I Class - Enhanced Avios Availability

Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:54 am
formerly Christopher Sutton
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JackDann
I should really know the answer to this, but here goes!

I've found availability (with thanks to this thread!) for BHD>SIN (With companion voucher) in Jan 2023.. it's on a 777 so hopefully with be in Club Suites by then if BA hit their target to have them all refurbed by the end of the year. There is currently only availability the day before I wish to return.

How flexible would this booking be? If my desired return date does not become available closer to departure, or there is an Aircraft swap so that the flight is operating the old CW Product then i'd like to cancel, but obviously wouldn't like to lose my Taxes/Fees and Avios. On the flip side, it would be handy to get this booked now.
You will pay a change or cancellation fee of Ł36pp and your taxes will be refunded.
JD1905 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You can always cancel a Reward booking for Ł35.00 per person (although this can be Ł70 if booked as two separate PNRs) and also, if availability opens on a different day / aircraft, again can be changed for the amendment fee of Ł35 (and any fees / charges if these have gone up again in the meantime...)
Ł1 inflation - I paid Ł72 change fee for 2 seats on Saturday!
JD1905 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:06 am
formerly JackDann

Thanks for the help on previous - Interestingly, whilst departing from Dublin saves me over Ł1200 in cash, it strangely charges me an extra 4,500 Avios E/W PP compared to say Dublin.

Spoke with them on the phone, and apparently as it is technically not a domestic, it costs more Avios? Maybe someone can explain it a bit clearer on here, I rarely travel from DUB.

Oh, forgot to ask aswell.. can I use FTV's towards booking? Got a few that'd be handy.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Thanks for the help on previous - Interestingly, whilst departing from Dublin saves me over Ł1200 in cash, it strangely charges me an extra 4,500 Avios E/W PP compared to say Dublin.

Spoke with them on the phone, and apparently as it is technically not a domestic, it costs more Avios? Maybe someone can explain it a bit clearer on here, I rarely travel from DUB.

Oh, forgot to ask aswell.. can I use FTV's towards booking? Got a few that'd be handy.
UK shuttles are free on long haul reward bookings. DUB is no different to CDG or AMS in this instance
Zero Avios that is, they will usually add some TFC. INV has no APD and also benefits from being in the UK
JD1905 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, I don't think DUB has been a domestic route since 1922
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:10 pm
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, I don't think DUB has been a domestic route since 1922
Haha yes of course, just wasn’t aware than non domestic Avios awards cost more than domestic. Always thought it was mileage based.

FTV Question now irrelevant as BA refunded them (only 2 weeks).

Last edited by JD1905; Mar 15, 2022 at 4:20 pm
Old May 7, 2022, 7:30 am

Does anybody have any experience of booking 3 tickets on one booking using a new style voucher? Specifically does the use of the voucher open up I class availability for all 3 seats? Tried a dummy booking and seem to get an error so I assume this is not possible?
Old May 7, 2022, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BGI Runner
Does anybody have any experience of booking 3 tickets on one booking using a new style voucher? Specifically does the use of the voucher open up I class availability for all 3 seats? Tried a dummy booking and seem to get an error so I assume this is not possible?
The I class availability feature is a benefit of the Amex Prem Plus card 2 for 1 voucher so you will either need 2 vouchers and search 4 seats or 2 seats using 1 voucher and your third seat either a separate standard U class booking or lowest business class cash fare.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What if you call to book (as you normally can)? ISTR that it used to be possible to book three for the price of two using one 2-4-1 voucher?
Old May 7, 2022, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What if you call to book (as you normally can)? ISTR that it used to be possible to book three for the price of two using one 2-4-1 voucher?
If you can that would feel extremely unfair taking I class availability when you don’t have a second voucher for all the people looking for availability with a fully paid up card and voucher…
Old May 7, 2022, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath
If you can that would feel extremely unfair taking I class availability when you don’t have a second voucher for all the people looking for availability with a fully paid up card and voucher …
I agree, but that doesn't mean that it's not possible.
SurreyFlightPath likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
I am a family of 5 (3 kids…) and I was trying to work out whether booking CW reward flights was going to be possible once the youngest is 2 (and confined to school holidays).

The extra I class availability would obviously help but whenever I try making a dummy booking it says I need a companion voucher for everyone in the booking to gain access to the extra availability - impossible with an odd number (I also tried for 3), or any number above 4 (given max 2 vouchers).

Appreciate this might be to prevent people using all I class availability with just 1 voucher (a strategy recommended by head for points last year) but I also tried booking flights with 3 regular award availability so I would only need 2x I availability with the one companion voucher and it still has the same error message. Not sure if that’s by design or a glitch.

Interestingly with one companion voucher it showed CW tickets as available even if I requested up to 9 (before showing the error message when selected) and EF only had 5 I class availability on the return flights….

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.