Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet2 Optional Face Masks - will BA follow?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by stupidhead
Do people seriously do this? I'm too busy minding my own business to care.
Afraid so happened to me after pax complained!
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by paulaf
Afraid so happened to me after pax complained!
Did this happen on BA? Truly there are busybodies everywhere. I never notice as I am too concerned with doing what I am doing to care.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:04 am

Ryanair also following suit

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/r...d-b985503.html
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Did this happen on BA? Truly there are busybodies everywhere. I never notice as I am too concerned with doing what I am doing to care.
Yes afraid so, a seemingly very scared pax (she started crying) complained when I took it fully off whilst eating and then didn't put it back on for between sips when drinking afterwards, this other pax only had a fashion mask on, if she was that scared she should have been wearing an N95 which I suggested to her.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
As we are not sticking to a 100% BA policy in this thread I will jump in with a little anecdote of my own.

Having visited a client in Glasgow recently, I came back down on Avanti West Coast. The guard was very thorough in announcing that due to Scottish law masks would be mandatory "until the train comes to a complete stop at Carlisle" and indeed I saw him having words with someone further down the carriage. Overall though, compliance was high... until we got to Carlisle, where a Great Unmasking took place.

From Carlisle to Preston I didn't see a single person under 60 with a mask on

Make of that what you will...
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Having recently returned from a trip to Spain I can say how astonished I was that mask wearing was 100% by everyone, everytime on public transport. No exceptions. No sunflower lanyards. I'm not saying they're right and we in the UK are wrong. But it was such an interesting insight to how different nationalities are able to adhere to government guidance.
Spain 23k cases per day at the moment (48/100k based on yesterday's figures), UK heading back towards 100k on Tuesday 1 March (148/100k) .....
TBH I'd feel safer in Spain right now.
Stormbel, MiraculousM and Ramos like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Yes afraid so, a seemingly very scared pax (she started crying) complained when I took it fully off whilst eating and then didn't put it back on for between sips when drinking afterwards, this other pax only had a fashion mask on, if she was that scared she should have been wearing an N95 which I suggested to her.
Ridiculous woman she was clearly hysterical - if she was that scared she should stay at home in her fashion mask. Well done for pointing out the utter inconsistency of what she was saying.

I have never had any problem - I remove it as soon as the drinks arrive and replace it as and when my meal and or drinks have ended and not before. I did not have that level of paranoia in the USA on AA.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

I have never had any problem - I remove it as soon as the drinks arrive and replace it as and when my meal and or drinks have ended and not before. I did not have that level of paranoia in the USA on AA.
Yes that's what I normally do too, it was fine on our outbound flight.
PUCCI GALORE and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by GBOAC
Spain 23k cases per day at the moment (48/100k based on yesterday's figures), UK heading back towards 100k on Tuesday 1 March (148/100k) .....
I've felt safe everywhere, at all times, never wearing a mask.

The real risk is so hugely and obviously age / health linked that you could very quickly assess if you were at any sort of risk and adjust accordingly.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Where is this figure from?

The figures for Tuesday shows 39k cases in the dashboard.

82k cases on Monday, but these figures encompass 3 days as weekend reporting has now stopped across the UK (Wales and Scotland stopped it a while ago).

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deta...ited%20Kingdom
pacenotes, RockyRobin and Saladman like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Mondays cases figure was for 3 days. The current (yesterdays) rate per 100k for the UK is 48 and is continuing to fall.
Silver Fox, paulaf, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by DaveS
Mondays cases figure was for 3 days. The current (yesterdays) rate per 100k for the UK is 48 and is continuing to fall.
Exactly - the amount of misinformation out there in the population is frankly astounding.
crazy8534 and ENTP like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The UK 7 day figure is 30k per day average.
DaveS and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
On my last trip through T5 I didn’t wear a mask just to see what happened (I’ve recently recovered from C-19 and so generally feel relaxed on account of the risk I can either catch it or transmit it being extremely low). Of course I would have immediately worn one if someone asked me to. Absolutely no one batted an eyelid. So I would encourage anyone else who hates wearing a mask simply to stop wearing one, as (in my part of London anyway) have 95% of people in supermarkets and on the tube.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:43 am

That's insane. If she's that afraid I would suggest she cease flying. Airplanes are just about the safest place you could be from the Rona.

IME I've never had a problem with militant crew on planes and I've flown BA, AA and UA in the past two months. I do the same thing you do - it comes off when drinks are served and back on when the trash is collected. I certainly don't want to be wearing a napkin. Of course in the lounge, no one has their mask on and no one cares.

I live in Texas where we haven't worn masks since May last year. It's great. Air travel is the only occasion in which I pull my mask(s) out of the pantry.

Last edited by stupidhead; Mar 2, 2022 at 5:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.