Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old May 25, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Originally Posted by KARFA
well I will try and take better photos next time - or perhaps you can add some to the thread next time you are in club?
Challenge accepted!
KARFA and LCSinTexas like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:30 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
CE Bands and food listings

Not sure if it is me…. but I cannot seem to find the thread on what the bands are and what food is in CE. I have looked (though SWMBO might say i have only had a man look).

There used to be one with all the bands in it and what you get in each band. Now, all I can find is people’s photos and comments on what they got, but not the actual listing of bands themselves.

Is this me or is there a glitch?

BA or bust

PS Needed for my first trip on BA in nearly two years next week! That is followed by some more SH and LH over the coming months, so I want to get back into the swing of things. AKA do I need to bring some food of my own in case the current offerings are not substantial enough!
Old May 25, 2022, 1:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Not sure if it is me…. but I cannot seem to find the thread on what the bands are and what food is in CE. I have looked (though SWMBO might say i have only had a man look).

There used to be one with all the bands in it and what you get in each band. Now, all I can find is people’s photos and comments on what they got, but not the actual listing of bands themselves.

Is this me or is there a glitch?

BA or bust
see the link in the wiki
Old May 25, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by KARFA
see the link in the wiki
OK, thanks KARFA. I can see what my problem was now. I was looking in the BA Forum Dashboard where clicking on the CE food picture takes you straight to the latest posts with photos. The link itself does not take you to the list of bands etc. That you have to find by going up to the top. That is what confused me.

BA or bust

PS Then again maybe SWMBO would have been right, it was probably a man look!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 4:03 am

Just back from Naples which is Band 3 food.

Going out at 14.10 (in reality 15.10 due to a delay) we had the hot meal choice which was blue cheese mac’n’cheese, roast cod or a salad.

Cod

Mac’n’cheese

Coming back at 9.35 was English breakfast or butternut squash omelette. We all had the breakfast but my husband said the person in the window seat in his row had the omelette and it looked awful and the passenger only ate a few bites.

Full English
adrianlondon and bafan like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Band 2:
VIE-LHR 24 May 2022 - Breakfast (07:15 flight)

Overall it was good - but somewhat squashed into the space (maybe reflecting the general downsizing of CE space!).

LHR-VIE 24 May 2022 - 'dinner' (19:15 flight) - Coronation chicken - somewhat small, dessert was good.
adrianlondon, Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
BA886 LHR-OTP 25/05:

Old May 26, 2022, 8:13 am

Bit of confusion on the run back to EDI.

Initially told no SPML loaded so took the poke bowl. Then to be asked 1m later as I was shoving the first forkful into my mouth if I had ordered an SPML.

So no Hindu meal for me this time.

Poke bowl was nice although I reckon one large salmon would be enough to cover every sector that afternoon going by how much of it was on the plate.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
BA887 OTP-LHR, 26/05:

Old May 26, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Salmon poke or Goats cheese and beetroot salad on this evening's LHR-LYS.

Skeptical about the poke bowl but went for it and pretty much blown away by how fresh and tasty it was. Kind of thing I'd love as an office lunch to be honest!

Won't disagree that I think my portion was a little more generous than upthread.

One of the rare BA flights where they nailed it. Fantastic crew, around 3 rounds of drinks and extras to sneak home too. I love BA when they're like this...
Old May 26, 2022, 10:13 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador

How can I be more than 48 hours out and get this? Surely they could mend an oven or load properly with these lead in times. On BA2345 EDI-FLR
Old May 26, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by sydtogla
How can I be more than 48 hours out and get this? Surely they could mend an oven or load properly with these lead in times. On BA2345 EDI-FLR
It’s sub-optimal but I think BA should be given a small thumbs up for letting you know in advance, particularly with the voucher being offered. Stuff happens, it’s the reaction to it that counts IMHO.
Old May 27, 2022, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by krispy84
It’s sub-optimal but I think BA should be given a small thumbs up for letting you know in advance, particularly with the voucher being offered. Stuff happens, it’s the reaction to it that counts IMHO.
Quite a few airlines seem to be having issues with their catering suppliers in the UK, particularly for catering that would be loaded other than in London. This affected flight would have to load catering in Edinburgh as they couldn't fit enough trolleys on board to supply LCY-EDI, EDI-FLR, FLR-EDI and finally EDI-LCY. Precisely why the supply of fresh meals/sandwiches at non-London airports to planes has become so difficult I don't know. Easyjet seem not to be able to get supplies even at LGW, though BA can.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 1:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Is this only a food issue or will it impact the champagne? That's what I'm really asking about here.
BA or bust likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 1:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Is this only a food issue or will it impact the champagne? That's what I'm really asking about here.
The text message only referenced food so I’d expect the bars are unaffected.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.