Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying Monday ABZ – LHR – MIA, Avios + 2for1, Want to change first leg to Sunday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Monday ABZ – LHR – MIA, Avios + 2for1, Want to change first leg to Sunday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Morning All,
Flying Monday ABZ – LHR – MIA, Avios + 2for1, Want to change first leg to Sunday.
Given current situation re flight chaos I have not tried BA via the phone as I appreciate others have more pressing issues. I have tried Twitter but as expected I am understandably a low priority.
Currently 7 Avios seats are available on the last flight Sunday evening ABZ – LHR and I have booked the Sofitel at Terminal 5 (which is cancellable up to Sunday 14:00).
Questions are:-
1 – Do I leave phoning/Twitter until Friday and hope I get through?
2 – Do I book separate one way ABZ – LHR flights for Sunday evening. It is 8,500 Avios, a 2for1 voucher and £50. Probably like many others I have a surplus of 2for1 and Avios at the moment anyway, so it is not an issue.
3 – If I proceed with (2) above, can the check-in staff on the Sunday evening link the additional flight to the original booking which is ABZ – LHR – Mia on the 7 March, returning same route on the 28 March? I am concerned BA will say as I have not taken the original Monday morning flight I am not entitled to the remaining three flights.
Sorry if the above is long winded, but I wanted to put all the details (I hope).
In anticipation, thanks for your help.
Ian
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi Hub1962

Do you mean your flight is currently on Monday 7 March and you want to change the ABZ-LHR to Sunday 6 March? That shouldn't be an issue if there is reward space which you mention you have checked.

1. I would call now for this, as there will be a standard change fee of £35 per person to change it I don't think they can do it over twitter.
2. Absolutely not as your ABZ-LHR would still be on your original booking and once you no-show for that all the other flights on the booking will be cancelled.
3 .See above, this is not a good idea.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Hi Karfa,
Thanks for your very helpful response. Yes that is exactly what I want to do.
I will try phoning now and if that doesn't work may travel (13 miles) to ABZ airport to see if I can do it there.
Once again, many thanks.
Ian
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You won't be able to do it at the airport as they can't do reward booking changes like that - so I wouldn't bother with the drive there and back.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Hi Karfa,
Sadly BA are not allowing calls to proceed after the initial call screening........ Looks like I will try ABZ airport.
Cheers
Ian
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I second KARFA's advice on phoning up - your flight is next week and, frankly, dealing with stranded travellers (of whom there must be far fewer by now) is BA's problem to fix, not yours.
You are a paying customer - don't hesitate to call up and do what you need to do!
KARFA and efincomputer like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Hi Karfa,
Sorry just seen your reply. I wont be going to the airport.
Thanks for all your help.
Ian
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks noFODplease for the reply.
I take your point. I always been to understanding.
Cheers
Ian
noFODplease likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:19 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
If it's going to prove so difficult to change, why not just stick with your original departure date?

Many of the problems that folk have seem to revolve around making changes to bookings, where proper planning would have avoided all that.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I don’t believe there will be a service / amendment fee over the phone under Book With Confidence.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Morning Folks
Sorry for the delay in replying. I didn't realise as a new member I was restricted to five posts for 24hrs.
1P - this was my fall back position. In future I will always travel down the day before the long haul flight.
Data point - after circa four hours of attempting to get through to a CSA I managed it at 15:30. The CSA was excellent and the ABZ - LHR flight is now Sunday @20:25 (was Mon morning). It sounds as though compared to many I got through relatively easily. As suggested on here Twitter was no use at all.
Mikefly - No service/amendment fee was payable although I did have to pay additional "taxes" to the tune of £134. This was because in changing the flight I was liable to the revised "taxes". Given the circumstances was happy to pay. I am relieved I have been able to sort it.
All - Thanks to everyone who helped.(above + Karfa, noFODplease)
All the best,
Ian
KARFA, noFODplease and Geordie405 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Hub1962
Hi Karfa,
Sadly BA are not allowing calls to proceed after the initial call screening........ Looks like I will try ABZ airport.
Cheers
Ian
The silver line answered in 2 mins yesterday at 4pm
efincomputer likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:49 am
Original Poster

I am sadly Blue. You must have been pleased with 2 mins
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Hub1962
I am sadly Blue. You must have been pleased with 2 mins
I’m blue too. Got a reply after 30 minutes or thereabouts at around 3pm ish earlier. What a saga! Best of luck!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:51 am
Original Poster

, you too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.