Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What Is The Matter With This Once Proud Airline??

What Is The Matter With This Once Proud Airline??

Old Mar 24, 22, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stevie View Post
Nothing at all weird or creepy about you searching back 9 years of posts of mine. Actually I find it very sad somebody would waste their time at this.
My missus would agree.
Old Mar 24, 22, 12:58 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Nothing at all weird or creepy about you searching back 9 years of posts of mine. Actually I find it very sad somebody would waste their time at this.

If you read my previous posts I have broken the habit of 20 odd years and now fly with airlines based upon quality, price, and time table. I no longer am tied to FFP and the fact that a GUF2 extension being refused just confirms this.

Now I hope I have explained myself and will leave you reminisce about days gone by. All the best.
Yes , but you haven’t actually answered his question.
Old Mar 24, 22, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Sucks to be caught out, doesn't it?
HIDDY and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Mar 25, 22, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For what it's worth, and despite all the very real problems with BA and the frustrations faced by its customers at the moment, I had a perfectly nice flight with them yesterday.

Trouble-free boarding; lovely, attentive crew (only 4 rows of CE, and not full); wonderful afternoon tea just like the old days; early arrival and quick, orderly disembarkation. It was a lovely way to travel, and better than any flight I have ever taken in so-called 'domestic first' in the US. The two hours flew by.

It just shows that BA can get it right when they try, and I sincerely hope that they climb out of this very deep hole they've dug for themselves and restore our confidence and faith in them as an airline. (I haven't quite reached that point yet.)
Old Mar 25, 22, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I agree, lots of good service from BA for me recently as well. 2 NA trips one in club and one in first, excellent service and food both times. A dozen short haul flights in the last 6 months, again no issues and good friendly service. Not enjoying everywhere getting busy again but that isn't BA's fault.

Would love to see:

More BA operated lounges - love Boston and Edinburgh for example.
Group boarding better organised.
Old Mar 25, 22, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
Sucks to be caught out, doesn't it?
Great to see passive aggressive behaviour remains alive and well on the board.

Poster makes a comment and gets taken to task about a post he made 9 years ago.
truncated and ermis177 like this.
Old Mar 25, 22, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GOLD, LF HH Diamond, IHG Plat/AMB

Last edited by stevie; Mar 25, 22 at 4:25 am Reason: Better to not waste one's time on the internet
Old Mar 25, 22, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GOLD, LF HH Diamond, IHG Plat/AMB
Originally Posted by SW7London View Post
Great to see passive aggressive behaviour remains alive and well on the board.

Poster makes a comment and gets taken to task about a post he made 9 years ago.
This place used to be so helpful and informative. Mirror's the internet in general, but I will call it out. Anyway take it easy and thanks for standing up to the 'established' characters of this forum.
Old Mar 25, 22, 6:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Elite, SQ Gold
Nothing at all weird or creepy about you searching back 9 years of posts of mine. …I have broken the habit of 20 odd years and now fly with airlines based upon quality, price, and time table. I no longer am tied to FFP and the fact that a GUF2 extension being refused just confirms this.
I might be a bit daft here (often am), but I think the question I saw Senor Hiddy ask was completely answered above. And indeed in a way that Senor Hiddy used to advise himself back in those days as a Royal Blue… to pick the carrier that’s most convenient and comfortable under the circumstances.

If this is not the question referred to, then of course I’ve misread things, as sometimes I do in my advancing age.
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I see you made a similar comment in a thread you started back in 2013. Which airline have you now decided to fly with?
This place used to be so helpful and informative. Mirror's the internet in general, but I will call it out. Anyway take it easy and thanks for standing up to the 'established' characters of this forum.
I couldn’t agree with you more, sir. Couldn’t agree more.

Last edited by Schultzois; Mar 25, 22 at 6:47 am

Search this Thread