on Iberia you're very much mistaken currently. If you want to be exempt you need a specific Dr Letter and a neg covid test before you can check in.

The actual text is : In line with the current regulations, the use of a surgical mask or one providing greater protection (without an exhalation valve), covering the nose and mouth, is compulsory for everyone aged six and over when boarding the plane and throughout the flight. If you are not wearing a mask, we will be obliged to deny you boarding.Passengers who cannot use the obligatory face mask for exceptional health reasons must contact the Iberia Medical Service. If this is your case, you must go to an Iberia desk at the airport and present the Iberia medical authorisation and the negative result of a PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before the departure of the flight, as well as any health tests and documents required by the local authorities at the destination

Spain has announced that the mask mandate will be dropped soon without giving an exact date, I am sure it will be just before or just after the Easter break
Old Mar 18, 22, 8:00 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
What is the point of your post? You weren't forced to board a plane, you had the choice to board the plane or take another method of transportation.

What a relief it was for the other masked passengers at the gate to know their flight wouldn't be delayed by a DYKWIA passenger holding newspaper clipping to board the plane without a mask. Keep on using the trains without your mask so you dont delay our flights, mkay 🤧

Originally Posted by GodAtum View Post
When I arrived at the airport this morning I was told at the gate masks where required. I showed the crew my newspaper clipping of the BA news. They were very rude about it and refused to let me board without a mask. I tried to explain the BA announcement about removal of the mask requirement but they just shrugged. As I choose not to wear a mask I could not board the flight so I took the train back to London instead.
ExpatExp, mpkz, nk15 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 8:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
What is the point of your post? You weren't forced to board a plane, you had the choice to board the plane or take another method of transportation ..
The point of that post was to demonstrate that BA did not follow the policy it had announced just a few hours earlier! That is the point of this topic, to discuss the experiences, practicalities and operation of the new mask policy. The topic is not for pro or anti-mask crusading.

We need a place where BA travellers can come to find up to date, reliable information on the new policy, GodAtum posted their relevant personal experience.
Old Mar 18, 22, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by BA6948 View Post
having to track each country’s mandate is going to be an absolute mess especially for those « angry » passengers who will lash out at poor cabin crews in case , God forbid, they are asked to put a mask on their faces for a few hours… I think this was premature from BA’s side as the « angry » ones are so out of control these days.
As I posted above, I do this as part of my job for my industry. It's not a messy long process, and if they have to track the testing and entry form requirements for each destination already, what is adding on the mask requirement to however they compile their database/information gaining.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 8:13 am

OTP and BDA added to the list of routes not requiring masks today.
Old Mar 18, 22, 8:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board View Post
OTP and BDA added to the list of routes not requiring masks today.
Thank you for the update. I have put the updated list at the top of the WIki for this thread so we can try to keep track of this. The BA worded policy is also there, thanks to Tobias-UK.
Old Mar 18, 22, 9:05 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Should LHR be added to the shorthaul list or would that just confuse people or do you have to wear a mask when travelling into LHR regardless?
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 9:06 am

Programs: SAS EBG / *A Gold, Radisson Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by BA6948 View Post
having to track each country’s mandate is going to be an absolute mess especially for those « angry » passengers who will lash out at poor cabin crews in case
That's why BA needs to provide a list. Publish it on the website, perhaps send an e-mail about masking status to passengers of each flight and problem is mostly solved.

Right now they tell people that masks aren't required where no such regulation exists, so people reasonably assume that's the case, but BA still keeps requiring masks on some of such routes. That can obviously only lead to conflicts on board.
LETTERBOY and CrazyLilBlondie like this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Are Jet2 pax to Spain wearing masks? If not, what is BA’s current rationale? There are connecting pax to all the destinations on the whitelist in the wiki
paulaf and CrazyLilBlondie like this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 9:24 am

I managed to make contact with Ports of Jersey this afternoon - their website page relating to JER stated that masks were required on all flights, which I suspect might have caused BA some confusion. Very impressively, they updated their site straight away. (https://www.jerseyairport.com/flysafe/). Now I just need to find a way to bring the update to BA's attention so JER can be added to their list of destinations where masks aren't compulsory...
Old Mar 18, 22, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by ENTP View Post
Are Jet2 pax to Spain wearing masks? If not, what is BA’s current rationale? There are connecting pax to all the destinations on the whitelist in the wiki
No they are not according to many reports on trip advisor!
the810 and CrazyLilBlondie like this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL)
Just to give an additional data point, I’m posting from the F cabin of a 777 heading from LHR to the US. It’s about 5 hours into the flight and I just stood up to look around the cabin. Of 13 passengers, two are wearing face coverings. The others are either watching TV, working or sleeping (to be clear, the crew are all wearing face coverings). Apart from the initial announcement re US federal law requiring face coverings to be worn at all times, there has been zero enforcement.
jimlad48, ExpatExp, the810 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 11:20 am

Programs: SAS EBG / *A Gold, Radisson Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Speaking of crews and masks, what is the policy for crews on BA flights where masks aren't required for pax? Is crew able to be mask-free as well?

The rule on SK mainline is that crew can be mask-free on flights where there is no mask-mandate, while wet lease flights (Cityjet, X-Fly) require crews to wear masks even if passengers don't have to. Frankly, I don't feel comfortable with my money supporting worker exploitation so I would love to know what the BA policy is.
Old Mar 18, 22, 11:22 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Face masks a definite on the Zurich flight today. Staff were wearing it, tannoy made it clear it was not optional etc. Sort of what I expected on my flight yesterday but didnt get.

Hey ho 0 I was happy as I wear a mask anyway - some on boarding had to be given one but no descenters that I could see.

aks120
nk15 likes this.

Search this Thread