Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
bit disappointing yesterday LGW-Catania. the mains were chicken tikka, mac n cheese or the salmon waldorf salad which looked pretty small.

that said, the mac n cheese with truffle and mushroom was short on truffle oil but the mushrooms were really done well and once i mixed it up a bit it was really quite lovely.

meanwhile the lemon pot continues to just taste of chemicals--i love all lemon desserts but these pots are just very odd tasting!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
bit disappointing yesterday LGW-Catania. the mains were chicken tikka, mac n cheese or the salmon waldorf salad which looked pretty small.

that said, the mac n cheese with truffle and mushroom was short on truffle oil but the mushrooms were really done well and once i mixed it up a bit it was really quite lovely.

meanwhile the lemon pot continues to just taste of chemicals--i love all lemon desserts but these pots are just very odd tasting!
Ironic you should say the dessert is chemical, when really it is the truffle oil which is made from chemicals.

I stay well clear of truffle oil...
VSLover and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by VSLover

It looks a bit dry to me. Hopefully there was some cheese sauce hiding there somewhere…
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Vegetarian poke bowl coming back from AMS today. Tofu tastes of nothing!

Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman
No divider fitted on the 32N though, which meant there was almost always a queue for the front loo, which I think frustrated the cabin crew trying to do their job with folk getting in their way a lot.
Word has it none of the 32N's due for delivery will have dividers fitted so get ready for more of the same.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gw76
One more prawn and I might have been slightly fuller.
Come on, be reasonable here. BA have a business to run and you are asking for a 33% portion increase??!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
It looks a bit dry to me. Hopefully there was some cheese sauce hiding there somewhere…
agreed and my seat neighbor gave his back for that exact reason, but the sauce was on the bottom so once mixed about, quite delish and plenty of cheesy sauce but done well.
bafan likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Ironic you should say the dessert is chemical, when really it is the truffle oil which is made from chemicals.

I stay well clear of truffle oil...
so do BA! haha, yes i get your point but the way the dessert just hits my tongue is all wrong and im not fussy at all about these things!
dodgeflyer and Sealink like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Word has it none of the 32N's due for delivery will have dividers fitted so get ready for more of the same.
Is that because they’re not compatible with the new larger ‘Airspace’ overhead lockers, or some other reason? Bit of a shame, if true.
bafan likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
We saw this on a 32N flight the other day, hadn't noticed this before. Is it all the 32N's? Does make sense, we thought the queue for the forward toilet was constant.

My main gripe was not being given menus on the way back, despite spotting one of the crew reading from it so they knew that the dishes were. No idea what the weird green starter was but it had quinoa!

Last edited by jbee36; Jun 15, 2022 at 2:20 pm Reason: missed a bit!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by volar
Is that because they’re not compatible with the new larger ‘Airspace’ overhead lockers, or some other reason? Bit of a shame, if true.
All we have been told is that the dividers have been removed from the aircraft with the XL bins due to 'issues' and a fix is in the pipeline with no estimate of when.
1Aturnleft, gw76, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:03 pm

Yes so it’s some neos not all. Basically the ones with the newest overhead lockers.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:15 am

Dinner on yesterday evenings very delayed flight to
MAN

Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
First time fying CE on BA for a while. CDG-LHR on June 14, and was lovely for such a short flight. I wish UA had meals like this...

Onion Bhaji Naan Wrap
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes so it’s some neos not all. Basically the ones with the newest overhead lockers.
To be fair, those newer/larger lockers are excellent. I was able to fit a reasonably full backpack on top of a cabin size suitcase. (We were in row 1, so no underseat stowage)

It was however a little bit "Come fly with me" at one point looking back and the only thing to signify the club cabin was the fabric headrest though!

Edit- found the link:
Bah- that should have started part way in; ignore me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.