Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by taranty
As above I think they get transferred on the second working day of the month, so should be incoming today.
I've had the points arrive by midnight on months where they have made it, so I doubt they've made it this month. Yet another month (maybe more, who knows!) to wait then.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by taranty
Ah sorry, I meant the Barclays app. If you hit "your rewards" on the home screen, then "view your avios" and "see your activity" you get a screen showing barclaycard avios and separately avios rewards (which is what relates to the current account). You should see the 25,000 somewhere under "avios rewards".
Thank you ! I had never noticed that the "See Your Activity" page had 2 tabs: duhhhh ..... And yes my 25k is showing so perhaps things are on track and I can soon close the Premier a/c that I have never used (my debit card was blocked twice in succession when I first tried to use it, and I never got round to unblocking it the 2nd time).
taranty likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by flarmip
I've had the points arrive by midnight on months where they have made it, so I doubt they've made it this month. Yet another month (maybe more, who knows!) to wait then.
Mine have arrived literally in the last few mins, so don't give up hope yet !
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:49 am

Just stumbled upon an e-mail received on 7 November which says:

"With your Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Barclays Avios Rewards, you have everything you need to collect your 100,000 Avios bonus. To qualify for it, simply keep them open until at least 04 March 2023. We'll then get in touch to let you know you've qualified for the Avios bonus and that it's been paid into your British Airways Executive Club account (the 100,000 Avios bonus won’t show in your Barclays app."

I have not heard anything and the 100k have not posted, so I guess I should be chasing ?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Just stumbled upon an e-mail received on 7 November which says:

"With your Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Barclays Avios Rewards, you have everything you need to collect your 100,000 Avios bonus. To qualify for it, simply keep them open until at least 04 March 2023. We'll then get in touch to let you know you've qualified for the Avios bonus and that it's been paid into your British Airways Executive Club account (the 100,000 Avios bonus won’t show in your Barclays app."

I have not heard anything and the 100k have not posted, so I guess I should be chasing ?
The terms of the offer do say that the 100k bonus can take up to 2 months to post, so I'd be inclined to wait that long before chasing.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by flarmip
The terms of the offer do say that the 100k bonus can take up to 2 months to post, so I'd be inclined to wait that long before chasing.
OK thanks. I suppose its better to err on the side of caution and not to close any of the accounts before the bonus actually posts, but I plan to close the bank a/c using the automated bank switching service that i used when I opened the a/c. Does anyone know if that also automatically cancels the Avios Rewards add-on ?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Had to re-link my Barclaycard back to my BAEC today in the app , I suggest others have a look at their's when passing by.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi
Anyone with recent experience applying for the plus card? Assuming approved quickly, are you able to access card details electronically (e.g. via app) straight away or do you have to wait for the physical card to arrive?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:15 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by danmushman
Hi
Anyone with recent experience applying for the plus card? Assuming approved quickly, are you able to access card details electronically (e.g. via app) straight away or do you have to wait for the physical card to arrive?

Thanks
For me the credit check was a nightmare (I have a lot of wealth, not a lot of taxable income). They kept sending me emails asking for the same piece of information, and it took 4 visits to a branch and an email to the COO in London to get things fixed. They did apologise profusely and took care of me. And I am very happy with the Barclaycard as a lot of places still don't take Amex. So it was a lot of hassle but worth it IMO.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by JessicaB
For me the credit check was a nightmare (I have a lot of wealth, not a lot of taxable income). They kept sending me emails asking for the same piece of information, and it took 4 visits to a branch and an email to the COO in London to get things fixed. They did apologise profusely and took care of me. And I am very happy with the Barclaycard as a lot of places still don't take Amex. So it was a lot of hassle but worth it IMO.
thank you, once finally approved do you remember having to wait for the card?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: Executive Club
They approved me straightaway pretty much and the card came a couple of days later, but it had just £200 credit limit. It took weeks and weeks to get the credit limit paperwork they needed (it was like a guessing game as to what they were asking for, I got to know all the staff in my branch very well). Eventually this idiot who was dealing with it said she would only allow me £200 ongoingly, . But after a little screaming in the right ears, it was sorted.
danmushman likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by danmushman
Hi

Thanks
If you have no other existing Barclays products you'll have to wait for the card to come in the post to allow you to register for the app. If you have other products you should be able to see it appear view card details, add to mobile wallet and so on.

I was also given the £200 credit limit treatment and it took a great deal of time and energy to upload the payslips they wanted to see before increasing it to the original approved amount.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by stifle
If you have no other existing Barclays products you'll have to wait for the card to come in the post to allow you to register for the app. If you have other products you should be able to see it appear view card details, add to mobile wallet and so on.

I was also given the £200 credit limit treatment and it took a great deal of time and energy to upload the payslips they wanted to see before increasing it to the original approved amount.
Thanks - I just went through the application, was approved with a proper limit straight away. can't yet use the app or log in to the website, hopefully card will arrive quickly.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by stifle

Be grateful you succeeded. I never managed it for Mrs FF99 despite assets and plenty of unearned income recorded on a tax return. Never got past the £200 stage.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 12:25 am

Does a downgrade from paid to free card produce a new card number? More importantly does the credit limit change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.