Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Blue
You still get a bonus for switchning. but at a lower rate.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:31 am

Thanks for the responses about needing the App to track sign-up bonus. Website advises either Barclaycard or the Barclays App can be used. Any recommendation for one or the other?

I can't say I've found Barclays to be the easiest to navigate so I'll be taking the 25k bonus for the £3k spend and cancelling (not downgrading to free card).
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
CatchThePigeon I found I needed to use the Barclaycard app to properly see the tracker/earned Avios - although their IT is pretty dreadful regardless!
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Apple Pay now working

Originally Posted by Simonp27
Apple Pay now seems to be working for me with this card.
+2 - I'm a luddite so don't use it, but my OH managed to set up Apple Pay last week, and I got a text from Barclays today confirming that it is now up and running.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:55 am

Unable to switch card

Has anyone with an existing Barclaycard card found they are are still unable to switch via the app?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by aviosasw
Has anyone with an existing Barclaycard card found they are are still unable to switch via the app?
Yes, no options, no help on the phone or chat either. So have cancelled one card, to sit out 6 months, and we live in hope on the other for when its Promo FX rates end?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by aviosasw
I had the Hilton and Platinum Visa and was offered to switch the later to the Avios card in the app. I did and its been pretty seamless.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
well the new welcome offer has pissed me off!!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:49 am

Has anyone that applied for the regular Avios (not plus) card via The Points Guy offer link that was running in the middle of May received the additional 5,000 Avios (i.e. not the ones for spending)

I would go back and look at the Ts&Cs but they seem to have taken the whole page down.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:29 pm

Yes missing the 5k from the HFP offer, should it have appeared after the first purchase, after £3k+ spend or after the first 3 months?

Edit. apologies, I’m referring to the Plus offer
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Yes missing the 5k from the HFP offer, should it have appeared after the first purchase, after £3k+ spend or after the first 3 months?

Edit. apologies, I’m referring to the Plus offer
You should have it directly in your BA account dated 5th or 6th May.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
You should have it directly in your BA account dated 5th or 6th May.
Yes, mine (regular card) appeared on 5th, posted as ‘Barclaycard Avios Award’. I think it was the first sign that my card was linked to my Avios account, as I’m one of those missing any link to Avios in the app. Spending and bonus have also subsequently been posted as expected.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
In a way I'm happy I didn't get the card when it first launched, now that they are doing the double welcome bonus (50k Avios) for the £3k spending in 3 months.

I'm sure a better sign up bonus will come up another time, but I'm happy with what I got.
zat_dude and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by AHC96
In a way I'm happy I didn't get the card when it first launched, now that they are doing the double welcome bonus (50k Avios) for the £3k spending in 3 months.

I'm sure a better sign up bonus will come up another time, but I'm happy with what I got.
I would eat my hat if we saw a better offer than 50k. I’m a little miffed I applied before that but I’m swimming in Avios right now, so it doesn’t sting too much
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I would eat my hat if we saw a better offer than 50k. I’m a little miffed I applied before that but I’m swimming in Avios right now, so it doesn’t sting too much
Yup. It’s all part of the game. Some you win, some you lose.
Radiation Station and HP28 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.