Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
LGW-HER 4/7/22

Beef - not too bad - slow-cooked texture.

HER-LGW 10/7/22
No menus given out, other options were salmon salad and truffle mac and cheese.
Very good main. Cheese - even waxed nowadays!

Plenty of alcohol offered on both legs, including pre-meal, during and post.

Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum

I’ve finally had the poke bowl and must say I’m impressed. The starter (no idea what it was!) felt a bit out of place but was very good too! It really felt like a mini three course meal, and that on a short 45 minute sector 👍
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:35 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I am aware that food photography is an art but I am thankful to God that I was served none of those horrors. I think that Beef with what is basically semolina pudding or a Risotto (as it calls itself) - it's probably more like a savoury rice pudding made with Cauliflower is seriously vile cheap and revolting, Sticky Toffee pudding belongs in some cheap and nasty third rate preparatory school. I thought that they were improving the menus.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by danmushman
Plenty of alcohol offered on both legs, including pre-meal, during and post.
This perplexes me a little. Why do some CE flights hand out the small champage bottles and others carry the big bottles and offer (limited top-ups)? My view is the little bottles are better as they are quicker to hand to the customer to open! The last 3 CE flights I've been on have been the big champagne bottles and trolley service.
Grande Annee and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by chriswiles
This perplexes me a little. Why do some CE flights hand out the small champage bottles and others carry the big bottles and offer (limited top-ups)? My view is the little bottles are better as they are quicker to hand to the customer to open! The last 3 CE flights I've been on have been the big champagne bottles and trolley service.
Depends on the Band (length of the the flight). Personally I prefer mini bottles too.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo
Depends on the Band (length of the the flight). Personally I prefer mini bottles too.
Which tiers do you get the smaller bottles? I was in tier-3 and it was opened champagne (quickly losing it's fizz) on a trolley.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krispy84
I feel rather dirty admitting this, but that ham and cheese croissant looks rather tasty. Perfect for a hangover ….. 😁
Haha, it wasn't too bad actually. I think this must be the Newrest version of the croissant, it is different to the Do&Co croissants we had for LHR flights before.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Which tiers do you get the smaller bottles? I was in tier-3 and it was opened champagne (quickly losing it's fizz) on a trolley.
I think (but don't quote me) mini bottles are only given on Band 1 and 2.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by 81romeo
I think (but don't quote me) mini bottles are only given on Band 1 and 2.
I think it’s a bit more prosaic than that, and loading tends to vary based on whatever is available that day. I’ve done 2 shortish France flights this month that both had full size bottles. Crew were *very* proactive with topups though, it would have been impossible for anyone to think they hadn’t received enough.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think Band 1 is always mini bottles, bands 3 and above are always big bottles, and band 2 seems to vary.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:12 pm

above flight was HER - band 4 (but from LGW)
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Exec - BA GGL/CCR, UA Premier Platinum
I'm very impressed with this one too, no hesitation from me when its offered on board
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
I think Band 1 is always mini bottles, bands 3 and above are always big bottles, and band 2 seems to vary.
Got it. Makes sense. I was on band 3. Prefer they just hand the little ones out. Quicker, too, as they can hand out two!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC
AGP to LGW BA2797 (Operated by IB Express)

Smoked Salmon and Waldorf salad
Sealink likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:20 am

BA2733 ACE-LGW

Absolutely delicious curry.

Crew are Heathrow based, first time they've worked from Gatwick and they remarked that the catering is much improved over what they normally see, even the crew meals.

Champagne plentiful and in small bottles.

Lots of people requesting Baileys but only 4 were loaded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.