Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe Food: Exciting Enhancement

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
The question is... will the third sandwich then mean we have things like...

2016?

The fancy schmancy ones we received when the catering provider changed in 2017?

Or the weaker version that appeared in 2018?

Perhaps they'll be like the Kosher ones in 2017? (I didn't rate the Kosher afternoon tea... the Kosher lunch though was great!)

Either way, I want my Ploughman's back!

Yes, I'm a BA afternoon tea junkie and I'm not ashamed of that!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:19 am

deleted
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Whilst I see you described that sandwich as 'singular', it still contains more filling than the 3 sandwiches combined that BA will be offering ....
I'm still looking at the Cadbury mini roll...
bafan and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Whilst I see you described that sandwich as 'singular', it still contains more filling than the 3 sandwiches combined that BA will be offering ....
It's likely to have been an Economy Class offering too but let's not even go there with that one.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Excellent news, and may I join others in adding thanks to TheJayHatch for kindly sharing.

BA catering may have come in for some less-than-favourable popcorn comment over recent months (and across multiple threads covering all cabins). But credit where credit is due : fair to say that this represents a serious investment on the part of the airline.

A switch from two finger sandwiches to three is the sort of game-changer I have long been hoping for ; in fact, for me personally, it tips the scales towards upgrading all my forward bookings from ET exit row to CE. The few hundred pounds extra per round trip will be more than worth it.

Any scepticism about the ‘new’ CEO (and his messianic determination to restore the premium factor to BA) is now firmly quashed by this news ……rightly described by OP as an ‘exciting enhancement’. In the space of just 18 months, Mr Doyle has turned things around.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
The question is... will the third sandwich then mean we have things like...

2016?

The fancy schmancy ones we received when the catering provider changed in 2017?

Or the weaker version that appeared in 2018?

Perhaps they'll be like the Kosher ones in 2017? (I didn't rate the Kosher afternoon tea... the Kosher lunch though was great!)

Either way, I want my Ploughman's back!

Yes, I'm a BA afternoon tea junkie and I'm not ashamed of that!
Fancy schmancy 2017 for me. But then I am a Southerner 😁😁😁
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Dunno what everyone is so excited about, without any announcement they have quietly ditched the second knife and fork in CE. I suggest mass protests in the galley!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Ahhhh! The Cadbury mini-roll!
1Aturnleft and bafan like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
After the pandemic, with flying having changed so much, I am extremely excited to share what CC told me today, having themselves only this morning learnt it from BA’s CEM (Customer Experience Manager).

It is apparently being shortly announced that a major change is happening in Club Europe: the sandwiches in the afternoon tea service will be increased from two sandwiches to three.

I appreciate there is a thread for CE food, but this major enhancement clearly deserves its own thread. Mods - if you agree - please keep this open for further major CEM-led changes, perhaps?
This not an enhancement, an enhancement would involve reducing the sandwiches to one or eliminating them altogether.
AirbusA350 and Harper50505 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Ahhhh! The Cadbury mini-roll!
Are you aware that poor people down the back currently get Kellogg's Strawberry Nutri Grain bars?

My daughter had one on the way back from Salzburg at half term and is now addicted.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
So does it sound like the catering changes will happen a little sooner that the start of the summer timetable (Sunday 26/03)? I have skin in the game flying in CE on the Saturday.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
So does it sound like the catering changes will happen a little sooner that the start of the summer timetable (Sunday 26/03)? I have skin in the game flying in CE on the Saturday.
Changes are from the 15th. So if it's this Saturday, then sadly you just miss out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.