Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BA might be trying to use up their stock of the olive bread rolls as that was all they offered prior to the change.
Genius1 and GOTBound like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
TFS - LHR yesterday. I had the cold beef with potato salad and some green stuff (beef was tender and tasty). Alternative was prawn curry or pasta. 14 rows of CE and the service was very good.

As a matter of interest does anyone know what the starter was (top left corner). Had one mouthful of the white blob and it was awful (although the pax next to me demolished theirs in record time).

It was mozzarella on a tomato pesto/tapenade, with an artichoke heart and if I recall correctly (from yesterday) an olive and a caper. I really liked it.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

Dinner beneath the foil
I flew up from Athens yesterday. The crew were lovely. They had nightstopped and had one more sector to do (LHR-HAM).

Tanqueray Gin is gone. It is Aviator Gin. Him Indoors likes it, I’m not keen. I suppose that it’s cheap or why else would BA and AA serve it? The Champagne was in big bottles and there was plenty for everybody.

Lunch started with the artichoke heart which I love. I rejoiced that they were serving Buffalo Mozzarella which I love This was served with a Tomato compote. We both loved it. Under the foil was the Prawn Curry. I’m always put off by curry as I do not like hot spices. Curry was always the choice of fat beery old men who used to stagger into The Himalayan Palace and eat any old thing as long as they could go on drinking.

It was simply delicious. I could have eaten two. . The sauce was mild and creamy and really quite filling. The cheese was upper-class mousetrap but tasty and most welcome back on the tray. The desert I swapped with HI as he prefers chocolate to cheese as his trousers will testify. I think that the Primitivo has improved beyond recognition and went down most pleasantly with the cheese.

All in all we are back to pre-covid food which is meant for grown ups. Matron has been sent off to Long Haul for the time being. She will he sorely unmissed.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:31 am

Lunch en route to Athens

Most of the drinks news is above. As the flight was on its first sector the Champagne in big bottles was beautifully Chilled. The starter was so good that I do not remember it. I had the Beef Cheeks. They were divine. I enjoyed every fork full. It is comfort food par excellence and the Primitivo was a perfect accompaniment. This was my first flight post March 15th and I was delighted to see the cheese back. I always swap my desert for his Lordship’s Cheese. I am addicted to the food.

I decided to have a Cognac after lunch. There was one only on the aircraft and as I was in 1C I think that I would have espied if any others had been served prior to mine. I saw Baileys being served (two bottles at least) but I find it too Sickly sweet and creamy for my taste. I always associate the stuff with Maiden Aunts who might have had pre prandial sweet sherry or if they felt daring, a Snowball. I am an Aunt, but I do not qualify beyond.

Athens being a Band 4 there were blankets and pillows, but the magazines have gone along with the hot towels. There were menu cards however. The crew were eager, efficient and fun.
Genius1, Sealink, bafan and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
It was mozzarella on a tomato pesto/tapenade, with an artichoke heart and if I recall correctly (from yesterday) an olive and a caper. I really liked it.
OK. so I accept I'm in a minority of one here.

If we ever end up on the same flight how about swapsies, my starter for your dessert (or even the cheese and biscuits)?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Tanqueray Gin is gone. It is Aviator Gin. Him Indoors likes it, I’m not keen. I suppose that it’s cheap or why else would BA and AA serve it? The Champagne was in big bottles and there was plenty for everybody.
Was the Tanqueray really gone, Pucci? It was still listed on the bar menu on our flights to and from Malta, along with Aviation and Gordon's. However Aviation seemed to be the default offered - I asked for a G&T, intending to specify Aviation so I could (re*)try it, but the crew member was off like a shot to get it so I didn't have time to say and he brought that one nevertheless.

* I'd had it before and vaguely recalled I was not too keen so thought a freebie in the air would be a good chance to refresh my memory. Indeed I didn't like it - too much of a taste of vanilla. I'll be requesting Tanqueray next time.

Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
OK. so I accept I'm in a minority of one here.

If we ever end up on the same flight how about swapsies, my starter for your dessert (or even the cheese and biscuits)?
It's a deal, you can have my pudding! (Nothing wrong with it, would just rather use my calories on champagne.)
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Tanqueray Gin is gone. It is Aviator Gin. Him Indoors likes it, I’m not keen. I suppose that it’s cheap or why else would BA and AA serve it?...
Aviation has had some quite positive reviews, I prefer the Tanq too, but quite a few regulars I know actually prefer the Aviation. In the UK it’s actually about £10 a bottle more expensive than Tanqueray.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Was the Tanqueray really gone, Pucci? It was still listed on the bar menu on our flights to and from Malta, along with Aviation and Gordon's. However Aviation seemed to be the default offered - I asked for a G&T, intending to specify Aviation so I could (re*)try it, but the crew member was off like a shot to get it so I didn't have time to say and he brought that one nevertheless.

* I'd had it before and vaguely recalled I was not too keen so thought a freebie in the air would be a good chance to refresh my memory. Indeed I didn't like it - too much of a taste of vanilla. I'll be requesting Tanqueray next time.
That’s what they said Honey. There wasn’t a single bottle on the outbound and Him Indoors was in 1A so he’d have been given it had there been any.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Aviation has had some quite positive reviews, I prefer the Tanq too, but quite a few regulars I know actually prefer the Aviation. In the UK it’s actually about £10 a bottle more expensive than Tanqueray.
Taste is by its very nature, subjective. I may get used to it. For years I would never drink Beefeater and Him Indoors prefers it to Bombay Sapphire. I’ve come round and it’s the house gin chez Pucci. However, if Bombay is on special in Duty Free then home it comes.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:02 pm

That’s what they said Honey. There wasn’t a single bottle on the outbound and Him Indoors was in 1A so he’d have been given it had there been any.
Ah, that's a shame. Fingers crossed the Tanqueray will be loaded in future to match the menu, but maybe that's why my chap didn't wait to ask which one I'd like.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Is 'Him' one of those 'fat beery old men who used to stagger into The Himalayan Palace and eat any old thing as long as they could go on drinking.' you wax so lyrically about?
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by flipper118
Is 'Him' one of those 'fat beery old men who used to stagger into The Himalayan Palace and eat any old thing as long as they could go on drinking.' you wax so lyrically about?
Silly Boy, I'd never never have married him in the first place and would have dumped him had he metamorphised into one.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Tonight’s BA1495 GLA-LHR has no catering loaded for Club so vouchers being given to spend in terminal …
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Tonight’s BA1495 GLA-LHR has no catering loaded for Club so vouchers being given to spend in terminal …
Do they not even have the bars? That is bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.