Why won't BA answer?

Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club
Why won't BA answer?

I'm flying with BA again after a few years but have forgotten my Exec Club details. I have tried calling and after going through numerous menus they simply cut off the call and the chatbot keeps asking me to enter "Speak to an agent" over and over without connecting me. I have now been trying unsuccessfully to contact BA for days - what am I dong wrong (apart from flying with an airline that simply doesn't care?)
SxMan and beardedgeologist like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by dsm1972
I'm flying with BA again after a few years but have forgotten my Exec Club details. I have tried calling and after going through numerous menus they simply cut off the call and the chatbot keeps asking me to enter "Speak to an agent" over and over without connecting me. I have now been trying unsuccessfully to contact BA for days - what am I dong wrong (apart from flying with an airline that simply doesn't care?)
Award Wallet?
Old emails from BA will have your BAEC number on them - then reset you password?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Gave up this morning on the GGL line after 10 mins
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Not sure when you're flying, but you may have a few options.
  • If you ever registered your account online against your email address then you can try logging in with this, doing a password reset if necessary - that should get you into the account.
  • You can add your EC number to the booking at any stage between purchase and date of the flight, so if your flight isn't for a while you have time to find out the number.
  • You *may* be able to claim retrospectively for flights up to six months ago through the BA website using your ticket number (125-XXXXXXXXXX) here. Caveat is that it's not absolutely clear if this only applies where your number was added to the booking but the points didn't post, or if you can do this retrospectively for bookings that you flew but didn't have your EC number attached at the time. Better-informed posters than me may be able to advise.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
The horror...
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Any chance you're in a household account? I think it's possible to see the other Exec Club numbers in the account when the head of the account is logged in?

That said, my understanding is that if you've had no activity for 3 years then your account may no longer have any Avios in it anyway - so it might be just as easy to start a new account.

I don't know if BA suspended the closure of dormant accounts during Covid?

Also, look for old boarding passes? Even mobile BPs have the BAEC number on the second page of the mobile BP if they've remained in your phone wallet.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
The horror...
I’ve got better things to do with my time. I’ll try later.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Lightweight !!!
Whiterose likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I'm not saying it's right or good, it's just that put into context, many here would bite BAs arm off for 'just' a 10 minute(ish) wait right now...
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
How about multi tasking?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Stormbel
How about multi tasking?
THIS ! I do the hold when on a long car drive and the radio on - or when on a very dull task at work!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:14 am

Called the GC UK line to make a new multi-city booking using avios to upgrade one of the segments, something that annoyingly cannot be done online (don’t get me started on the terrible BA website experience!). Automatic answer tells me how busy they are and that i need to go online to make a new booking and then i am abruptly cut off. No other airline that i can think of does this except for BA.
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC
It's amazing the discrepancies in experiences... I called the Silver line this AM, to get an EI confirmation# for my BA booking, and I was through in about 5 mins..
FlightDetective and becks1 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.