Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
40 minutes on call on Friday morning before getting cut off. 1hr 23 minutes today and the agent did everything to get rid of me. In end I registered a formal complaint. They’ll need to call me now, wave the fee and pay compensation for the grief. Will update if they ever do call. And I thought Creation were bad
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
So just got off the phone to Barclaycard in what was the most painful customer service call i've ever had, which went on for 2 whole hours. The customer service operator couldnt access my account so had to MESSAGE another department. So the whole conversation had to go through him, whilst he typed back and fourth to a third party, repeating what i was saying. First they couldnt find my account. Then they said the card was sent on 1st March, its now been cancelled and resent - so i should expect it in 5 business working day - basically the 21st March! Three weeks from ordering. They refuse to extend the timeframe of collecting the £3k for avios, meaning i only have 2 months to make my spend basically. They claim it was "lost in the post" - yes mine and hundreds of others, i dont think so! On the plus they are refunding the first months £20 fee. I asked to escalate to make a formal complaint - they said they can't do that as on his system i dont exist. Absolute joke of a company
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Looks like I spoke too soon - it recognises my details but it doesn't work...
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Looks like I spoke too soon - it recognises my details but it doesn't work...
So I have the card and triggered the offer (I only have it thanks to the leak on this thread and applying before the HFP article) so I’m one of the lucky ones.

I however haven’t had anything about the Apple Music. Is there a link or something I’m missing?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ryanfozzie yep it was in a link they sent in an email entitled Action – activate your free Apple subscriptions. It was amongst a myriad of other emails though!
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Ryanfozzie yep it was in a link they sent in an email entitled Action – activate your free Apple subscriptions. It was amongst a myriad of other emails though!
Ah found it now - many thanks!!
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:58 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Barclays Complaint department have sent a letter stating that my complaint has been resolved and closed. Utter rubbish. I still don't have the card, have had two monthly billing periods each having a £20 fee, have been barred access to make any payment for these invalid fees and the forthcoming penalties and impact on credit rating, and no resetting the three month introductory bonus period.

Barclays should be censured for being negligent in charging for a service not delivered.

The Barclays letter states they give permission for the complaint to be considered by the Financial Ombudsman Service. I will take up that offer.
EDIflyer and D404 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Well, my card arrived today, all battered and torn and dirty. Too late though as it got cancelled yesterday and a new one sent out.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Multiple (many!) reports of this now. Was the card itself OK, or also bashed up?

Did an ICBM land in Barclays' card provider's mail room?

Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
Well, my card arrived today, all battered and torn and dirty. Too late though as it got cancelled yesterday and a new one sent out.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
What an absolute shower of total incompetents.

My card finally arrived today - 13 days after being approved.

After going through the tortuous process of activating it, I find that a statement was generated yesterday and that I've already been charged the £20 fee.
I called Barclaycard to complain that this was a bit off when I'd had no use of the card and the launch has been an absolute shambles. I then get passed around four different people, none of whom seemed to know anything about the product or what to do.
Eventually, I get told that they won't refund the fee (contrary to what other people seem to have been told) as "it's in the terms and conditions that we can charge it as soon as the account is opened".
I protested strongly and said that I'd like to complain.
They refused to open a complaint and said they could only log my displeasure as "feedback" because "it's in the terms and conditions".
I told them that was nonsense, insisted that I wanted to complain about being charged a fee for an account I've had no use of, as well as the general shambolic handling of the opening my account, and that I would go to FOS if necessary. They eventually (with much reluctance) agreed to log a complaint.

My whole experience with Barclaycard has been absolutely hideous so far. They make Creation look competent and customer-focused. If there were any other decent non-Amex rewards cards out there, I'd cut this card up and send it back immediately.
EDIflyer and argonath like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
If there were any other decent non-Amex rewards cards out there, I'd cut this card up and send it back immediately.
I’ve been happily using the sainsburys credit card to earn Nectar on my non Amex purchases. These reports don’t make me feel like changing to a Barclaycard Avios card is sensible at present.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA, AMEX PP
Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
Originally Posted by D404
Multiple (many!) reports of this now. Was the card itself OK, or also bashed up?

Did an ICBM land in Barclays' card provider's mail room?

My card arrived yesterday. The envelope was neatly torn on 3 sides, and arrived inside a Royal Mail ‘damaged post’ wrapper. The card itself was visible inside the wrapper.

I contacted Barclaycard to advise them that I wanted a replacement card just in case this one had been compromised.

Where are the multiple reports of damaged cards?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
HFP forums, complete with pictures.

Originally Posted by Cluster One
Where are the multiple reports of damaged cards?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
My card arrived today safe and sound!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:21 am

Apple Pay?

My card arrived today (approved on 1 March) and, like others, in not so great condition.

I've tried to add it on Apple Pay, and got a message saying that the card is not support. Does this also happen to others? I have contacted via Chat and was told that they have 'raised a ticket with Barclaycard team to confirm' (also that 'it will take long time to resolve').

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.