Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
If they don't honour that for existing applicants then I suspect they'll only succeed in annoying even more people with this chaotic launch!
​​​​
I'll be happy with getting what was offered to me initially, if they want to offer more, then great I'll take it - but have no expectation of an enhanced offer.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:33 am

I'm reading from the terms and conditions that you can only use the upgrade voucher on an avios booking. So for example you need to book a full reward booking with miles only, then you apply the upgrade on top using this voucher. Is that correct?

If so:

1. I assume there needs to be availability both in the original cabin and the upgraded cabin? Or is it only the upgraded cabin?
2. I assume you need to apply the voucher at time of booking?
3. I assume you cannot combine with an Amex companion voucher?
4. I assume the upgrade voucher terms are the same for the Barclays premier account and this card?

It all sounds a little bit pointless if you already have companion vouchers, to be honest. Assuming you usually book for 2 people, its going to cost more avios to book for 2 then use the voucher than just booking outright with avios and use the 2-4-1 surely.

Trying to work out whether I'm missing anything there or not.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
These vouchers are really save some Avios vouchers. You only need availability in the cabin you’re actually travelling in, so essentially book business pay PE Avios, book PE pay economy Avios. No combining with Amex. You can with these upgrade 2 one way or one for a return, so some use to couples.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by DG55
I'm reading from the terms and conditions that you can only use the upgrade voucher on an avios booking. So for example you need to book a full reward booking with miles only, then you apply the upgrade on top using this voucher. Is that correct?

If so:

1. I assume there needs to be availability both in the original cabin and the upgraded cabin? Or is it only the upgraded cabin?
2. I assume you need to apply the voucher at time of booking?
3. I assume you cannot combine with an Amex companion voucher?
4. I assume the upgrade voucher terms are the same for the Barclays premier account and this card?

It all sounds a little bit pointless if you already have companion vouchers, to be honest. Assuming you usually book for 2 people, its going to cost more avios to book for 2 then use the voucher than just booking outright with avios and use the 2-4-1 surely.

Trying to work out whether I'm missing anything there or not.
exactly the same conditions of the old Lloyds voucher. The way I have mostly used the Lloyds voucher (aside of the odd time that there was no availability on one of the legs), was to basically find availability for a CW return, then establish which of the two leg was more expensive, then call and book asking to apply the voucher to the more expensive leg and use entirely avios for the other leg. As the other user have mentioned, those are really a save Avios vouchers.

as I have already asked previously and got no response, it would be good to ascertain if two vouchers per booking can be used and thus if you can use on the same booking the Barclays Premier Avios voucher and this Barclaycard one ..
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
as I have already asked previously and got no response, it would be good to ascertain if two vouchers per booking can be used and thus if you can use on the same booking the Barclays Premier Avios voucher and this Barclaycard one ..
Why would it matter? Even if the answer is no, you simply make 2 separate bookings, one per person with a voucher used per booking. Only problem would be seat selection if one of you has status.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:42 am

How long is it taking to get cards through the post after application ?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by argonath
My confirmation email said “Your card and PIN are in the post and will arrive separately within 3 – 5 working days.”

I’m now on day 4, although post man has not been yet.

Update: Post man has now been and gone, no card. So looks like it’ll be the 5th working day or late.

Update 2: I just got this text message:

“Hi, our Barclaycard Avios cards are flying off the shelf and it won't be long until you'll have yours - it'll be with you in the next few days. Your Barclaycard team”

I think that’s PR code for the cards are late.

Last edited by ed_flyer; Mar 8, 2022 at 5:41 am
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by argonath
I applied late on Mon 28th Feb and got email confirmation containing customer number and last four digits of card number.

Received another confirmation on Thursday 3rd March with a different last four (which now matches that shown on the online servicing website - the original didn't)
but still no card or PIN.

Like others, I received the text update today.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:04 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Originally Posted by KT550
I applied late on Mon 28th Feb and got email confirmation containing customer number and last four digits of card number.

Received another confirmation on Thursday 3rd March with a different last four (which now matches that shown on the online servicing website - the original didn't)
but still no card or PIN.

Like others, I received the text update today.
The same timings and events too for me. The Barclaycard email of 28 February stated 'Your card and PIN are in the post and will arrive separately within 3 – 5 working days.' Clearly these items weren't in the post at all. Today's email infers they are experiencing some despatch delays.

Despite waiting for the card to arrive, I've been sent my first monthly statement for the period ending 3 March. It included the Ł20 fee. So I've been charged for a period before the card was even sent. Very sharp practice.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:37 pm

Accepted on 1st March and card and pin came on the 7th. Activated the card, made two transactions, no problem then one payment was rejected. 1 1/2 hrs later on the phone and Barclaycard didn't recognise my account. What a pain. I'm not sure Barclaycard have the BOF set up to handle all the issues being raised
I have set up the online account so it's not me going mad!

Last edited by windym; Mar 8, 2022 at 2:39 pm Reason: additional information
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC
I have an existing Barclaycard, but just clicked on the app and then selected change card to Avios. Only the 1k bonus instead of 5k, but happy enough that I could change cards so easily.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ed_flyer
My confirmation email said “Your card and PIN are in the post and will arrive separately within 3 – 5 working days.”

I’m now on day 4, although post man has not been yet.

Update: Post man has now been and gone, no card. So looks like it’ll be the 5th working day or late.

Update 2: I just got this text message:

“Hi, our Barclaycard Avios cards are flying off the shelf and it won't be long until you'll have yours - it'll be with you in the next few days. Your Barclaycard team”

I think that’s PR code for the cards are late.
Day 6: pin has arrived along with two further emails prompting me to activate my card… still no card.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:52 pm

Question for existing Barclaycard holders
i have a Barclaycard currently with a very long 0% deal and balance on that im in no rush to pay off before the end of the 0% period

if i switch my Barclaycard to the new Avios card will my existing 0% balance start getting charged interest ?
Or will they have to honour the current arrangement ( as I paid a fee to get the 0% deal )?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by capri_rob
Question for existing Barclaycard holders
i have a Barclaycard currently with a very long 0% deal and balance on that im in no rush to pay off before the end of the 0% period

if i switch my Barclaycard to the new Avios card will my existing 0% balance start getting charged interest ?
Or will they have to honour the current arrangement ( as I paid a fee to get the 0% deal )?
they will probably honour that deal but it will get complicated if you then start spending on the same account to hit the bonus… in theory repayment have to go to the part attracting most interest, and this new spend, but it does get complicated at time and there are numerous reports on Money saving forum of then managing to get the 0% deal withdrawal due to a complication with one of the repayment
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:12 am

Has anyone received their card? I’ve been waiting 8 business days since confirmation email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.