Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GabrielExea
Surprised I am first to the thread on this one, but I always find these updates helpful!

Currently an uprated sign up bonus of 50k avios (Additional 25k avios) until 18th July 2022. A pretty good deal if you've not signed up yet, even at 1p per Avios personal valuation.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/person...rds/avios-plus
I think it was mentioned in post 688 unless it has changed again in the meantime.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by GabrielExea
Surprised I am first to the thread on this one, but I always find these updates helpful!

Currently an uprated sign up bonus of 50k avios (Additional 25k avios) until 18th July 2022. A pretty good deal if you've not signed up yet, even at 1p per Avios personal valuation.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/person...rds/avios-plus
Posts #683 (implicitly) and #688 beat you to it
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I signed up and received mine yesterday. Will be a good addition especially since I need to make a £3k purchase, but because I've already achieved my annual rewards on the Amex Gold and Amex BAPP cards.

They could not verify my income (due to me getting a new job the other month I assume) so had to send in a couple of payslips. This process can take around 5 working days to complete and once verified, I should have a realistic credit limit.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:25 am

Signed upto Barclays Rewards card a few weeks back, regretting it now. Should have gone for this, got about 4-5k worth of outgoings due in the next few months.

Barclays App says there’s no cards available to change to & the team on the phone said it can only be done via the App.

Got my first statement due shortly so I’m hoping something changes via the App once it’s produced
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by aks120
I am surprised no one has mentioned that Barclaycard appears to have swapped allegiance from HfP to TPG - they are now advertising a new sign up offer exclusive to them! Sounds like a similar deal to that originally on HfP.

Regards

aks120
Anyone know how you contact tpg? No bonus avios posted and Barclaycard say it’s nothing to do with them!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:34 am

Is the upgrade voucher received in the statement swipe across in the month the qualifying spend was made, or a few days after making the qualifying spend as per the Amex vouchers?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just a query about the upgrade voucher - if I have a voucher in my BA account and my partner has a voucher in their (we are in a BA household account together) - would we be able to use these two vouchers for one booking, so we can upgrade a return journey for 2? If not online, then maybe by phone?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:15 am

Also, could someone confirm, if you have the free card and are accumulating spending towards the cabin upgrade voucher at the £20,000 target, and after a few months upgrade to the premium card - will your existing spending to date still stay on the new £10,000 target or does it reset to zero?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:18 am

Quick question about the voucher.

Have it in my account, looking to booking flights, but on a busy route. If there anyway to book outbound, and then add in inbound on later?

There is no chance of getting seat availability for out and return at the same time.

Many thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Can anyone confirm how quickly one can cancel the Premium card once received ? I received mine yesterday and will hit my spend £3k by tomorrow (useful tip: it can be used to credit energy accounts, so most people may have the option of generating spend by paying off a chunk of the coming year's bills in advance).

I am not that fussed about the upgrade voucher, and I think it may make sense to just cancel asap and put myself in a position to get another card - with bonus - in 6 months time.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Can anyone confirm how quickly one can cancel the Premium card once received ? I received mine yesterday and will hit my spend £3k by tomorrow (useful tip: it can be used to credit energy accounts, so most people may have the option of generating spend by paying off a chunk of the coming year's bills in advance).

I am not that fussed about the upgrade voucher, and I think it may make sense to just cancel asap and put myself in a position to get another card - with bonus - in 6 months time.
You can cancel whenever - it’s easy via app chat. I think you may need to wait 24 months to receive the sign up bonus again, though.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
You can cancel whenever - it’s easy via app chat. I think you may need to wait 24 months to receive the sign up bonus again, though.
24 months indeed, it's in the T&Cs - the 6 months period was only if you've had any other non-Avios Barclaycard before.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:05 pm

Related question, now I’ve triggered my bonus points and voucher, is there any downside to downgrading to the free version?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:35 am

Just applied for my first Barclaycard - got message about further checks required and will be in touch within 5 days. Anyone else had this and been updated quicker than 5 days?

Last edited by LouiseG; Jul 11, 2022 at 5:15 am
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by LouiseG
Just applied for my first Barclaycard - got message about further checks required and will be in touch within 5 days. Anyone else had this and been updated quicker than 5 days?
They never got in touch with me at all, months ago now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.