Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Lunch on CAG-LGW. Pretty tasty chicken dish!

There was only one menu on board, which was passed around by the crew.

Champagne ran out after the first round of drinks with only 8 people in CE.

Old Sep 13, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: Some
Tanqueray is gone in CE from LHR in my experience, hasn’t been loaded on last 10 or so CE flights. Still offered from LCY. Shame as Aviation is too sweet and Gordon’s is, well, Gordon’s.
HomeOrAway likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 1:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I believe it's a variation, on some flights it's the non-veg option, but with ours it was the veg alternative alongside the beef.
I am 50/50 on smoked salmon so was fine with taking the tofu alternative tbh.
Yes so same this evening from DUB. Options were the beef, and the vegetarian option was the tofu poke bowl. I find tofu a bit tasteless so went for the beef.

orbitmic and aks120 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes so same this evening from DUB. Options were the beef, and the vegetarian option was the tofu poke bowl. I find tofu a bit tasteless so went for the beef.
I don't mind the idea of the beef, it just looked really insubstantial. I find these 'rest of day' salad services pretty meagre unless you've had something to eat not long beforehand...
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Tanqueray is gone in CE from LHR in my experience, hasn’t been loaded on last 10 or so CE flights. Still offered from LCY. Shame as Aviation is too sweet and Gordon’s is, well, Gordon’s.
Nothing wrong with Gordon's, It may not be the world's finest but have always found it to be a solid all rounder. I seem to also recall it was a fav of the Queen and her mother.
Sealink and SxMan like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
I don't mind Gordon's. I think the stuff they have onboard is export strength so has a bit more of a punch than the normal one.
I find the Aviation gin with tonic not unpleasant as a drink, but to me it just doesn't taste like gin (as you say, it is quite sweet). This was the only option available on my last CE flight on Monday, no Gordon's even.
Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ringingup
Lunch on CAG-LGW. Pretty tasty chicken dish!

There was only one menu on board, which was passed around by the crew.

Champagne ran out after the first round of drinks with only 8 people in CE.

Yes I had this recently LPA - LGW. The chicken was a bit tough but overall quite tasty and filling.
Sealink and ringingup like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by volar
I find the Aviation gin with tonic not unpleasant as a drink, but to me it just doesn't taste like gin (as you say, it is quite sweet). This was the only option available on my last CE flight on Monday, no Gordon's even.
Aviation is a 'modern' / 'New Western' gin like, say, Hendricks, much less juniper heavy than London Dry and basically designed to appeal to people who normally drink vodka. I think I remember reading somewhere they consciously set out to create a gin and brand that appeals to people who don't normally like gin.

Aside from taste, my main issue with BA loading Aviation is that BA took one of the classic British gins (Tanqueray) and replaced it with a completely off-brand American one presumably because Diageo gave them a cheaper deal to promote it. British Airways indeed...
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Aviation is a 'modern' / 'New Western' gin like, say, Hendricks, much less juniper heavy than London Dry and basically designed to appeal to people who normally drink vodka. I think I remember reading somewhere they consciously set out to create a gin and brand that appeals to people who don't normally like gin.

Aside from taste, my main issue with BA loading Aviation is that BA took one of the classic British gins (Tanqueray) and replaced it with a completely off-brand American one presumably because Diageo gave them a cheaper deal to promote it. British Airways indeed...
Well, here's something worse:

Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:55 pm

Hindu SPML

Finally got round to trying the Hindu SPML earlier this week on the lunchtime shuttle up to EDI.

Was very impressed and would definitely order this again. Not quite sure what the starter was but it was tasty.

Dessert was rice pudding.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by champignon
Well, here's something worse:
It’ OT but that’s a very easy comment to make.

In reality I doubt many would buy / be given a British-made BA bear at several multiples the unit cost.
bafan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:55 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
On my return SOF-LHR 15 Sep I had the choice of Thai Prawn Curry or the Pasta. I went somewhat reluctantly with the Curry as I a,pm not a fan of spicy hot food which burns my mouth. However it had the flavour without the heat. I enjoyed it. The starter was pleasant and the cheese was delicious. The desert I could take or leave.

Thé Champagne flowed. There had been 8 full bottles loaded in London. I don’t know which gin was served as I didn’t have any.
Sealink, TedToToe and jj_lgkr like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
Live from AGP > LHR

Veg Korma, Aviation Gin (no Tanqueray), Delicious Do&Co crémeux
Carfield, dddc, Sealink and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:11 pm

LHR to STR

I had the veggie option - seemed like mini sweetcorn, quinoa and feta with some seeds on top. Not sure what it was any more than that, but it is was quite tasty nevertheless. Pudding had a vague coffee flavouring.
The other option was a coronation chicken salad that was posted further up the thread.
No Tanqueray

dddc and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Joining this Thread in anticipation of our first long-haul CE, LHR-HER (Crete), next month! Four hours of tedium in 1A/C with only our Kindles to sustain us!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.