BA documents upload - what have I missed??

Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by backdoc
Try OLCI anyway, I never got my documents cleared email and OLCI was fine and I'm checked-in for tonight's flight.
Computer says no…
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by GOTBound
Computer says no…
Bummer.

I do love that character, Computer says no... cough!
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can just present your documents at check-in, there is nothing to stop you from doing that. However the risk is that you may overlook something important. For example it is the case that the UK accept CDC certificates and other USA documents whereas you appear to be under the impression that they are not accepted. The choice is yours, but so is the risk if you have misunderstood something. There are at least two threads in the forum from people who did not use the Upload or VeriFLY and where yeah then denied travel, simply because they misunderstood the rules.
i do understand that we need vaccination proof in the form of our CDC cards, and am planning to bring them. However, I was under the impression that these cannot be “uploaded” for checking by VeriFLY. I thought it had to be something with a QR code. And I do not see the QR code issued by my state authorities ( Washington State ) among the acceptable documents for uploading.

Apparently I have misunderstood what it acceptable to VeriFLY?

We also have a problem with my husband’s API information. I have repeatedly submitted the information, gotten the green check mark that everything is there, and the next day it has disappeared and it says “ more information needed”. Only his API, not mine. But since this, if not remedied, will mean we cannot do ONCI anyway, I just question the need to struggle with VeriFLY.

Last edited by enzian; Mar 4, 2022 at 12:27 am
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by enzian
Apparently I have misunderstood what it acceptable to VeriFLY

We also have a problem with my husband’s API information. I have repeatedly submitted the information, gotten the green check mark that everything is there, and the next day it has disappeared and it says “ more information needed”. Only his API, not mine. But since this, if not remedied, will mean we cannot do ONCI anyway, I just question the need to struggle with VeriFLY.
Yes, there are two ways to upload vaccination proof into VeriFLY - the QR code reader, which is automated and works really well for digital systems in UK and the rest of Europe. There is also a manual upload process, which is where CDC works. That then gets checked by a clerical team somewhere in the world, which takes 10 minutes to 4 hours, typically.

For API that's another matter which has rumbled on for years if not decades and I'm no nearer to finding out the root cause of that. Various suggestions have been made about that, but two ideas that often get mentioned in this forum are
- try using the App rather than the website or vice versa
- try doing it while NOT logged into your account, so just using name and PNR to find the booking. Maybe using Incognito mode (in other words your cookies may be getting in the way).
But that said, even if Manage My Booking says API is still needed, in many cases the information is actually saved in the background, somehow or other.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I've been doing hops to ATH every month and the MMB document upload never failed me - until now. I always upload the documents in good time, but last time I was returning to LHR I never received a response until *after* I flew, telling me that my docs couldn't be verified. Now I'm flying again on Saturday and have uploaded the docs since yesterday morning - nothing yet. Status says that they are still in review. I wonder what's up...
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
How soon in advance of the flight can you upload your documents via MMB? I am flying for the first time since Feb 2020 - off to LIS on 21 March 2022. Also can you upload the docs for the return flight at the same time?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by AJA_
How soon in advance of the flight can you upload your documents via MMB? I am flying for the first time since Feb 2020 - off to LIS on 21 March 2022. Also can you upload the docs for the return flight at the same time?
48 hours I think - same for Verifly
AJA_ likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by camdentown
48 hours I think - same for Verifly
Thank you much appreciated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.