Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
BA0754 LHR to Basel, 1505 today.
No menus but...

One third of a Ham sandwich
Salmon roll
Brie on rye bread

Plus optional scone and battenberg cake.

Roddas clotted cream is a nice touch with the scone.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Simonp27
Roddas clotted cream is a nice touch with the scone.
At least you got clotted cream! This was LHR-AMS earlier this week...:
Skyline, Sealink, TedToToe and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Tonight’s BA1495 from GLA

HIDDY and Sealink like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased to re-introduce hoand dinner Club Europe - Product Changes -

Band 2

Customer feedback indicates their preference is for hot meal options to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased tore-introduce hot lunch and dinner menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice.
Bands 4/5
Mid flight Club Kitchen basket pass.
menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice. 2 (e.g. BCN, LIN, NCE)- Customer feedback indicates their preference is for hot meal options to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased to re-introduce hot lunch and dinner menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice.
-Band 2 (e.g.

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 29, 2022 at 1:25 pm Reason: Remove colour tags to improve legibility
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
That is very good news IMO, CIHY. Thanks for sharing!
bafan and Ramos like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The Club Kitchen on Band 4 and 5 is welcome news, indeed. For me, on a night stopping breakfast service, it's 05:15 from the hotel with insufficient time to make use of the lounge. It will be akin to having elevenses!
bafan likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Ba 422 lhr - vlc

This was the Cod option. There were no menus. Champagne was served from big bottles thank God and was beautifully chilled. The starter looked and tasted like Tarmosalata. I liked it. The cod I would have called Bacalao as it was slightly smoked rather than bland as cod so often can be. There were three salad options and Mac and Cheese.

The crew were brilliant. Simply brilliant. Thy served the entire 9 row Club cabin with a bar service followed by dinner within one hour of departure. They were a super team and all in all made for a delightful flight.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Tonight’s BA1495 from GLA

Brilliant example of how to fill the empty gaps on the plate with random leaves (given the very small portions)
Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased to re-introduce hoand dinner Club Europe - Product Changes -

Band 2

Customer feedback indicates their preference is for hot meal options to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased tore-introduce hot lunch and dinner menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice.
Bands 4/5
menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice. 2 (e.g. BCN, LIN, NCE)- Customer feedback indicates their preference is for hot meal options to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased to re-introduce hot lunch and dinner menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice.
-Band 2 (e.g.
Yes ! Finally some good news…Will look forward to this on my LPA flights this winter…
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
BA1461 EDI-LHR 23/08/2022

Ok - breakfast shot. Basically breakfast is not my fave meal. I am fussy about eggs as I can only eat them when the yolk and white mixed together as in scrambled eggs or omelette. Separated form has me gagging!! I like my scrambled eggs to be freshly made with a bit of wet creamy finish. I’m that fussy!

Anyway - hats off to to whoever made this one because the scrambled egg was just perfect and I really enjoyed it.

dcmike, Sealink, ENTP and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The link in the wiki refers to the old four tier bands nomenclature. Is there a post somewhere with the current five tier banding system?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you

Band 2

Bands 4/5
menus. This will also provide additional options for customers, offering a third main course choice. 2 (e.g. BCN, LIN, NCE)- Customer feedback indicates their preference is for hot meal options to be served on band 2 sectors, and based on this, we are pleased to re-introduce hot lunch and dinner menus. This will also provide additional options for custmes, offering a third main course choice.
-Band 2 (e.g.
Indeed, and that is with immediate effect. I was on LHR-NCE today lunchtime and was shocked to see band 3 catering. I thought it might be a catering mistake, but the crew member told me that he had received information that it was a proper change which matches what CIHY reports here. He also mentioned that there was further improvement for LCA though did not specify what that was but now I see.

The LHR-NCE menu was chicken mushroom pie or vegetable korma.

I had pre-ordered the KSML and, perhaps Rosh Hashanah catering helping it was massive: a chicken breast starter had half a cold chicken breast sticking out of the pot alongside a mushroom and pea base and cherry tomatoes; the main was a mixture of roast salt beef and veal tongue. Now, you may think it's odd but it's in fact fairly traditional and I actually love veal tongue so was very happy. It was served in a sweet and sour sauce with sweet sauerkraut and tzimes (sweet carrots) and boiled potatoes. there was a second starter of hummus with melba toasts, and for once, the chocolate mousse and ganache dessert was actually excellent, and there was a little jar of honey - again, I suspect as a Rosh Hashanah special (lots of sweetness for the new year!).

It was a huge amount of food, I'd say over 150g of meat (2 biggish slices of each of the two meats). Now I was just off an ultra long haul 14 hour flight in CW with the regular menu (I often avoid SPML from outstations as they are often poor) and the contrast in terms of food portions was spectacular. The starter was "tomato mozzarella", the singular cherry tomato being accurate alongside a similarly singular mozzarella bocconcino. The main was beef fillet. "Mignon" would have been to the point as the meat portion was probably about 50-60 g at most, the diametre of a 50p coin more or less, with a few green beans, one small potato sliced and plenty of water in the dish. The "cheese platter" looked like the sort of thing a French little girl would probably serve when playing dolls. There was a "camembert" slice about the shape of a quarter of a babybel, and a bit of emmenthal differently shaped but no bigger. Finally the dessert was the equivalent of one of the AF mini-desserts (AF serve you three!) Say about the size of a Parisian macaroon.

The "full breakfast" the next morning was equally embarrassing in terms of quantity. The whole of its "fullness" being represented by the small tail part of a pancetta-thin sliced bit of bacon (you know that little fat bit which is short and narrow, in this case about 3in long and maybe 1/2 to 2/3 in wide and ultra thin). It came with scrambled eggs which whilst not real scrambled eggs were actually amongst the best I have had on BA (better than the usual F stuff too), a tiny potato cake (again that sort of 50p size) which was again good and two quarters of a small button mushroom (so half a small button mushroom I guess) and a small pot of yoghurt.

On balance, I would say that my CE KSML band 2 lunch was about twice more food than my ultra long CW dinner, and significantly more than all of the food I had on that flight, limited club kitchen included the regular CE lunch being somewhere in between.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 28, 2022 at 11:23 am
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
The link in the wiki refers to the old four tier bands nomenclature. Is there a post somewhere with the current five tier banding system?
I think band 5 refers to the former CW routes which have been switched to CE such as AMM and CAI.
NickB likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:54 am

Low Fat Special Meal

Another lovely and healthy Club Europe meal instead of the usual fat, sugar and salt loaded CE offering.

Couscous with lemon dressing and slow roasted tomatoes.
Vegetable crudités with smashed chickpeas.
Steamed cod with grilled vegetables.
Fruit yelly with fresh blueberries and low fat vanilla yoghurt on top.

Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think band 5 refers to the former CW routes which have been switched to CE such as AMM and CAI.
Ah, OK. So is there any difference between band 4 and 5, then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.