Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally made it

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Gold cards ? Hmm, let's think... Oh yes, those are the ones we give away each year aren't they ?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
You are entitled to a voucher which enables you to move your children's nanny into any middle seat in Club Europe. I should warn you however that most crew aren't aware of this benefit, so you may need to wave your arms about a bit and tell them who you are to receive it.
HIDDY, Kgmm77, AdBoy and 13 others like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well it seems from all the valuable replies received that I need to work hard on my sense of self-entitlement. Are there any courses available for this, like the ones for nervous flyers?
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Well it seems from all the valuable replies received that I need to work hard on my sense of self-entitlement. Are there any courses available for this, like the ones for nervous flyers?
Don't worry about that. .just enjoy the published benefits not the imaginary ones. I'll be keeping a close eye on your posting activity.

Congratulations by the way.
wrp96, TedToToe and m8_rotate like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Don't worry about that. .just enjoy the published benefits not the imaginary ones. I'll be keeping a close eye on your posting activity.

Congratulations by the way.
Thanks HIDDY, as you probably have guessed, I don’t take status that seriously. Some of my most memorable flights were as a Blue member. I have noticed that BA are helping me to adapt, when I used the First Wing last, I had to queue for nearly an hour, just like the ordinary queues.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
what are the FT benefits? 😀
FT Premium Service : Whenever you post a new thread, someone will pounce on it within, like, 4 minutes with half-a-dozen ill-considered instant words of advice.
HIDDY, wrp96 and kanderson1965 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:06 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
what are the FT benefits? 😀
Has no-one explained the initiation ceremony you have to undertake first? Oh dear, this is going to be a bit awkward ...
HIDDY, yellow_peril, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Has no-one explained the initiation ceremony you have to undertake first? Oh dear, this is going to be a bit awkward ...
Probably explains why many on here would never be comfortable in an economy seat again
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:22 am

That got me thinking how long ago since I last flew long haul economy? Looked back at the data and it was 2006.Time has flown by!
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Mrs B and I now have a golden glow, smiles all round. Taken us a while and COVID to get there and hopefully at least 2 years of the step up. Tomorrow is the last day of the collection year but have enough travel booked for a second year at gold.
Just away to change my status in Flyertalk😄
HIDDY and kanderson1965 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
Mrs B and I now have a golden glow, smiles all round. Taken us a while and COVID to get there and hopefully at least 2 years of the step up. Tomorrow is the last day of the collection year but have enough travel booked for a second year at gold.
Just away to change my status in Flyertalk😄
Well done to you and Mrs BestSeqFlyer
BESTEDIFLYER likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Thanks everyone 👍👍
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Congratulations to the new Golds! No wonder the LHR FLounge is so crowded these days! Best wishes from an elderly couple of just-renewed Golds.

[last l/h Economy was in 2000; with VS … before I squashed the Millennium Bug]
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:48 am
Original Poster

So after the elation of reaching gold comes the realisation that I am but a modern day Sisyphus and my hard earned TPs have rolled down the hill. What BA giveth, BA taketh away.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Mike Skyflier
That got me thinking how long ago since I last flew long haul economy? Looked back at the data and it was 2006.Time has flown by!
I am almost ashamed to say that I have just booked my first long-haul economy in many years. Only New York, so barely "long haul" at all, and £900 for flights and 4 nights in a highly-rated midtown hotel was too good to miss. I am treating it as an adventure.

Luckily, my Gold status puts me in group 1 so at least I shall avoid the shame of boarding with those who belong at the back. And I can eat in the lounge so won't be relying upon the Nutrigrain bar and cup of water (or whatever BA serves in economy these days).
Mike Skyflier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.