Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:44 pm

Figured out how to fix this problem when trying to link your British Airways account with Barclays:

Accounts not linked

Sorry – we couldn’t link your Barclays current account to your British Airways Executive Club account. This means you haven’t joined Barclays Avios Rewards. If you had a Barclays Blue Rewards membership, we closed it – you can re-join at any time.

Please log in to the Barclays app and try again.
--

To solve it, I went to the Barclays reward section where it prompts me to login to British Airways on my phone browser. I copied the link of this British Airways page from my phone and pasted it into the browser on my laptop. I then logged in on the page on my laptop, and finally my Barclays account and BA account were linked. After I refreshed the Barclays app, everything was good to go. Hope this can help someone suffering from this issue!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:19 am

I decided to go for it and open the Premium current account to go alongside the Avios Plus Barclaycard that I’ve had for a few months, in order to collect the 100,000 bonus avios.

It’s proving a right headache. They ask you to
open the account using their app. But if you’re logged into the app with your Barclaycard account there’s no way to do so. Apparently that’s a glitch. So I logged out of my account and tried to open the account as a new customer. I got some way along the process and the they wanted me to go to a branch to show ID. I waited 90 minutes in my local branch only to be told that (1) I shouldn’t have started a new application as the accounts then wouldn’t be linked and (2) the Amex statement I’d brought as proof of address wasn’t acceptable because it didn’t show the full Amex card number (it’s partly obscured for privacy) 🤦‍♂️

Trying again today. 100,000 is a big incentive otherwise there is no way I’d be doing this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by rum
I've been told by Barclaycard CS to use it with a Chip & PIN transaction first and that all online restrictions will be lifted after that. Not sure I believe this, but here goes...
I got the same suggestion, it’s just a fob-off though, it makes no difference
Old Oct 16, 2022, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by ID90_J
Looks like there's a new Barclays offer, which might be of interest to other Barclaycard Avios customers.

100k Avios if you open their premier current account and hold it for at least 4 months. I think it's £12 a month.

so 4 x £12 for premier current acc
+ 4 x £20 for Barclaycard Avois Plus Mastercard
= £128 for 100k avios

Good deal? Article here

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/huge...0-bonus-avios/

Do you have to earn £75k/y or have £100k in investments to be eligible for this offer???/
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: BA
Existing Barclays Premier and Barclaycard Avios Plus 100K offer - Great news – you’re eligible for a 100,000 Avios bonus”

On 7 October I received an email from Barclays stating “With your Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Barclays Avios Rewards, you have everything you need to collect your 100,000 Avios bonus. To qualify for it, simply keep them open until at least 09 February 2023. We’ll then get in touch to let you know you’ve qualified for the Avios bonus and that it’s been paid into your British Airways Executive Club account (the 100,000 Avios bonus won’t show in your Barclays app. T&Cs apply. Don’t forget, the 100,000 Avios bonus is on top of the standard joining and welcome bonuses you may be eligible for.”

However in the T&Cs it states “You won’t be eligible for the Avios Bonus if you hold both products prior to the Qualifying Period.”

Which one is correct?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Crubber
Do you have to earn £75k/y or have £100k in investments to be eligible for this offer???/
When I opened the current account they asked me for my net monthly income. I don’t know how strictly this is enforced in practice.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by martinc338
Existing Barclays Premier and Barclaycard Avios Plus 100K offer - Great news – you’re eligible for a 100,000 Avios bonus”

On 7 October I received an email from Barclays stating “With your Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Barclays Avios Rewards, you have everything you need to collect your 100,000 Avios bonus. To qualify for it, simply keep them open until at least 09 February 2023. We’ll then get in touch to let you know you’ve qualified for the Avios bonus and that it’s been paid into your British Airways Executive Club account (the 100,000 Avios bonus won’t show in your Barclays app. T&Cs apply. Don’t forget, the 100,000 Avios bonus is on top of the standard joining and welcome bonuses you may be eligible for.”

However in the T&Cs it states “You won’t be eligible for the Avios Bonus if you hold both products prior to the Qualifying Period.”

Which one is correct?
I received a very similar email today after just opening the current account on Friday. I thought it was interesting they don’t mention the requirement in the literature to use the current account switch service, which I obviously have not yet.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by sdmr
I decided to go for it and open the Premium current account to go alongside the Avios Plus Barclaycard that I’ve had for a few months, in order to collect the 100,000 bonus avios.

It’s proving a right headache. They ask you to
open the account using their app. But if you’re logged into the app with your Barclaycard account there’s no way to do so. Apparently that’s a glitch. So I logged out of my account and tried to open the account as a new customer. I got some way along the process and the they wanted me to go to a branch to show ID. I waited 90 minutes in my local branch only to be told that (1) I shouldn’t have started a new application as the accounts then wouldn’t be linked and (2) the Amex statement I’d brought as proof of address wasn’t acceptable because it didn’t show the full Amex card number (it’s partly obscured for privacy) 🤦‍♂️

Trying again today. 100,000 is a big incentive otherwise there is no way I’d be doing this.
Barclays is a joke. I have been accepted for the CC and so applied for the current account. They say I have to take proof of address to a branch. The earliest appointment is in a month's time.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Crubber
Barclays is a joke. I have been accepted for the CC and so applied for the current account. They say I have to take proof of address to a branch. The earliest appointment is in a month's time.
Yep. I had to wait about 2.5 hours in the branch over two separate visits just to show ID. The staff were extremely apologetic and trying to be as helpful as possible. They also kept encountering IT glitch after IT glitch.

Now I understand the Barclays-BA brand synergies 😂
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
Did you get the domestic flights added for barclay
card without extra charges
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:06 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by alexb1212
Did you get the domestic flights added for barclay
card without extra charges
Yep, I did in September (page 54 I think of this thread). Same number of Avios and cash as a 241 Amex booking
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
Thanks Tim I have went through it again
Old Oct 22, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Has anyone worked out what happens if applying for the Premier a/c when self-employed with no "salary"? I have a gross income well over the £75k requirement and can make random payments of pretty much any amount into the new account from one or another of my pre-existing accounts. Will that be enough or is someone policing the requirements that the credits are "salary"?

For the a/c switch I have a redundant a/c with a small credit balance but no DDs, that I would happily sacrifice. Is that going to be sufficient if there are no active DDs ?
Old Oct 23, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Has anyone worked out what happens if applying for the Premier a/c when self-employed with no "salary"? I have a gross income well over the £75k requirement and can make random payments of pretty much any amount into the new account from one or another of my pre-existing accounts. Will that be enough or is someone policing the requirements that the credits are "salary"?

For the a/c switch I have a redundant a/c with a small credit balance but no DDs, that I would happily sacrifice. Is that going to be sufficient if there are no active DDs ?
I think you can apply for the account without hitting the requirements and pay a £20 per month fee instead. But if you can pay in to hit the £75k, you may not have to pay the £20 fee. I can't figure out how it works though but there was mention at sign-up that you can do it. May be worth a call with Barclays?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by sdmr
Yep. I had to wait about 2.5 hours in the branch over two separate visits just to show ID. The staff were extremely apologetic and trying to be as helpful as possible. They also kept encountering IT glitch after IT glitch.

Now I understand the Barclays-BA brand synergies 😂
Did you make an appointment or just turn up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.