Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Mine arrived this morning - applied (and accepted) in the evening on Mon 28 Feb.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by ed_flyer
Has anyone received their card? I’ve been waiting 8 business days since confirmation email.
Finally got mine today (same timeline as speedbird66 above)

28 Feb: Applied and approved
03 Mar: New confirmation with different card number
09 Mar: PIN received
11 Mar: card received

Last edited by KT550; Mar 11, 2022 at 6:28 am
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:56 am

I, too, have a different card number in the second email. Mystifying. I was rejected initially for nonsensical reasons but accepted after the issues cleared up. So that's two credit searches and I presume we are all paying for the weeks it takes the card to arrive. Ho hum...
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
HFP talked about future good news for existing Barclaycard holders who converted to the new Avios Plus premium paid card, but I never saw a follow-up. Does anyone know the position ?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
HFP talked about future good news for existing Barclaycard holders who converted to the new Avios Plus premium paid card, but I never saw a follow-up. Does anyone know the position ?
Earlier this week I spoke to Barclaycard to convert my current card to an Avios card. “Computer says no” was the answer!

also …….

Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
No option pops up for me when I look at the 'Change card' section of the app
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
According Rob in the comments section on HFP today, a "reader special" enhanced Avios sign up bonus is coming at some point.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Schwann
According Rob in the comments section on HFP today, a "reader special" enhanced Avios sign up bonus is coming at some point.
Which is great for those who are able to sign up, but not much use for those who aren’t eligible.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:04 pm

Received my card earlier, 7 full days for pin No and card
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:26 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
No card yet despite being told on 28 Feb that the card was in the post. So unable to spend anything towards the three month sign up bonus.

As the first monthly billing period ended on 3 March, I'm now in week 2 of the second monthly billing period which is bizarre. I worry that the sign up offer will therefore end in just 7 weeks time at the end of the third monthly billing period. If so, an underhand way of Barclaycard limiting exposure to paying out the bonus.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:28 pm

Barclays telephone customer services is as bad as that of BA. A ridiculous speech recognition/filtration system followed by a lengthy wait to speak to a nice agent.

Let's just get rid of the inter-thingy and all will be find again!
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Well I was approved on the first day the website went live (28th Feb). Received my PIN number by post on the 5th March but no card has arrived yet...
I'm sure they got swamped with applications, but once a card is approved, its printing and dispatch out should be automatic and pretty quick...
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Schwann
There will be an enhanced bonus if you apply via HfP in a short window at the end of the month, if all goes to plan.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Raffles
There will be an enhanced bonus if you apply via HfP in a short window at the end of the month, if all goes to plan.
Any sneaky hints about how much the enhanced bonus might be?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
Earlier this week I spoke to Barclaycard to convert my current card to an Avios card. “Computer says no” was the answer!

also …….

but you need to to that via the app or website as you are logged into your online account. The general application link will stop you as you cannot apply to a new Barclaycard currently if you already have one, but you need to do a product change on the existing account.

you go and select your current Barclaycard and then “change to a different card” option (in the app the path should be: quick links > cards> “select your card” > change to a different card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.