Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aviosluv
Despite spending over £2,000 and paying it off, my tracking is only saying I’ve spent £229… anyone else had this issue? The Avios earned have updated, but not the welcome bonus tracker.
Yep, I've got my voucher and the voucher tracker hasn't budged in a month! The bonus one completed fine.
Old May 6, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Yes - current balance over £3k but amount spent in the tracker is only £2,030 - don't see why unless there are transactions which don't count?
Update: Tracker still says only £2030 spent towards target(s) - but just had an email congratulating me on my 25k avios!
Old May 6, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Yep, I've got my voucher and the voucher tracker hasn't budged in a month! The bonus one completed fine.
Just another broken element of the app then it seems. Although my 0002 errors have apparently resolved now.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
World Elite Benefit

As a small aside from the main discussion, I have managed to utilise a World Elite benefit on my wife’s Barclaycard Avios Plus to get top tier Preferred President’s Club status with Avis as I have noted in the thread below. No proof was needed but she/I seemed entitled so I thought I would try and it was given.

BA/Avis car hire - additional driver
EDIflyer and SavvyTravel like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by allycat53
As a small aside from the main discussion, I have managed to utilise a World Elite benefit on my wife’s Barclaycard Avios Plus to get top tier Preferred President’s Club status with Avis as I have noted in the thread below. No proof was needed but she/I seemed entitled so I thought I would try and it was given.

What's this World Elite stuff? Not heard about it before.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by RG1X
What's this World Elite stuff? Not heard about it before.
This stuff comes with Barclays Avios Plus and other Mastercards. Gets you lounge access at various lounges and some other benefits.
RG1X likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: GGL
Anyone know when this card can be added to apple pay, I cannot really use it much before. Very strange this is not standard feature of all cc's these days.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond

does anyone know how to get this level if like me you are already registered as a “Privilege” member? The form doesn’t allow an upgrade request. Not that I’m surprised, of course.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by jplondon
Anyone know when this card can be added to apple pay, I cannot really use it much before. Very strange this is not standard feature of all cc's these days.
I got an SMS at the start of April saying it should be supported by the end of May. No update since though.
Old May 7, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jplondon
This stuff comes with Barclays Avios Plus and other Mastercards. Gets you lounge access at various lounges and some other benefits.
Although it varies very much by card and I think the Barclays one has pretty limited benefits - certainly no lounge access that I've seen and this Avis status is the first one I've seen mentioned?
Old May 7, 2022, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
does anyone know how to get this level if like me you are already registered as a “Privilege” member? The form doesn’t allow an upgrade request. Not that I’m surprised, of course.
I’m not sure about “Privilige” as the Avis loyalty program is “Preferred”, but assuming you mean the same thing, I found this form online and filled it out and selected World Elite as the matching program and the upgrade to “Preferred Presidents Club” was done either later that day or next day. Got an email to confirm and status changed on my online account and app

https://www.avis-preferred.com/mastercard/
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
I am assuming that you need to "activate" the card in their app before it will actually work? I've got the card, but not the PIN yet, and can't seem to make any online transactions nor link it up to Curve.

Unrelated, but I had no problem getting a reasonable credit limit, but have found other aspects as mystifying as others - multiple security words and numbers, no Apple Pay (I could understand this for a new bank launching cards, but what exactly needs to be done by Barclaycard of all companies?!). Not throwing away my Amex BAPP any time soon if this is a sign of things to come...
Old May 7, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Although it varies very much by card and I think the Barclays one has pretty limited benefits - certainly no lounge access that I've seen and this Avis status is the first one I've seen mentioned?
l’m not sure if it’s an “official” benefit of Barclaycard but I found an old thread on Head For Points about car rental status matching and after a bit of digging found that Avis offered this upgrade to World Elite card holders so I gave it a try and it worked.
EDIflyer and SavvyTravel like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Originally Posted by xarantine
I am assuming that you need to "activate" the card in their app before it will actually work? I've got the card, but not the PIN yet, and can't seem to make any online transactions nor link it up to Curve.

Unrelated, but I had no problem getting a reasonable credit limit, but have found other aspects as mystifying as others - multiple security words and numbers, no Apple Pay (I could understand this for a new bank launching cards, but what exactly needs to be done by Barclaycard of all companies?!). Not throwing away my Amex BAPP any time soon if this is a sign of things to come...
Had the same problem here ie lack of PIN- suggest registering account on the Barclaycard website if you have the card. You should then be able to access / reveal your PIN there and change it at an ATM if required. You can’t see the PIN on the app since you need the PIN to complete the app registration. Suspect that you will need to complete the registration/ activation before you can link to Curve- I did all this and don’t have a problem linking it. Good luck! Your next problem may be getting through to the Help desk if you need to!
xarantine likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
I’m not sure about “Privilige” as the Avis loyalty program is “Preferred”, but assuming you mean the same thing, I found this form online and filled it out and selected World Elite as the matching program and the upgrade to “Preferred Presidents Club” was done either later that day or next day. Got an email to confirm and status changed on my online account and app

https://www.avis-preferred.com/mastercard/
Thanks. That’s exactly what I needed to be “Preferred”; oops.
allycat53 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.