Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Migrating from a platinum visa to the avios MasterCard has so far been painless. The day after my statement date (20th) the card updated to the new one, and a day later I can link my baec account and see my balance in the app. Now I just need the card to arrive.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
The app is so frustrating. 002 errors all the time. Are they running servers from Poundland?
rum likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by aviosluv
The app is so frustrating. 002 errors all the time. Are they running servers from Poundland?
Same here, and still no link to Avios. I HAVE had seven identical letters from them, “We’re just checking in about our app”, which I think must equate to the number of times I reinstalled it trying to make it work….
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
My BA Barclays Cabin Upgrade Voucher is now showing on my Executive Club homepage, appeared within 36 hours of reaching the spend threshold.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
So has anyone who applied via Head for Points received the extra 5k Avios?

Also I still don’t have a decision or any contact from Barclays after applying on 29th March.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle
Same here, and still no link to Avios. I HAVE had seven identical letters from them, “We’re just checking in about our app”, which I think must equate to the number of times I reinstalled it trying to make it work….
Yep. Nothing in my app (on the 1 in 50 times I attempt to log on via the app) to suggest that my Barclaycard is linked to my Avios account.

Baffling that there is no way to check on the website!

Not at all pleased so far.

Have you received a statement yet?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:02 pm

Yep. Nothing in my app (on the 1 in 50 times I attempt to log on via the app) to suggest that my Barclaycard is linked to my Avios account.

No statement yet, will see what happens on 11 May, which seems to be my statement date.

I have done two transactions (a 50% success rate) and they are both shown as ‘pending’ still, even though I have received the goods.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:16 pm

Yes I received a statement today. Well I think I did. When I tried to view it they wanted my cvv but said alternatively they could send me a text with a code. I didn’t have my card handy so I asked for the code. It never arrived.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:52 pm

Turns out my wife did get approved, zero interaction from her so no idea what happened there.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Three weeks after receiving the card, I finally received the physical PIN, something that I'd retrieved via the online portal weeks ago. Why do they bother sending this at all?

Besides the Android app generally looking like it's stuck in the noughties, and Google Pay not working on my phone, and Apple Pay not working on my missus' phone, and a couple of random declines, and a few oddities like transactions from 10 days ago still showing up as pending, and the web interface constantly logging me out seemingly arbitrarily, and being forced to use the app or the browser interface for accessing certain things, I think everything else is going quite well.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:11 am

Sounds great... lol
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Don't seem able to access my statements from the app today. "Sorry, this document isn't available. Please try again later."

Wonderful IT!
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:14 pm

After the shambles of applying for the card, waiting to get my limit raised from £200 I’ve finally hit the £3k spend. Does the 25k bonus get posted the following month? Does anyone know how long the HfP 5k bonus is supposed to take?

I can’t believe we can’t even add this card to Apple Pay. It’s 2022. What a joke!

funny thing is the first thing they charged for as soon as I got the card was the £20 and produced the first statement 2 days before I even received the card. I hope there’s a simple downgrade path unlike the virgin Atlantic premium credit card where I’ve been told I have to cancel and reapply for the free version.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:15 pm

Their in-app chat service isn't terrible. I recommend it above the call centre, although I have not tried the dedicated line mentioned earlier in the thread yet. I got my first month refunded but really I'd like the first credit check removed as my first application was declined due to the teething troubles - if anyone has managed that, please do post here.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Even though most of us are used to the gold-standard service of AmEx - who set the bar very high for other banks - I've found the whole Barclaycard experience to be one total shambles after another. Like others on here, I cannot believe that a first world bank that's been doing credit cards for decades (I had my first Barlcaycard along with a Midland Bank Access card (remember those?!) back in 1981) can make such a complete hash of every aspect of the process - from failed initial applications, to damaged envelopes, to absent PINs, to ludicrous credit limits, to Curve wallet failures, to Apple Pay failures, to App failures, to clunky websites, to 3D ID problems.

What a way to run a credit card launch.

I spent 36 minutes last week speaking to the fraud department (again) because of a persistent decline issue whilst trying to spend £600 on flights on line. It was resolved - eventually - and I was told that the problem would not happen again.

Today I tried to renew my car insurance for £500 and guess what? Declined.

Complete and utter shambles.
EDIflyer and HP28 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.