Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
If I were in a restaurant that received all the meals pre-plated and the heating took place on the plate that you were going to serve the customer - I would leave. I am not. I am at 30,000+ and being served in an area probably smaller than your downstairs cloakroom. We could of course mention the dessert in a plastic pot. If you are hungry, really hungry, you concern yourself with what is on the plate and how it tastes rather than the aesthetics of the presentation
I don't think even a galley the size of a shoebox on the dark side of the moon would do any worse with potatoes au gratin ("slices of boiled potato, topped with cheese and grilled to a golden brown") than "flavourless off-white brown-rimmed watery slop".

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jul 19, 2022 at 10:45 am
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I don't think even a galley the size of a shoebox on the dark side of the moon would do any worse with potatoes au gratin ("slices of boiled potato, topped with cheese and grilled to a golden brown") than "flavourless off-white brown-rimmed watery slop".
Such poetry! Now it so happens that in strict culinary terms you are incorrect. You do not need cheese to make anything Au Gratin. How you brown anything when it is covered in an oven is beyond me. Now to deal with your adjectives individually - Flavourless - subjective I'm fine with it and I am more Tante Marie than Nigella Bella. Off-white - I agree but then so are potatoes. Brown Rimmed - probably having co-habited with the cow cheeks. Watery slop - mine wasn't. You have your recollections and I have mine. Perhaps I have more luck gastronomically than you. Maybe we should have dinner together aloft? I won't tell my husband and would not dream of letting those gossips at FlyerTalk know.

Seriously - cold meals are not always welcome but often they work better than these dishes as those ovens wreak havoc on these meals. I would love for them to institute pre-ordering a la AA - but since they are incapable of that even on Long Haul I'm whistling into the wind.
Sealink and 81romeo like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-ARN Wed 20/07
Prawn salad (-ish) - Mrs CKBA liked it.

Beef cheeks... tasty. Yes, presentation may not be 100% - but fine by me (after all, once eaten presentation is nothing!). Only real issue is that if the tray was 50% larger it would look better overall.
chrism20 and Sealink like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
No menus on today’s BA689 from IST.
Got 2 mains tho - great crew!

chrism20, Sealink, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Forgot to mention - got 2 mains and 1 leg 😂😂

Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo
No menus on today’s BA689 from IST.
On Wednesday's BA689 we had menus given out. I too had the Thai prawn curry, which I find very tasty.

chrism20, Sealink and 81romeo like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:16 pm

Why do people do this?!

Someone did this on my last trip as well.
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by becks1
Why do people do this?!

Someone did this on my last trip as well.
It's still a mistery to me - however if I was sitting in 1F things would have gone in a different way for sure

Last edited by 81romeo; Aug 1, 2022 at 5:46 am
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
It's still a mistery to me - however it I was sitting in 1F things would have gone in a different way for sure
Absolutely awful behaviour. I can't stand people who take over another seat.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Sealink
Absolutely awful behaviour. I can't stand people who take over another seat.
To be honest upon boarding completed I thought the couple would move into 1DF - they didn't but the wife decided to stretch her leg instead
Sealink likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold

Classy!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
At least she is wearing a sock. I hope she put on shoes when going to the loo!
mrow and 81romeo like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:55 am

Any sign of the mugs returning, or are we still getting tea and coffee out of small paper cups?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:35 am

Still small paper cups... .
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:38 am

Prawn curry on ARN-LHR (marketed as 'beef or curry'). No menus.
Sealink and 81romeo like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.