BA A350 to Chicago - which exit is used?

Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My own pre-check interview, which admittedly was during the trial stage, was entirely about Brandon Flowers, of the Killers, so I've had more stressful encounters at the ticket counter of Hexham train station. I'm not aware of any of my colleagues having more than a cursory check that the CBP agent is talking to the same person whose record is on screen. If you are American then you are in a different relationship to the CBP, but in your case you would appreciate that pre-check is an offer not an entitlement. And you only do it once.
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
I did my in person interview in Miami, December 21, It consisted of me confirming the name of my employer and my email address, quite the grilling
Originally Posted by OddJobMan
My interview was in Las Vegas, I hadn't finished sitting down before he told me I was approved. Only question was Confirming I entered using an ESTA.
As above ... I applied for GE in 2018 I think, and fianlly got an interview in August 2019 at JFK before a flight back to UK. It was "sit down, look in the camera, put your fingers here, employer's name? any questions?, OK Bye"

And almost three years later I am about to try and use it for the very first time on a trip next weekend. I have renewed my passport since getting GE but the cbp online system allowed me to change my passport details without issue, so fingers crossed ...
OddJobMan likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Even without Global Entry, ORD is one of the best and fastest ports of entry into the US. The average wait time before clearing immigration is on the order of less than 15 minutes at most times, which means that by the time you walk over to the carousel your luggage is just about to arrive. The worst-case scenario used to be an arrival time coinciding with the Air India flight from Delhi or the LOT flights from Warsaw, however that's not been an issue for a while, since US citizens and ESTA passport holders are now grouped in the same separate queue, and neither India nor Poland are ESTA countries.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:59 am

Our GE entry interviews were completely painless and most of the time was spent showing us how to use the kiosks. Me, my wife and 2 daughters all have it. My only wish is that baggage claim was as quick as GE as that is invariably the hold-up.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by aristoph
Not entirely true that you only do it once however. When I renewed I was not called to a second interview, but my husband (US citizen) was, and we had to do it on a trip there last year.
Am a US Permanent Resident of 15yrs. Just renewed Global Entry for the second time and my wife renewed hers for the first time. We just got our 1yr old daughter Global Entry and at the interview the other week the officer told us you are almost guaranteed to need to show up in person if your address changed since you last renewed. Not sure if that policy applies to non-US Citizens/LPRs...

It's become increasingly tricky to get interviews. When I first signed up in 2011 there were very few GE entry points, enrolment offices and people in the program but now it's got to the point where I'm almost looking to make a weekend somewhere that has availability. I was able to basically walk in when I initially signed up.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My initial experience was in person at ORD and mostly consisted of a tutorial on how to use the machine. There was the moment where the person reviewed my list of countries visited, looked me in the eye and said "you didn't include Canada" I almost said "I don't really think of them as a foreign country" but stopped myself and just said "I must have forgotten that one" - my list was long.

The first renewal I lucked out. I think the whole first batch was renewing at the same time and they opened a second temporary office in the customs building in downtown Chicago. It was odd since the building doesn't get a lot of visitors and they didn't quite know what to do with me, but they got me up to the office, which was one sort of bored agent who looked me up hit a button and said "you're renewed". 2 minutes, max.

My second renewal was online with no problems.

Now, though, whenever I go through most of the machines are broken (EWR, I'm talking about you!) But when it works it is brilliant. If I land at ORD international terminal with a good gate and a good seat on the plane, and with no checked bags, I can be at the curb looking for my driver in maybe 5 minutes total.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by mjack99
She had a snotty sheriff (or something similar) who wanted to show who was in charge and asked her about every detail of every traffic violation. I assume then it is down to who you get and what kind of day they are having and how misogynistic they are (in the case of a female applicant).
GE is run by Homeland Security, so she most definitely would not have been interviewed by a sheriff or any other local law enforcement. Along with others that have already commented, my own GE interview was very straight-forward. The only question I remember was "Why do you want GE?" to which I answered "Have you ever tried entering the US via the non-US citizen/resident line?".... approved. I recently went through CLT and spent less than a minute in the company of the GE machine with no queue to get to it. The longest bit of arriving in CLT was waiting for the bags to arrive on the belt.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Global Entry interview on arrival for me was essentially confirming who I was, asking what trips I currently had booked to the US and their purpose, and then explaining how the system worked. And I have to say, the system is pretty good - on a recent arrival into JFK the terminal took my photo and then instantly issued me with a chit to take to the desk. I didnt have to scan my passport, or show it to anybody. Best 140ish Ive ever spent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.