Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merging BA Bookings when Checking in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by LondonElite
The joys of separate ticket!
the joy of cheaper tickets
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
..Booking 1. LHR to DUB on BA metal.
(3.5hrs in Dublin)
Booking 2. DUB to PHL then to SFO on AA metal.

As a point of ease, I did wonder/hope the bags could 'automatically' go from Booking 1 to Booking 2, in Dublin.... I still have a 3.5hr layover, so it's not a huge issue either way.!
As above for DUB to PHL-SFO you have USA immigration & customs at your departure, and not at arrival in PHL. In this case a better way to go

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight...ng-to-usa/faqs
What is US Preclearance?
The US Preclearance (USCBP) facility is a purpose built facility that allows US bound passengers to undertake all US immigration, customs and agriculture inspections at Dublin Airport prior to departure.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/preclearance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...r_preclearance
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
the joy of cheaper tickets
and often unnecessarily greedy airlines ...
Neil Scrivener likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the help guys

So potentially, a change at Dublin may actually help my situation in PHL anyway!
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the help guys
So potentially, a change at Dublin may actually help my situation in PHL anyway!
Yes. Just walk off the aircraft at PHL and go the gate for SFO. Just like any USA domestic transfer.
Bags should auto transfer from the PHL flight to the SFO flight (like any domestic transfer)
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for the help guys

Because of DUB's layout, then you won't be greatly inconvenienced, the airside connection options in T1 DUB coming from the UK are effectively non-exsistent.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The OP's question on through checking has already been answered, but given the phrasing of the question, I thought I would add that bookings can never be merged. That is just not possible. So through checking can occasionally be provided as an exception (even pro-actively at times) but separate bookings will not be merged into one, that will just not happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.