Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Old May 7, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
Afternoon tea on the BA701 VIE-LHR this afternoon, the PA enjoyed his bottle of water and crisps.

C_Smith likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by krispy84
As opposed to dark and sweet? 😁
Reader, I married him.
steveholt and krispy84 like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by krispy84
Campari spritz 👍👍👍 Aperol is usually too sweet for me when the Prosecco is taken into account. Apologies to darling PUCCI, but I love the bitters drinking culture in Italy. I come back from a week in Tuscany or Emilia-Romagna with v different drink preferences.
Angel - there are no apologies needed. You like them. I don't. It's as easy as that.

To bring the thread back to some semblance of continuity - I really do think that the bars are getting terrible prosaic. I think that there should be much more choice in what calls itself a premium cabin. Do they sell a lot of alcoholic drinks in ET - I have not been there in years so I really have no idea what happens the other side of that curtain.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
To bring the thread back to some semblance of continuity - I really do think that the bars are getting terrible prosaic. I think that there should be much more choice in what calls itself a premium cabin. Do they sell a lot of alcoholic drinks in ET - I have not been there in years so I really have no idea what happens the other side of that curtain.
Yes the CE bars could definitely do with interesting options, to spice up the current boring offer. Havent a clue regarding ET but would be curious to know how BA sales compare with EasyJet and Ryanair etc.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Ive posted some Muslim meals upthread.

Sometimes you get a veg meal and sometimes a halal chicken or Turkey meal in CE.
Thanks, might give them a go for a change.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Todays LHR to Malaga evening menu

I had the Beef and SWMBO had the veggie and both were pretty tasty.

Sealink and rockflyertalk like this.

Last edited by sunshinebob; May 8, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Old May 8, 2022, 1:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Kosher afternoon tea to MAN. Unusually the scone was on a separate tray - I am sure when I have previously had it, the scone was included on the main tray. Also heating instructions for the scone but it wasn’t heated.

adrianlondon and Mike Gold like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: AA PLT
Truly awful CE service on yesterdays afternoon flight from Oslo. Afternoon tea and drinks were served (served being a generous phrase here - my wife preferred 'thrown at us') from the same trolley moments after take off. Meal was simply described as, "meat or veg?" Entire tray was served with all of the plastic toppers still on. Champagne was poured just according to however the FA could be bothered to do it - I got a full glass, my wife got a half. We were practically chased to finish eating - they started collecting empty trays not even five minutes after serving them, and came around every couple of minutes after that to check if you'd finished. It felt really awkward. After trays were collected, none of the FAs were seen for the rest of the flight. Glasses stayed empty and stayed on the tables - in fact my empty glass was still on the centre table when we touched down!

What the FAs did excel at however, was closing the curtain to the galley and laughing/giggling/talking very loudly about fellow staff members. So loud in fact that we, seated at the back of CE, could hear quite clearly every review they gave about their colleagues. Really, really unprofessional, and a complaint will be going in.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That’s sounds appalling and unacceptable, please feed that back to BA.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by lon_flyer
Truly awful CE service on yesterdays afternoon flight from Oslo. Afternoon tea and drinks were served (served being a generous phrase here - my wife preferred 'thrown at us') from the same trolley moments after take off. Meal was simply described as, "meat or veg?" Entire tray was served with all of the plastic toppers still on. Champagne was poured just according to however the FA could be bothered to do it - I got a full glass, my wife got a half. We were practically chased to finish eating - they started collecting empty trays not even five minutes after serving them, and came around every couple of minutes after that to check if you'd finished. It felt really awkward. After trays were collected, none of the FAs were seen for the rest of the flight. Glasses stayed empty and stayed on the tables - in fact my empty glass was still on the centre table when we touched down!

What the FAs did excel at however, was closing the curtain to the galley and laughing/giggling/talking very loudly about fellow staff members. So loud in fact that we, seated at the back of CE, could hear quite clearly every review they gave about their colleagues. Really, really unprofessional, and a complaint will be going in.
That is totally unacceptable - I would have confronted them in their lair and sorted their nonsense out. Was one of them an older man with silver hair by any chance?

Complain long and hard to BA with every detail. I'd have had all their names pronto. God knows with all these cancellations and fares to match they'd have had the broad side of my wicked tongue.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Was one of them an older man with silver hair by any chance?
Two younger members of staff - mid-20s I would guess. One male, one female.

It's a shame as the crew on the outbound were absolutely fantastic - the polar opposite. Orders taken at each seat in turn, personal greetings, no trolley in sight. We were plied with so much alcohol that I'm not actually sure how we made it through the airport; it seemed like they were challenging themselves to clear the bar before landing!
Old May 9, 2022, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by lon_flyer
Two younger members of staff - mid-20s I would guess. One male, one female.

It's a shame as the crew on the outbound were absolutely fantastic - the polar opposite. Orders taken at each seat in turn, personal greetings, no trolley in sight. We were plied with so much alcohol that I'm not actually sure how we made it through the airport; it seemed like they were challenging themselves to clear the bar before landing!
That sort of conduct may very well wash at Ryanair - although I have never witnessed such obvious rudeness it has to be said - but BA are fighting to stand still and frankly they'd do better to call out Finnair and put the likes of them at the door.
lon_flyer likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:33 am

Apologies if the information is in this thread, but I couldn't find it and would appreciate your help.

Will be on a return Germany-LHR-Germany later this week (so band 1). Flight to LHR is in the evening, dinner, no problem. But the flight back from LHR is during the "afternoon tea" period and I was wondering whether there is a chance to avoid sandwiches or scones, and get something savoury and not bread-based instead? Maybe by ordering a special meal?

Thank you!
Old May 9, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by plaintalk
Apologies if the information is in this thread, but I couldn't find it and would appreciate your help.

Will be on a return Germany-LHR-Germany later this week (so band 1). Flight to LHR is in the evening, dinner, no problem. But the flight back from LHR is during the "afternoon tea" period and I was wondering whether there is a chance to avoid sandwiches or scones, and get something savoury and not bread-based instead? Maybe by ordering a special meal?

Thank you!
GF meal, no bread there
plaintalk likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
GF meal, no bread there
Thank you! Any idea what a GF meal on BA looks like?

Had a similar thought, but recently ordered a GF meal on a LH-group flight to avoid the bread and ended up getting a sandwich on a terrible GF bread roll.

Last edited by plaintalk; May 9, 2022 at 10:20 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.