Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Old May 9, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Looks like my 5000 HfP avios have posted on by BAEC account. Nothing showing on the Barclaycard side of things but this is seen on the BA app.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by beamac
Had the same problem here ie lack of PIN- suggest registering account on the Barclaycard website if you have the card. You should then be able to access / reveal your PIN there and change it at an ATM if required. You can’t see the PIN on the app since you need the PIN to complete the app registration. Suspect that you will need to complete the registration/ activation before you can link to Curve- I did all this and don’t have a problem linking it. Good luck! Your next problem may be getting through to the Help desk if you need to!
Thank you, sir! That worked just fine. Rather convoluted process to register as per usual it seems but all working now!
Old May 10, 2022, 4:40 am

Has anyone downgraded to the free card after triggering the upgrade voucher? Will I lose it or will it remain on my BA account?
Old May 10, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Voucher is already on the BA account so will remain. I've requested downgrade via the app but won't take effect until next billing date - and I sincerely hope no card fee is taken off then!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Voucher is already on the BA account so will remain. I've requested downgrade via the app but won't take effect until next billing date - and I sincerely hope no card fee is taken off then!
How typically barclaycard! I might just get my other half to cancel her card when the voucher posts, then.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:15 am

My two cents - no trouble signing up. The application process asked to access my current account to check income and gave a ridiculously high credit limit - crazy high - new Range Rover high... Got the 5,000 bonus for them being slow to send a card and now downgraded after getting 25,000. All in all, not a bad service.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by ceej123
Looks like my 5000 HfP avios have posted on by BAEC account. Nothing showing on the Barclaycard side of things but this is seen on the BA app.
How soon after triggering the Ł3k spend on Barclaycard did you receive the HFP 5k Avios? I've just spent the required Ł3k on the card and am now waiting to hear from Barclaycard re the 25k Avios bonus.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I am surprised no one has mentioned that Barclaycard appears to have swapped allegiance from HfP to TPG - they are now advertising a new sign up offer exclusive to them! Sounds like a similar deal to that originally on HfP.

Regards

aks120
Old May 10, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by higham44
How soon after triggering the Ł3k spend on Barclaycard did you receive the HFP 5k Avios? I've just spent the required Ł3k on the card and am now waiting to hear from Barclaycard re the 25k Avios bonus.
So as far as I'm aware the 5k bonus has nothing to do with spend and more to do with how long ago you applied. Ive just hit the target for the 25k Barclaycard bonus and that should turn up next month. I think the HfP bonus was due up to 60days after opening the account…which I’m pretty sure hasn’t happened yet.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
All the HfP 5k bonuses were posted last Friday, well ahead of schedule.
rum, 86BA7 and SavvyTravel like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Mine wasn't, nor my wife's.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Raffles
The HfP bonus hasn't hit my BAEC account yet. Fingers crossed!
Old May 11, 2022, 3:39 am

I was wondering if I'd be able to prove I signed up via H4P, when I noticed this in my contract information...

...not a problem. lol
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK * A Gold, Qatar Gold
I may be being very stupid but where on the app does it show the Avios earned? It says to check on the app but I simply can't find them!

OK I was being stupid, have now found it!

Last edited by barobson; May 11, 2022 at 4:33 am Reason: stupidity
Old May 11, 2022, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
I was wondering if I'd be able to prove I signed up via H4P, when I noticed this in my contract information...

...not a problem. lol
Can you point out where on the Barclaycard website I will find that so, if required, I can prove my sign up was via H4P?
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.