Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
They must have resolved the launch day issues. As an existing Barclaycard holder (Legacy Cashback and HIlton Honours) I now have the option to Product Swap in the app.

I can confirm that I am offered a bonus, albeit small:
Free Avios card: spend Ł1000 in the first 3 months get 1000 Avios

Ł20 per month Plus card: spend Ł3000 on the first 3 months get 5000 Avios
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hmmm - there might still be some issues: I submitted an application and have been stuck on the following screen waiting for my decision for half an hour...
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Both of my cards say no options available in the app if I try and change them.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
I managed to switch to the paid card in the app this morning. Message said I would get my new card a few days after my next statement date (which is March 7 anyway).

bonus was as above 5k for Ł3k spend which is fine as I have spent my Ł10k on my Amex anyway.

Unusually for Barclays was pretty straight forward in the end
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by chistery
Both of my cards say no options available in the app if I try and change them.
it was the same for me yesterday but checked today on both my app and my wife’s and we both have options to swap both of our cards (different card accounts each)
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I am tempted by the new Barclaycard Premium card but was rather put off by paying Ł12 a month for premier banking Barclays Avios Rewards and then an extra Ł20 a month for the Barclaycard Avios Plus Card, then noticed this which does soften the blow somewhat:
this means that effectively the Premier Avios current account will cost Ł7 per month instead of Ł12. Is anyone clear if you can earn and use two upgrade vouchers per booking? The old Lloyds voucher could only be used one per booking as I remember but they did accept two vouchers once it was announced that the scheme was closing. Also, does anyone know if those Barclays/Barclaycard voucher can be used within the normal BAEC booking process or will again only be through a dedicated number/the ex Lloyds number? (Edited to remove incorrect statement - email was about earning over 10,000 Avios )

Last edited by marcopizzaiuolo; Mar 1, 2022 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Erwin10
I have just been successful in registering for a card, despite their website showing some errors.
And received my card this morning and all set up, despite some error messages in the app, that's quite some issues within a week. Now I just hope this card is accepted in Apple Pay soon, so I can reach the Ł1k spend and then move back to my Amex.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by skiaplg
Hmmm - there might still be some issues: I submitted an application and have been stuck on the following screen waiting for my decision for half an hour...
Happened to me too. I eventually gave up and let it time out. Has anyone had any success since 1 March?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SteveF
Happened to me too. I eventually gave up and let it time out. Has anyone had any success since 1 March?
Yep worked OK for me this morning.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Re the paid/premium card, the fee is shown as Ł20/m
So is it charged monthly or that is just representative and you get charged the Ł240 from the start?
- if the later is the fee refundable pro-rata as ANEX do?

asking as seems an easy way to get 29,500 Avios for Ł60 (assuming you can spend in first 2 months and get the bonus within the 3rd month before cancelling)
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:50 am

Charged monthly and able to downgrade in-app when you wish from what I've read.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by dougzz
Do you have any links to this for HSBC? The National one could be useful to me. I’ve tried Google but continually find pages of non-specific info rather than actual details of how to.
I do not believe any of the Car Rental Status benefit was specifically mentioned on the HSBC website or literature but I tried and managed to register my HSBC card and obtain status with all the above when the World Elite was first launched. Please note that I had tried to use other MC World Elite cards (like the N26 card) and the BIN was not accepted. I must confess that I remember using some USA site version to register to one or two of the schemes

edit: I think I obtained status first with one of the other companies and then used that to status match with National:
https://status.emeraldclub.com/usen
dougzz likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Bigger bonus coming soon

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...card-problems/
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:34 am

If they don't honour that for existing applicants then I suspect they'll only succeed in annoying even more people with this chaotic launch!
​​​​
skiaplg likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
I applied on Tuesday, and got a need further time to assess application message, fairly typical for me. No follow up, no email of other communication whatsoever. Just logged into Barclay's app and the card account is already showing there, so I was apparently successful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.