Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

Jet2 Optional Face Masks - will BA follow?

Jet2 Optional Face Masks - will BA follow?

Old Mar 16, 22, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by EJetter View Post
CityFlyer last night issued a bulletin to crew regarding masks, which was withdrawn a few minutes later pending confirmation of a revised policy start date from British Airways. So, masks to continue on board for the time being.
Is this a joke? Still required for pax or do you mean crew?

Last edited by paulaf; Mar 16, 22 at 5:39 am
Old Mar 16, 22, 5:26 am

Programs: SAS EBG / *A Gold, Radisson Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by fb175091 View Post
Any indication whether they'll allow to cancel bookings with full refund if there are no masks required on the flight? I have no intention to fly without a mask mandate on my flight.
No refund was given when mask mandates were introduced, so it's unlikely.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by paulaf View Post
Is this a joke? Still required for pax or do you mean crew?
Not a joke. Masks still required for passengers and crew (on CityFlyer at least, I don’t have visibility of the mainline DocuNet).
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by fb175091 View Post
Any indication whether they'll allow to cancel bookings with full refund if there are no masks required on the flight? I have no intention to fly without a mask mandate on my flight. An attempt to get in touch with them via Twitter resulted in a corporate "Your safety is our top priority. Explore the COVID-19 resources below so you can fly with peace of mind." Clearly, the opposite is the case: they make the flight less safe fewer than five days before departure.
You can still wear your mask if you so wish. If it's that good I'm sure it will protect you. Or does it only work one way?

Make sure you don't remove your mask eat or drink. Can't be too safe!
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:08 am

We’ve been told an issue which they can’t disclose has arisen so masks will remain mandatory on all flights until further notice.

Great joy for the crew who will now have to police this after a jazzy social media campaign from BA about removal of masks from today.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:08 am

Not a joke. Masks still required for passengers and crew (on CityFlyer at least, I don’t have visibility of the mainline DocuNet).
OK so delay doesn't apply to BA operated flights then?
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Welcome On Board View Post
We’ve been told an issue which they can’t disclose has arisen so masks will remain mandatory on all flights until further notice.

Great joy for the crew who will now have to police this after a jazzy social media campaign from BA about removal of masks from today.
Unbelievable!!!
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by paulaf View Post
OK so delay doesn't apply to BA operated flights then?
The company is looking into some compliance issues so masks are required on ALL BA and BA CityFlyer flights for the time being.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:13 am

Looking into this further, the company is looking into some compliance issues so masks are required on ALL BA and BA CityFlyer flights for the time being.
Bugger, have to say I might have a compliance issue too!
LETTERBOY, SxMan, exeu2017 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Whatever people's views on the wider issue, what a farce. The main headline on BA's Twitter is that they're not required.
Silver Fox, the810, paulaf and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Originally Posted by Never Stansted View Post
Whatever people's views on the wider issue, what a farce. The main headline on BA's Twitter is that they're not required.
Weird. Normally BA’s marketing and PR is such an accurate indicator of what to expect on board the aircraft.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:37 am

Programs: IHG Gold
What a complete and utter shambles.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:49 am

I also noticed the announcement published yesterday has disappeared from the Travel News section of the website. Finally, BA have come to their senses. I hope the face covering requirement stays on all flights until it's safe to do otherwise.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The company is looking into some compliance issues so masks are required on ALL BA and BA CityFlyer flights for the time being.
Thank you for updating us. I suspect BA made its decision and then realised too late in the day that there were all kinds of legal issues relating to that decision dependant on destination and gave itself too little time to verify the position with the various jurisdictions around the world to ensure compliance.
Old Mar 16, 22, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Thank you for updating us. I suspect BA made its decision and then realised too late in the day that there were all kinds of legal issues relating to that decision dependant on destination and gave itself too little time to verify the position with the various jurisdictions around the world to ensure compliance.
Probably a bit of overtime being worked the next few days in BA's legal and compliance team! VS dealt with it much better and immediately had a list of where they were and weren't required.
the810, paulaf and AirbusA350 like this.

Search this Thread