Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet2 Optional Face Masks - will BA follow?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I understand a number of US airlines have been lobbying to have the mask mandate lifted in the US so perhaps it might be worth waiting a while before making any drastic decisions on travel.
My trip is between Scandinavia (ARN, OSL) and London so there are no legal obstacles and I don't think it will be affected by US rules. But of course I'm holding back with the cancellation until the very last minute. I can't see BA not fixing this within a week.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by the810
My trip is between Scandinavia (ARN, OSL) and London so there are no legal obstacles and I don't think it will be affected by US rules. But of course I'm holding back with the cancellation until the very last minute. I can't see BA not fixing this within a week.
Indeed, the person I responded to appears to be located in the USA, hence my reference to the US policy.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Remember it is a legal requirement to observe all crewmember instructions. FYI the mask requirement is still (and has remained) on ba.com which is the official place for all BA policies and requirements.

It looks like we are all going to have show a little patience to give BA a little more time to finalise its policy.
I’m starting to get a bit bored of having to “show a little patience” for BA to get things right.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:41 am

Can all those who said they wouldn't fly until masks weren't required please cancel all your flights you've recently booked. There's no RFS availability over the Easter dates I require, and I need some places to be freed-up
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mrpacifist
I also noticed the announcement published yesterday has disappeared from the Travel News section of the website. Finally, BA have come to their senses. I hope the face covering requirement stays on all flights until it's safe to do otherwise.
It is safe! What more do you need or want?! It’s more dangerous to cross the road than it is to board an aircraft and catch and die of covid! For goodness sake. What is wrong with people!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Does the BA mask rule apply to lounges or just onboard Aircraft?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OddJobMan
Does the BA mask rule apply to lounges or just onboard Aircraft?
You don't need to wear a mask while eating or drinking, so people tend not to wear masks in lounges, at least once seated. Maybe when moving around the lounge / going to the WC they put the mask back on. But what we are talking about in the last few dozen posts is not wearing a mask at all from check-in in London to arrival, including through security, in shops, boarding and during the flight. This has hit some unspecified hitch, but the idea was that at least for those destinations where masks are not mandatory, the whole trip would be mask free.

I would advocate a little patience, the end isn't far off, and I think even transatlantic flights will be mask optional from mid May at the very latest.
SxMan, OddJobMan and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Thanks, I have no problem with masks, I was just curious about my visit on Saturday. I've not been near an airport for 2 years.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Interesting outcome. I don’t think BA have bOwed to pressure as they were trending on twitter yesterday with quite a few people saying they Wouldn’t fly BA if the mask policy had been removed.

also yesterday crews saying most long haul and majority of short haul would have mask mandates so a bit misleading anyWay.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
KLM becomes the next big player to announce an end to the requirement to wear a mask, on those routes where this is allowed, as of 23 March 2022.
the810, paulaf, skipness1E and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Interesting outcome. I don’t think BA have bOwed to pressure as they were trending on twitter yesterday with quite a few people saying they Wouldn’t fly BA if the mask policy had been removed.
Yes but Twitter is skewed more towards the left and is an echo chamber of sorts! Like it not, stupidly the issue of masks has become a political issue and again, irrationally, the support for or against masks, at least in the Twitter world (and in the USA) is heavily linked to one's political leanings. If Twitter were to be a proper representation of the true World opinion, the UK prime minister would have been someone totally different in 2019! In reality (and not Twitter), I think the UK is actually quite good with their attitude towards masks, thankfully it's not as politicised here and you will actively find people from both sides of the spectrum wanting or not wanting masks. Overwhelmingly, the majority would like it to be an option/choice and I think the fact all major UK airlines (bar EasyJet) have announced an intention to move away from it in itself shows the strong broader appetite for the mandate to be dropped, if indeed these airlines felt the broader opinion was to continue mandating it and they feared for a dent in their sales, then they simply wouldn't have dropped it (or at least expressed an intention to do so)

Last edited by AirbusA350; Mar 16, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by highexpectations
It is safe! What more do you need or want?! It’s more dangerous to cross the road than it is to board an aircraft and catch and die of covid! For goodness sake. What is wrong with people!
I do not consider my opinion, different than yours, to be 'wrong'. And I do not think you should either. Anyway let's see what BA says when the policy is finally updated and we can all make our decisions to fly one carrier or another or maybe even a route or another in this instance, as it seems different destinations might not have the same requirements applied by BA in the end.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
So given the end of mask mandate message is still
live on Instagram, are they REALLY enforcing mask wearing today or simply going through the motions?
Silver Fox and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Indeed, the person I responded to appears to be located in the USA, hence my reference to the US policy.
My bad, for some reason I thought it was a reaction to my post. I apologize
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would advocate a little patience, the end isn't far off, and I think even transatlantic flights will be mask optional from mid May at the very latest.
With this current extension to April 18th for the US mask mandate being the shortest extension so far, most people are expecting that 18th April date to be the last day masks are going to be required.
Silver Fox and gustavmahler like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.