Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet2 Optional Face Masks - will BA follow?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
I did actually come to ask if they provided these.

Also, my other question is are BA doing a kit like VS were doing (with two masks and hand santiser packets)?
That would be in the enhanced hygiene pack.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JackDann
I'm pretty certain I did read something on the BA Website either yesterday or Tuesday that was pretty similar wording.
This is the mess that has confused people in to thinking the policy was reverted. They updated their website with the news on masks being dropped, then reverted the website back to an old out of date page (making thinking people theyd gone back on the announcement), and NOW they have updated the page again with the good news. BA Twitter have also told Simon Calder that they have not gone back on their mask removal, and that they are optional dependent on destination. Woohoo!
LETTERBOY, paulaf, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
This is the mess that has confused people in to thinking the policy was reverted. They updated their website with the news on masks being dropped, then reverted the website back to an old out of date page (making thinking people theyd gone back on the announcement), and NOW they have updated the page again with the good news. BA Twitter have also told Simon Calder that they have not gone back on their mask removal, and that they are optional dependent on destination. Woohoo!
Well, if the policy is in force, it would be nice if they published a list of routes which require masks.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by the810
Well, if the policy is in force, it would be nice if they published a list of routes which require masks.
It appears the new policy is now in force however take note of the wording on ba.com, the topic is being discussed here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...k-mandate.html
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
It will grow, it's a positive start IMO. After all the doom and gloom in media including excerpts from Ryanair's MOL and other "experts" stating "masks will be with us for a very long time like the liquid restrictions in hand luggage"
Ryanair are being very loose definition in that sense. Buy stuff from the crew and they seemed to turn a blind eye (or simply not care), when I flew with them late last year.

Not like MOL to chuck out a soundbite or two (though he does raise very valid points in other areas).
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

We will close this thread in view of discussions of a similar theme taking place elsewhere in the forum. Several recent posts here have already been transferred over to the other thread (linked below)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...k-mandate.html

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.