Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old May 17, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Accor Platinum
JER - LHR Sunday 15th May
Cajun Chicken Panini
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Lapchien
Cajun Chicken Panini
Oh no the panini is back?! And this time half of it?!
bafan, florens and jfallesen like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Looking at that tray it suggests to me that the aircraft night stopped in JER.
Perhaps the reason for something hot?
Old May 17, 2022, 10:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Very odd. I dont think there is a night stopper that does a post breakfast flight back either. Certainly didnt see those last Friday.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Confus
Its not the crews job to put cheese on a tray, it should come ready-placed by the caterers. If its not then the crew dont have anywhere to take it from.
Well , they appeared with many ramekins filled with cheese after I questioned where it was and started to distribute them...
Old May 17, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
Originally Posted by abraxias
Buttermilk chicken, rosemary brochette, sweetcorn mousseline, sauteed courgette.
That sounds about right, werent given menus were just told one of the choices was chicken
Old May 17, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Because nothing says JER-LHR like a Cajun chicken Panini
bafan, allturnleft and 86BA7 like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Lapchien
Cajun Chicken Panini
Even a mini can of pop looks huge so that is truly lilliputian.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Accor Platinum
Re. JER - LHR, it was the 12.05, the aircraft was there since the evening before. The Panini was hot and it was quite tasty. Surprised to see the chocolate bar on the tray.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
LHR to Malaga 18th May 18:45

Had to google compressed cucumber....

Went for the Cod.

Oh, and no Tanquary Gin again. Third flight this week , only getting offered Aviation Gin atm.

Last edited by sunshinebob; May 18, 2022 at 4:31 pm
Old May 18, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Poached eggs on LHR-DUB on Saturday 14th.

I have always been a big fan of poached eggs instead of any kind of "scrambled egg" (aka egg slop) on flights.

I was fourth to be served and every single one of us took the poached egg option over the full English. That was also because the crew member did the spiel they're taught to get rid of certain dishes - "a wonderful dish of lightly poached eggs with Spinach on ratatouille or a full English".

Anyway, I personally will take poached eggs over any other eggs at breakfast on a flight, so it was a win!
Old May 18, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by sunshinebob

OMG what is it about claiming things are compressed when they are clearly not! Not that they ever needed compressing in the first place, just don't say it if you're not doing it.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
LGW-PMI, 20 May 2022
18:10 departure
8 rows of CE, bread ran out by row 4, crew apologised that not enough had been loaded (seems like they didnt want to take from the return sector stock)

Choice of butternut squash salad or ploughmans

Here is the ploughmans

Wasnt particularly appetising - not because of quality, but because for this flight time and length a hot meal would have been really welcome. Passengers behind me complained about lack of hot food. Shame PMI is band 2 when IBZ is band 3.

ajamieson and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
DUB - LHR 0910 departure 20 May 22

Choice of full English or butternut squash and kale omelette (apologies no photos). I went for the omelette, rather tasty, although the squash was a bit watery. Served with 3 roasted cherry tomatoes, which gave a nice sauce to the dish.

Offered bread or croissant, the bread was an olive roll. Didnt really go with the strawberry jam .

Coffee still in paper cups. Only 3 rows of CE, service was quick and efficient.
Old May 20, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob

Went for the Cod.

Oh, and no Tanquary Gin again. Third flight this week , only getting offered Aviation Gin atm.
Mine looked a little less lovingly prepared today! The beetroot starter is perhaps one of the oddest things I've had on a tray, I couldn't pick a single thing it tasted of. The Cod however, my first time having fish onboard, was delicious!
Tobias-UK likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.