Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA sale / last minute deals on Club Class?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jonas123
very unlikely prices will go down now for Easter. Your main hope is to have some Avios and check redemption availability.
Damn, I can’t use Avios (I just bought the max to use in the summer with a companion voucher) and have to travel in the Easter hols. Guess I’ll just have to keep checking and keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:41 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by paulaf
Yes I dithered too! Can anyone with Expert Flyer subscription tell me for BA 2716 on 21st October how many club seats are sold as the seats are now only selling C fare? Find it hard to believe the price doubled overnight thanks.
Honey - Expertflyer will tell you what is available not what has been booked. I reckon we would all like to have that knowledge but neither that nor the number of seats allocated will really tell you
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Incidentally can I give an honourable mention to Pucci for the reference to one of my favourite LoTR characters (even if my pedantic side only wants to call him Fangorn...).

Sounds like holiday planning in both our houses is akin to an Entmoot...

(No, I don't do cosplay, honest )
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Incidentally can I give an honourable mention to Pucci for the reference to one of my favourite LoTR characters (even if my pedantic side only wants to call him Fangorn...).

Sounds like holiday planning in both our houses is akin to an Entmoot...

(No, I don't do cosplay, honest )
I'll believe you. Millions would not - I have decided that even if Mrs RC and my husband show similar decision speeds - you deserve to be a Mucci. Arise Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint.! Don't forget to put this on your profile.
ratechaser and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'll believe you. Millions would not - I have decided that even if Mrs RC and my husband show similar decision speeds - you deserve to be a Mucci. Arise Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint.! Don't forget to put this on your profile.
Thank you dear lady, I shall do so post haste.

That means 'after dinner'

I'm damn glad that Mrs RC isn't stalking me on here. Hopefully
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:14 pm

Thank you dear lady, I shall do so post haste.

That means 'after dinner'

I'm damn glad that Mrs RC isn't stalking me on here. Hopefully
My Dear - that thought had crossed my mind. My husband certainly is not - he is far too engaged on reading Rugby Sites and Candy Crush.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:18 pm

I will spare you the fruitier language of what I think about dithering with holidays, but yes, this is a constant source of friction. Despite my best efforts over the years to persuade Mrs RC that you often have to just grab the good deals when they come up, it just doesn't work. Admittedly this is a school exam year which adds a bit more complexity to the planning, but

IT
DRIVES
ME
NUTS!!!

anyway, rant over and clearly I love her dearly, but it's certainly the differences that make a marriage sometimes...

At this rate it will be indirect to CUN, with an extended tour of the substandard lounges of North America. Can't wait...
My spouse used to dither too, but all it took was one flight in the comfort of club class for the same price that he used to pay for economy, for him to allow me to plan all our holidays. We agree on a budget and he has a few places he won't travel too, other than that I have free reign.
ratechaser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.