I Class - Enhanced Avios Availability

Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Only a GUF guarantees availability from ‘I’ or ‘A’ class. The new enhanced 241 vouchers use this bucket, but as suggested it definitely isn’t a 1 on 1 relationship like a GUF.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It most definitely is not related to I2 - as noted above I’ve had many experiences of I2 or more, yet nothing available to book on new style voucher
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:55 am
formerly JackDann

Game changer this. Had no idea there was additional availability beyond standard rewards search. Suddenly this actually becomes worthwhile.
SurreyFlightPath likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:03 am
formerly Christopher Sutton
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JackDann
Game changer this. Had no idea there was additional availability beyond standard rewards search. Suddenly this actually becomes worthwhile.
Exactly ;-) Certainly goes against the view that BA are devaluing the programme.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath
Exactly ;-) Certainly goes against the view that BA are devaluing the programme.
But the point is that it is hard to see at a glance.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Will100
But the point is that it is hard to see at a glance.
Agree
Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
No it's not.

You need between I8 and I9+ (it varies) unless things have changed since I ran some tests last year.
A data point to support this. I want to change the date of my flight booked with a new 241 voucher.
1. There's I class availability every day of the previous week but I was told this is deemed to be 'commercial I class' and not 'avios I class' and thus not available on the 241
2. The new vouchers are not changeable online, and availability isn't shown online, unless you have an unused 'new' 241 to check against. So you have to call to ask if there's any extra availability released (over and above normal avios availability open to everyone). So even more pressure on the call centres.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Only a GUF guarantees availability from ‘I’ or ‘A’ class. The new enhanced 241 vouchers use this bucket, but as suggested it definitely isn’t a 1 on 1 relationship like a GUF.
Just to check then, will a GUF2 work correctly online when availability is I2 (with no standard Avios availability in the upgraded class)?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
A data point to support this. I want to change the date of my flight booked with a new 241 voucher.
1. There's I class availability every day of the previous week but I was told this is deemed to be 'commercial I class' and not 'avios I class' and thus not available on the 241
2. The new vouchers are not changeable online, and availability isn't shown online, unless you have an unused 'new' 241 to check against. So you have to call to ask if there's any extra availability released (over and above normal avios availability open to everyone). So even more pressure on the call centres.
1. To clarify 9+ seats on EF and BA saying no availability as an Avios seat?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA silver
Sorry can't answer that as have no EF access. What I was trying to say was there's no guarantee of award space with the new voucher even if I class is available

Last edited by Dorsetboy; Mar 14, 2022 at 12:45 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
It would be so handy if someone like SeatSpy had the upgraded visibility for the new PP241s
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
Sorry can't answer that as have no EF access. What I was trying to say was there's no guarantee of award space with the new voucher even if I class is available
I think we’ve established there’s no 1 to 1 availability but does there need to be a minimum? For example I booked 8 x I class seats JNB to LHR last Saturday when 9+ were showing on EF and there’s still 9+ showing after booking those 8 seats…
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
It would be so handy if someone like SeatSpy had the upgraded visibility for the new PP241s
Am sure it’s WIP and there will be an upgrade fee for those who want to subscribe! Be interesting to see if F membership would include it?
CrazyLilBlondie likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:49 am
formerly JackDann

I should really know the answer to this, but here goes!

I've found availability (with thanks to this thread!) for BHD>SIN (With companion voucher) in Jan 2023.. it's on a 777 so hopefully with be in Club Suites by then if BA hit their target to have them all refurbed by the end of the year. There is currently only availability the day before I wish to return.

How flexible would this booking be? If my desired return date does not become available closer to departure, or there is an Aircraft swap so that the flight is operating the old CW Product then i'd like to cancel, but obviously wouldn't like to lose my Taxes/Fees and Avios. On the flip side, it would be handy to get this booked now.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can always cancel a Reward booking for £35.00 per person (although this can be £70 if booked as two separate PNRs) and also, if availability opens on a different day / aircraft, again can be changed for the amendment fee of £35 (and any fees / charges if these have gone up again in the meantime...)
JD1905 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.