Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Ah, OK. So is there any difference between band 4 and 5, then?
No i think it's the same food (which in fairness is currently not hugely different from cw main meal apart from the one cold mini option.
NickB likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by NickB
Ah, OK. So is there any difference between band 4 and 5, then?
Yes, the first part of the Band 5 service is crew patiently repeating "Yes, this is business class .... yes, I know they used to ... yes, I'm sorry..."
NickB, orbitmic, stifle and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
MAD-LHR 29th Sep 22. 12:10 departure

New menus?

Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:05 am

The pasta is rather large to be practical to eat in the confines of a short haul Airbus 😂 Rather a lot of tomato sauce too. Great big dollops of goats cheese. Death by cheese again on the tray, along with the cheese side
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:06 am

My verdict was the pasta wasnt really hot enough, and its the first time Ive eaten a BA choc dessert which had basically solidified into a gooey mess.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Love the new menu card. But, here we go again, the best of British cuisine and then the 2 main dishes are tikka masala and pasta
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I must admit I agree somewhat with your comments regarding the marketing spin on some of these things playing to a "best of British" sentiment. I am not a fan myself either.

However, tikka masala - which is the one dish which seems to be indicated as best of British - is very much a British dish and originated here.
Dan72, orbitmic, stifle and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bafan
Love the new menu card. But, here we go again, the best of British cuisine and then the 2 main dishes are tikka masala and pasta
Although clearly not what most people would generally think of when British food is mentioned, tikka masala was invented in Britain despite its Indian origins.
Sealink and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
My verdict was the pasta wasn’t really hot enough, and it’s the first time I’ve eaten a BA choc dessert which had basically solidified into a gooey mess.
I'm not a typical dessert eater, quite rare in fact but I tried the Do&Co dessert a few weeks ago and I have to say I was very surprised, it was enjoyable. Much to everyone else's surprise I don't particularly like chocolate (runs and hides!) The new menu looks nice.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:52 am

Delayed LHR-LYS this morning. Should have been a 1035 departure, but was gone 12. Thankfully had had a good top up of calories in the Qantas lounge which made up for the hour or more on the tarmac after pushing off. Mr Kath2049 had the beef salad, whilst I had the beetroot

It was a good portion for a salad and was tasty to boot.
TedToToe and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:07 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
The pasta is rather large to be practical to eat in the confines of a short haul Airbus 😂 Rather a lot of tomato sauce too. Great big dollops of goats cheese. Death by cheese again on the tray, along with the cheese side
Let me die. Pasta, tomatoes and dollops of cheese sound better then Chicken Tikka. That sounds as British as Crpes Suzette.
Above likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Dont want to go off topic, but I know quite a few Italians who would argue that overcooked pasta is very much a proud British concept. Whether best of or not might be subject to more discussion
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:06 am

There appears to be two versions of the choc dessert on the go, unless the band 1-2 ones above are tiramisu or crme brle. Our one from Madrid had quite simply warmed up too much, it needed to be slightly cooler as it was almost on the turn.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Band 2
Customer feedback indicates their preference is for hot meal options to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased tore-introduce hot lunch and dinner menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice.
I think I saw a tweet from a crew member suggesting that there were some band downgrades, and that it was still cold meals outside of lunch/dinner time - e.g. afternoon tea. Any idea? Might mean some existing band 2s losing out, or band 3s downgraded to cold meals at certain times of day
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Will the Band 2 warm meal commence once the winter timetable starts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.