Search

BA’s Book with Confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA’s Book with Confidence policy

Hiya,

I am wanting/planning a short holiday to fly to VIE in mid to late August and return back to the UK on the 6th of September. The only problem is that I will not know if I will be able to fly (due to work clashes) or (if work doesn't clash) which dates in August to choose from (I will only find out in May). If I were to fly, the return on the 6th of September is set in stone, it's just the August dates I'm not sure about.
Would BA's BWC policy cover the August dates which would be completed before the August 31st or does it require the whole booking to be completed by Aug 31st?
I am half minded to book now being that I've read that flight prices are set to rise in April, but I cant remember or find what BA's t&c policy about self-canceling or changing dates was before the pandemic.
Can anyone advise what they think would be best?

Cheers
J
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who said flight prices are set to rise in April ?! A blogger by chance ?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Who said flight prices are set to rise in April ?! A blogger by chance ?
In a way, yes. I've seen it in travel blogs and newspapers such the points guy uk and also in the telegraph and Forbes about airline CEO's warning of fare increases.
I'm guessing by your response, prices aren't going to rise (by much) and that its scaremongering to get people to book now?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
The BWC policy covers travel that is to be completed by 31 Aug 22 - so you wouldn't be covered. So unless they change the BWC dates, you would be subject to any fare difference (which applies to BWC anyway) plus the regular change fee.

I guess you could book one-ways but that is probably too costly, or reward flights (avios balance permitting) which are relatively flexible.
jky345 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jky345
In a way, yes. I've seen it in travel blogs and newspapers such the points guy uk and also in the telegraph and Forbes about airline CEO's warning of fare increases.
I'm guessing by your response, prices aren't going to rise (by much) and that its scaremongering to get people to book now?
Flight prices, in my opinion, don't follow inflation / fuel rises etc they are based on demand and what the competition are doing - time of year - amongst many other things. Whilst very very dynamic, airline prices are all over the place right now - BA seem to be eyewatering in the near term in the premium cabins... so always look at the competition too. My example - kids Easter holidays - exDUB for USA in business - BA and OneWorld circa £5k - Canadian / United - £1,200.00

Bonkers !

And all I see The Points Guy UK trying to do, are get themselves in the mainstream media as much as possible with their earth shattering "hacks" and seat reviews !
lhrsfo and jky345 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Book 2 one way tickets
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or Avios…
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:18 am

Or read post #4
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Or read post #4
I researched it though and it’s the same price
vintagepilot likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
I think BWC is now extended to 30 September 2022
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Well spotted, BA site now says;

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...uchers-refunds

Applies to bookings for travel due to be completed by 30 September 2022.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, good spot. I guess given that school/Uni hols extend into September, it's beneficial to add in one more month of flexibility
jky345 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
The BWC policy covers travel that is to be completed by 31 Aug 22 - so you wouldn't be covered. So unless they change the BWC dates, you would be subject to any fare difference (which applies to BWC anyway) plus the regular change fee.

I guess you could book one-ways but that is probably too costly, or reward flights (avios balance permitting) which are relatively flexible.
BWC goes up to end of September but in Europe, 2 x one ways are only marginally expensive than a return maybe a few £ per sector unlike long haul one ways.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
BWC goes up to end of September .......
It does now - seems to be a recent change - and maybe another one to do with FTVs and voucher extensions - see my post 694 in the Amex 241 thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34035418-post694.html
Old May 12, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Any guesses if it will be extended again? I actually had a flight booked from the 30/09-02/10, filled out the voucher request form and I got a voucher just as usual, so maybe it is already extended in the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.