AS seat reservations on BA booking

Old Mar 2, 22, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
AS seat reservations on BA booking

I have a booking with BA (125- ticket) and part of the journey is operated by AS. I cannot change seats through the BA site, but the AS site doesn't accept my booking reference, I get an error of "The confirmation code is invalid"

Is there a way to reserve seats on AS with a BA ticketed journey?
Old Mar 2, 22, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by andrewr1985 View Post
I have a booking with BA (125- ticket) and part of the journey is operated by AS. I cannot change seats through the BA site, but the AS site doesn't accept my booking reference, I get an error of "The confirmation code is invalid"

Is there a way to reserve seats on AS with a BA ticketed journey?
Yes, you need to telephone British Airways and ask them for the Alaska Airlines booking reference.

Once you have that, you can select a seat on Alaska's website.

You will also need it to be able to pre-select food if you're flying First Class on a route where they are offering meal choices.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Mar 2, 22, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by andrewr1985 View Post

Is there a way to reserve seats on AS with a BA-ticketed journey?
As far as I know, there will be an AS reference for your flight, I have had the same in the past. If you get through to BA they should be able to advise you on AS reference, or message AS with your flight details and they also should be able to give you a reference. You may have to call up as a last resort, and finally, you could try the checkmytrip.com app, but I think this only works with Amadeus bookings and not SABRE, but it may be worth a shot.
efincomputer and andrewr1985 like this.

Last edited by m8_rotate; Mar 4, 22 at 1:27 pm Reason: grammar
Old Mar 2, 22, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You can also use the AS webchat function. If you tell the agent your name and flight details they'll give you the PNR you need.
Old Mar 2, 22, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by m8_rotate View Post
As far as I know, there will be an AS reference for your flight, I have had the same in the past.
There is indeed, I've had two BA 125- tickets so far with at least one AS sector and there is an AS reference each time.

Fun when you have Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines in a BA booking. I have four booking references for a six sector trip in April!
m8_rotate and efincomputer like this.
Old Mar 2, 22, 9:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
There is indeed, I've had two BA 125- tickets so far with at least one AS sector and there is an AS reference each time.

Fun when you have Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines in a BA booking. I have four booking references for a six sector trip in April!
I've not had Aer Lingus on a 125 yet, but I did manage to squeeze in a JetBlue AA codeshare on my trip in November, thanks to some AA cancellations (so BA, AA, AS and B6). Biggest pain sometimes is getting the seats sorted lol.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Mar 4, 22, 8:46 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by m8_rotate View Post
As far as I know, there will be an AS reference for your flight, I have had the same in the past.
Where is the Alaska booking reference in BA Booking exactly? I scanned the email and BA Manage My Booking, it is not there.

EDIT: I went to online chat on Alaska and after 30 minutes wait got the reference. Shame BA does not provide such basic information on a booking with a partner Airline.

Last edited by OGG flyer; Mar 4, 22 at 9:21 am
Old Mar 4, 22, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by OGG flyer View Post
Where is the Alaska booking reference in BA Booking exactly? I scanned the email and BA Manage My Booking, it is not there.

EDIT: I went to online chat on Alaska and after 30 minutes wait got the reference. Shame BA does not provide such basic information on a booking with a partner Airline.
You need to contact BA or AS for it, it's not in Manage My Booking.

The ones for American Airlines appear in Manage My Booking on BA when you go to select a seat, it's a shame they don't for many of the other partners.

Search this Thread